Video: Cowherd - Dallas Drafted 4 Elite Players the Last 2 Years

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cee Dee and Diggs may end up being the best first two picks the Cowboys have had in any draft. The best first two picks I can remember the Cowboys having was in 1975 Randy White and Thomas Henderson. We took them both in the first round. Troy Aikman and Daryl Johnston in 1989 were great too.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

lk8701

Reaction score
He’s right this time.

CeeDee
Diggs
Parsons
Osa

All 3 of these young guys are making a huge difference for the team this year.

Love me some Osa!

I'm glad he mentioned Osa. Kelvin Jospeh better pan out because Asante Samuel Jr. would have made it 5 very good to elite players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s right this time.

CeeDee
Diggs
Parsons
Osa

All 3 of these young guys are making a huge difference for the team this year.

Love me some Osa!

Cowturd is the king of revisionist history.

No jumping on the bandwagon now clown!

NickZepp

Reaction score
Cee Dee and Diggs may end up being the best first two picks the Cowboys have had in any draft. The best first two picks I can remember the Cowboys having was in 1975 Randy White and Thomas Henderson. We took them both in the first round. Troy Aikman and Daryl Johnston in 1989 were great too.
Tolbert was the 2nd best player we drafted in 1989 although Moose was great too. 1992 draft may be up there. Kevin Smith who was borderline elite CB till injuries derailed his career. Robert Jones who led the team in tackles in 92 and 94. Jimmy Smith who never played in Dallas because of a freak staff infection or something like that but went on to have a borderline HOF career in Jacksonville. Then Finally Darren Woodson who is a nobody that never did anything. Probably the best draft in the JJ era overall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tolbert was the 2nd best player we drafted in 1989 although Moose was great too. 1992 draft may be up there. Kevin Smith who was borderline elite CB till injuries derailed his career. Robert Jones who led the team in tackles in 92 and 94. Jimmy Smith who never played in Dallas because of a freak staff infection or something like that but went on to have a borderline HOF career in Jacksonville. Then Finally Darren Woodson who is a nobody that never did anything. Probably the best draft in the JJ era overall.

Disagree with Tolbert being better than Moose. Tolbert was a very good player but he didn’t make the impact Moose did. Moose opened up some huge holes for Emmitt. He made some key blocks that sent Emmitt into the endzone in some critical games. Moose was such a great lead blocker some Cowboy fans want him in the Hall of Fame. He certainly wasn’t a Hall of Fame player but he was a key cog in our SB wins. When Emmitt was elected to the Hall of Fame he thanked Moose for all the holes he opened up for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m impressed with this team. I had low expectations at the start of the season. So coaching does matter, mr. Jones.

Go Cowboys. I would feel better if we had a better backup…but who knows…maybe he’s been coached up by now.

Health matters

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'll never forget his segment about 2yrs ago...about how mike mccarthy would be the perfect hire for cleveland and baker.
we hire him.
and he craps on mccarthy.
so which is it colin?
because we hired the guy you thought the perfect choice for cleveland.
then mccarthy becomes a cowboy...and now he sucks.
again.
he's not intellectually honest.
too many times he plays both sides.
trevon diggs was a steal the moment we drafted him.
did colin say that...no.
he craped on our pick knockin' diggs for fallin' to the 2nd.
ceedee lamb was a steal the night we made the pick.
did colin say that...no.
he crapped on it..."eh....not really a need".
now he states the obvious.
what we already knew and have been saying.
now he calls them elite.
but then in your draft recaps..
why did you crap on our picks.
he said after this years draft he didnt like our picks in the 3rd round.
one of those was osa.
now he calls him elite.
great.
just acknowledge what you said earlier.
but he won't.
he just plays pretend.
didn't he call us losers after the tampa game?
now we're elite.
good.
where's the apology for the crap before.
he won't give it.
his staff will scrub the videos from his youtube channel and act like he never said it.
he keeps playing pretend.
must pay nice.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s going a little overboard on Osa. He’s been very good as a rookie and has a chance to be a great player but he’s not nearly at an elite level yet. Tap the brakes!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only bad thing about drafting all these good players is trying to figure out how we’re going to sign them when their contracts are up. If they continue to ascend the way they are they’re going to command huge contracts.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
He’s going a little overboard on Osa. He’s been very good as a rookie and has a chance to be a great player but he’s not nearly at an elite level yet. Tap the brakes!

Osa is playing at a very high level.

Getting that many QB pressures from the interior as a rookie is truly impressive.

He’s playing like a first round draft pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Osa is playing at a very high level.

Getting that many QB pressures from the interior as a rookie is truly impressive.

He’s playing like a first round draft pick.

He’s playing at a very high level but he’s not an “elite” player. That’s the point I’m making. He may one day be an elite player but he’s not there yet. A player needs to be in the top 5 players at their position to be considered elite.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
He’s playing at a very high level but he’s not an “elite” player. That’s the point I’m making. He may one day be an elite player but he’s not there yet. A player needs to be in the top 5 players at their position to be considered elite.

Arguably only Aaron Donald and JJ Watt are playing better at the DT position now.

It’s obviously very early, and I take your point, but Osa looks like something special.

His long arms, big hands, and wrestling background are huge pluses.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Arguably only Aaron Donald and JJ Watt are playing better at the DT position now.

It’s obviously very early, and I take your point, but Osa looks like something special.

His long arms, big hands, and wrestling background are huge pluses.

Too early to be calling him an elite player. We’re only five games into his rookie season.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Cowherd is a major closet Cowboys fan. He loves the brand, loves them when they win hates them when they lose.
Three weeks ago after Tampa he said we're going to win a lot of games but he's not buying in, we can only win by passing in a shootout.
He can't help himself after we won three straight rushing the football and playing defense.

This is how he eats crow, he flips

Big_D

Reaction score
I think Gallimore joins this list when he gets back on the field.