Video: Cowherd: Dak will make 28-30 mill if we win tonight

waving monkey

Reaction score
Cowherd is better than any personality ESPN puts out, other than Will Cain.

That being said, if Colin is right and the Cowboys give Dak a massive contract close to $30mil/year, I will stop watching games.
sincere question , why?

ultron

Reaction score
20-22 million x5 years is my best guess. He gets quite a few endorsements simply because he had a great rookie year as the DALLAS COWBOYS Quarterback. If he played for the Bills or Browns (just to name a few) - he would never get the endorsements that he gets.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Well we may be playing the best right now in the division but A) that’s not really saying a whole lot and B) things can drastically change from week to week and C) we still have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league and sometimes shaky, inconsistent QB play.
Agreed. But my only point is that if Dak produces exactly what the franchise NFL darling produced, that will be held up as proof positive Dak is a crap QB who is lucky to even be a backup. And I'm no big Dak supporter.

X550i

Reaction score
I truly believe Jerry has not made a decision on Dak.

He will wait till the end of next season and see how close this team is competing for a championship. There are quite a few players on this squad that require contract decisions moving forward.
Jerry took his time with Romo before offering him a big deal, and he should do the same with Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well he was saying some smart stuff before this. He said the cowboys fanbase and media are smarter than the average fan because we're not all sold on Dak. He said everyone in Cleveland is loving Baker Mayfield, meanwhile we have a better Quarterback but we know better than to go all in on someone who isnt completely proven. I agree completely.

Cowherd has to justify his hate for Mayfield. And Cleveland has a reason to be giddy about Mayfield. When was there last franchise quarterback? And didn't they have like 1 win in 32 games? They haven't gone "all in" on Baker. Heck, he's in his rookie year. Still has four more to go on his rookie deal. And if he exceeds his deal in year three, they'll renegotiate and give him a new one. If he doesn't, they can always franchise him, trade him or let him go.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don’t know...and that’s the problem with some people, they have to fee like it really counts before they give their best
Yep, there's more to being a HC than playing pre game catch and clapping for 4 quarters.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
sincere question , why?
Because the writing will be on the wall.. We won't be a legit contender for as long as Dak is considered the "answer" at QB.

I guess I was embellishing a bit. I suffered through the Quinthy, Hutch, Stoerner years and watched every game.. I'd still probably watch the games if they Dak a crazy amount of $, even if I knew we weren't going to be relevant.

conner01

Reaction score
I truly believe Jerry has not made a decision on Dak.

He will wait till the end of next season and see how close this team is competing for a championship. There are quite a few players on this squad that require contract decisions moving forward.
Jerry took his time with Romo before offering him a big deal, and he should do the same with Dak.
I think Jerry wants to extend him
The question is for how much
I don’t think Jerry wants to pay him Cousins type money and I don’t blame him

Swanny

Reaction score
Boy, oh boy. Cowturd is trying to ride the shirt tails of the Dallas Cowboys. Seriously, who listens to this guy? He is better than SAS, but that is not saying much. I am nervous about the game and turd is talking about a dang contract......SMH. Let's focus on making the playoffs.
He has grown on me. Used to be a hater now I like his schtick

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They made the mistake and gave Romo the big deal too.

Was Romo worth it? Of course. But the market is clearly too high right now and if you watch Cowherds video he shows why these QB's making big money is bad for their team.
Well bad news then, because I think Jerry has already decided to pay him a ton. Maybe not the highest, but a lot even for the market.

We're talking about a guy here who literally boasts about overpaying for things his whole business life.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I don't think tonights game will have all that much bearing on his contract but whether they make the playoffs and whether they win in the playoffs will have more to do with it than a single game score tonight

I believe we make it and will play the Panthers in the Wildcard Game. We will beat the Panthers and play the Saints again but in NO.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Cowherd is better than any personality ESPN puts out, other than Will Cain.

That being said, if Colin is right and the Cowboys give Dak a massive contract close to $30mil/year, I will stop watching games.
I really like will Cain. He's good

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I believe we make it and will play the Panthers in the Wildcard Game. We will beat the Panthers and play the Saints again but in NO.
I hope you are correct. If we do, then this game is a measuring stick like the pundits are stating. I hope the outcome tonight does not mess with this team's momentum.

Hardline

Reaction score
If Dak wins tonight and gets a 28-30 million dollar contract will he play for league minimum if he loses?