Video: Cowherd: Dallas needs clever. Not Stability

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You guys trip me out w this another Garrett bs. McCarthy is 10-8 in the playoffs, been to 4 NFC championship games(I think) and won a Super Bowl. I think his win percentage is .681 or something like that. Sure he had Aaron Rodgers, but let’s not act like Dak is some scrub. The dude has won in the nfl for a very long time. He’s lifetimes ahead of Garrett

lqmac, If the Packers let you coach the team Rodgers would carry you to some playoff wins as well.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You're not going to get "clever" from Jerry and Stephen Jones. Their attempt at "clever" was JG, which is why they gave him so long to prove them right.

This, for you old school R&B heads as Teddy Pendergrass song "The Whole Town laughing at me" is what is happening to the Jones's for that hire and failure.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of get the feeling that for a lot of people in here, nothing short of bringing back Jimmy would satisfy them.
Oh, you;d get some riled up posters with that as well, citing his struggles with FA.

There wasn't going to be a unanimously approved HC and Cowerd's opinion is not any more correct or on point than anyone's here. He's paid to perform and he's a talking head like all of the rest and seldom do they point out that they were wrong.

The fact is not one of us knows if this was the right hire and won't for quite some time. But I do know that all of this bs about Meyer and Riley is just that, not one team has interviewed either of them. He was a guest in Snyder's suite and he kept on moving forward with Rivera.

McDaniels has already failed once and balked at the last moment on another, Stefanski, Roman, Saleh are unknowns at the next level but the odds are 2 of the 3 won't last 4 years before they're back to coordinating. McVay is no longer the fair haired boy.

In the NFL, there is no substitute for experience. For every Belichick or Reid, there are 10 others that flash. I wanted either Rivera or Big Mike because they've been there and even better been close and realized why they didn't make it. The truest statement Garrett ever made was "it's hard to win in the NFL". It's also hard to HC with a limited roster, cap, parity and the real coach killer, injuries. I have seen Big Mike overcome injuries far better than Garrett ever approached so I am comfortable that with him "next man up" is closer to fact. Add Nolan's experience level to this and I ma more optimistic about this team than any time in the last 15 seasons.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he said months ago it would be Lincoln Riley.
today on his show he said he thought it should be Ron Rivera.
I never heard that until today.
he was gonna hate this no matter who it was.
anxious to hear what Peter King has to say...is he still high on McCarthy or does the tune suddenly change because he's a Cowboy now.