Video: Cowherd - Dallas Drafted 4 Elite Players the Last 2 Years

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The fact we got lamb and Diggs in the same draft is amazing to me. I wanted Diggs at 17 in that draft. Some here said I was crazy. Lol

And they were right because his value was in the 2nd round and in the first he would’ve been a reach and bad draft day value.

DFWJC

Reaction score
is this the same cowherd who slighted us for taking the very players he is now calling elite?
he ripped us for taking ceedee lamb.
he said we should take defense this year...we did...and he ripped us after the draft during his draft grade segment.
and osa was one of our third round picks he said he didn't understand.
i can't keep up with cowherd.
he is the ihop of broadcasting.
If he did pan the CeeDee pick (don't know if he did) that's actually a true credit Cowherd to be able to honestly reassess his opinion.

The worst are those that either
1) don't admit they missed one or
2) stubbornly never change their minds

So kudos to him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then yes. Now? No. Hes outperformed every CB taken in front of him.

It shouldn’t be evaluated now.

Draft day is when you want the best value.

You don’t draft Osa Odigizuwha in the first round even if you think he is a first rounder and eventually performs like one.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tomorrow, Collin will say that Mac is better than Dak and he'll take New England and the points. Joy, will be in the corner sniggling.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It shouldn’t be evaluated now.

Draft day is when you want the best value.

You don’t draft Osa Odigizuwha in the first round even if you think he is a first rounder and eventually performs like one.
So you dont pick a player. That you have a feeling will be an ELITE player. Because of value? Alrighty then. Diggs had the potential to be what he is now last draft. The cowboys had a first round grade on him and got lucky he was there in the 2nd. If they took him with their first pick at 17. I wouldnt have been mad. And at this point this season. No one would.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want to know which direction the wind blows, just check Cowherd. What a pimp.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you dont pick a player. That you have a feeling will be an ELITE player. Because of value? Alrighty then. Diggs had the potential to be what he is now last draft. The cowboys had a first round grade on him and got lucky he was there in the 2nd. If they took him with their first pick at 17. I wouldnt have been mad. And at this point this season. No one would.

If you want them you trade back and get him at his value.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The team had him in the 1st if Lamb wasn't there.
That's what they say but if that's the case why on earth did they let him fall to their 2nd round pick? That's a risky game unless they just didn't value corner enough and didn't mind him getting drafted.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's what they say but if that's the case why on earth did they let him fall to their 2nd round pick? That's a risky game unless they just didn't value corner enough and didn't mind him getting drafted.
Because Lamb was higher on their board?
They were also looking at other corners in the 1st.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because Lamb was higher on their board?
They were also looking at other corners in the 1st.
I'm saying if you felt highly about him like you did Paxton Lynch which it came out they offered a 1st and a 3rd for because they had a high grade on him....wouldn't you do the same for corner? They did it with Demarcus Lawrence. Traded up in the 2nd to get him. If they truly saw Diggs as worthy of the 17th pick how far do you let him slip without trading up? We easily could've missed out on him.

Reactions: G2

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
is this the same cowherd who slighted us for taking the very players he is now calling elite?
he ripped us for taking ceedee lamb.
he said we should take defense this year...we did...and he ripped us after the draft during his draft grade segment.
and osa was one of our third round picks he said he didn't understand.
i can't keep up with cowherd.
he is the ihop of broadcasting.
He's a putz, period. I want to puke every time he says "My Cowboys"

NickZepp

Reaction score
Please.

Stop this tapping of the breaks or whatever.

Micah Parsons is elite. He’s a game wrecker.

It wasn't long ago where many Cowboys fans were thinking that Jaylon and LVE were going to be elite LBs too. I

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It wasn't long ago where many Cowboys fans were thinking that Jaylon and LVE were going to be elite LBs too. I

I don’t compare every situation to one that is close to home.

Parsons is an elite athlete that barely knows what he is doing and is playing at an elite level.

Yes, if he loses athleticism somehow then he will be a worse player.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I don’t compare every situation to one that is close to home.

Parsons is an elite athlete that barely knows what he is doing and is playing at an elite level.

Yes, if he loses athleticism somehow then he will be a worse player.
NFL isn't all about athletic ability. You have to get the mental parts of the game right too. Or you could see Dallas hire a coach that puts Parsons in bad spots and destroys him mentally like we saw with LVE and Jaylon Smith.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I absolutely love Osa. Could be one of the steals of the draft for sure and a key part of our defense. But, I can't call him elite at this point. Way too early for that. I think people throw these terms around too easily...