Video: Cowherd: Dallas needs clever. Not Stability

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pretty much what I’ve been saying. Dallas made the wrong type of hire because they don’t value those types of coaches.

WE needed a flashy hyped up big risk big reward type of coach to get the fan base and players energized.

They went with another Garrett.

ultron

Reaction score
LOL

After Dallas wins in Week 1 next season, Colin will give us a 20 minute segment on why this was the best move of the off-season. Dude changes his takes like the wind.
They all do, not just Colin.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
Dallas needs a coach who can instill some fear in these under performing players. Who can get the most out of the talent we have
Everyone loves a super exciting offense that has all kinds of motion and creative plays but you can win with this team if you can just get the run game more creative, less predictable
And you can get the defense to stop teams not just from scoring TD’s but putting up yards that give you poor starting field position
MM wouldn’t have been my first choice but he can make this team better if he can fix the D, special teams and get these players to play with discipline and heart

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowherd: 0-9 ATS the last 2 weeks. He doesn’t know if a football is stuffed or blown up

Well if that's the criteria then let's look at the entire picture: after going 45-33-2 in 2018, Cowherd concluded 2019 at 42-41-3, but let's just pick two weeks. :rolleyes:

The truth is, it's got nothing to do with what he said. It's just a red herring.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas needs a coach who can instill some fear in these under performing players. Who can get the most out of the talent we have
Everyone loves a super exciting offense that has all kinds of motion and creative plays but you can win with this team if you can just get the run game more creative, less predictable
And you can get the defense to stop teams not just from scoring TD’s but putting up yards that give you poor starting field position
MM wouldn’t have been my first choice but he can make this team better if he can fix the D, special teams and get these players to play with discipline and heart

Nah.

Dallas needs hope and excitement more then anything.

We need that 2016 Dak and Zeke feeling back in Dallas.

Hiring McCarthy does nothing to energize the fan base and i'm sure the players are probably feeling the same.

This was a ho hum typical Jerry Jones hire. Boring and a guy they can bully around because he is fortunate to have this job.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty much what I’ve been saying. Dallas made the wrong type of hire because they don’t value those types of coaches.

WE needed a flashy hyped up big risk big reward type of coach to get the fan base and players energized.

Cowturd and SillyAssSmith. Talking heads who have no clue about anything football.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Well if that's the criteria then let's look at the entire picture: after going 45-33-2 in 2018, Cowherd concluded 2019 at 42-41-3, but let's just pick two weeks. :rolleyes:

The truth is, it's got nothing to do with what he said. It's just a red herring.

He’s a clown, but I have no problem with you liking him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coming from the guy who picked the Bills, Patriots, Saints and Eagles to win this past weekend ....

If you put anyone in front of a mic 5 days a week and ask them to predict sports there is going to be times when they are very wrong.

What you're doing is finding a piece to discredit him with and saying that everything he says can't be trusted because he made a bad prediction on some football games.

Nobody can live up to this standard.

conner01

Reaction score
Nah.

Hiring McCarthy does nothing to energize the fan base and i'm sure the players are probably feeling the same.

This was a ho hum typical Jerry Jones hire. Boring and a guy they can bully around because he is fortunate to have this job.
I don’t care how fans feel and have no clue how players feel
Getting those players to play their hearts out for you is something he has to do
And getting this country club, entitled feeling players to change
If he can do that everything else will fall in place I feel

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Nah.

Nothing will build the excitement more than winning. And McCarthy is a winner.

bewp7

Reaction score
well, i probably agree with him. as a fan i did want the flashy, exciting, high upside hire like lincoln riley...but i don’t know if the risky move was the right move for this roster and team.

plus listening to jerry talk about how badly he wants another super bowl and how he beliefs it takes time for college coaches to adjust to the nfl...it was obvious the type of coach he was going to hire this time around.

i was also one of the fans clamoring for literally any one but garrett, so i won’t be complaining about mccarthy until he gives me a reason to!

blueblood70

Reaction score

bullspit its not wrong unless it proves out to be..pure speculative bs reasoning ..

we can win a SB in 2020 OR go 6-10 thats how speculation pans out..we do not know its worng...

tell me who that cray wild hotshot from last years hires have panned out?only one new coach has winning record..not many from the year before doing much as 7-8 playoff teams are new only KC is left now from last years bunch..

there's no blueprint that 100% correct and only time will tell if its wrong..

we wanted change now we have it.. just because it wasn't what you wanted doesnt make it wrong..

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nah.

LOL. The players too? you sound as bad as another poster here assuming things that arent even close to being true.