Video: Cowherd: Dallas needs clever. Not Stability

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys clearly do need stability. Not to the exclusion of being "clever", but these aren't mutually exclusive ideas.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well, i probably agree with him. as a fan i did want the flashy, exciting, high upside hire like lincoln riley...but i don’t know if the risky move was the right move for this roster and team.

plus listening to jerry talk about how badly he wants another super bowl and how he beliefs it takes time for college coaches to adjust to the nfl, it was obvious the type of coach he was going to hire this time around.

i was also one of the fans clamoring for literally any one but garrett, so i won’t be complaining about mccarthy until he gives me a reason to!
:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nothing will build the excitement more than winning. And McCarthy is a winner.

Because of Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers.

Whatever the guys name is thats coaching them now is currently a winner too.. Why? He has Aaron Rodgers.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL. The players too? you sound as bad as another poster here assuming things that arent even close to being true.

Players are humans too and if fans and media are ho huming this coaching hire I don't think the players are hyped up about it either.

Whatever though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bullspit its not wrong unless it proves out to be..pure speculative bs reasoning ..

we can win a SB in 2020 OR go 6-10 thats how speculation pans out..we do not know its worng...

tell me who that cray wild hotshot from last years hires have panned out?only one new coach has winning record..not many from the year before doing much as 7-8 playoff teams are new only KC is left now from last years bunch..

there's no blueprint that 100% correct and only time will tell if its wrong..

we wanted change now we have it.. just because it wasn't what you wanted doesnt make it wrong..

Yeah.. Let's find out the hard way what Green Bay figured out this time a year ago...

Maybe in 10 years we can hire Witten.

SackMaster

Reaction score
If you put anyone in front of a mic 5 days a week and ask them to predict sports there is going to be times when they are very wrong.

What you're doing is finding a piece to discredit him with and saying that everything he says can't be trusted because he made a bad prediction on some football games.

Nobody can live up to this standard.
Yet every pass from Dak Prescott has to be perfect, with perfect timing and perfect anticipation because if it a little behind, low, high or late, "Dak Prescott could not hit the large side of a barn wall".

So ya, I agree. No one can be perfect all the time.

But he also talked about Cap space running out on a team that has the most 5th most CAP room so far in 2020. So unless we are signing Dak to an $80+ million a year contract, which I would even say would be excessive, *** is Colin complaining about?

As far as the Jason Garrett comparison, I don't see it. After all, how many playoff wins do they both have? I think that right there is more than enough to say Colin is overreacting.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL. The players too? you sound as bad as another poster here assuming things that arent even close to being true.
energized fan base must be key to winning a SB lol

I did not know they had direct outcome on games..although I did see we had a full stadium all year while other teams had drop offs..i think simply having a new staff and an infusion of new players ie we have 22 FAS that some will get turned over will keep the fan bases attention..

they wanted Garett and Marinelli gone, DONE!

baby steps...:)

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Really? Another Garrett here? For real? Absurd.

Dallas doesn't need to be clever. They need to be coached well and execute well.

Aven8

Reaction score
Bob Sturm, who knows McCarthy more than anyone around here, loves this hire. Said he is a no nonsense control freak. Said it’s the closest thing we could get to Big Bill in this day and age. He’s very surprised the Cowboys went for him. Said Rogers is who got him fired as he would go off script. Also said the team would never get him weapons yet he made it, and should have won a couple of those NFC Championship games. Remember the Seattle come back? Defense killed them under Capers.

@CATCH17

blueblood70

Reaction score
Bob Sturm, who knows McCarthy more than anyone around here, loves this hire. Said he is a no nonsense control freak. Said it’s the closest thing we could get to Big Bill in this day and age. He’s very surprised the Cowboys went for him. Said Rogers is who got him fired as he would go off script. Also said the team would never get him weapons yet he made it, and should have won a couple of those NFC Championship games. Remember the Seattle come back? Defense killed them under Capers.

@CATCH17
the negative nanny, sky is falling group , wont give anything they dont feel is rights FOR THEM a shot.. we had to hear 5 years of get rid of Garett posts, which spun out of control since Monday as they wanted him officially gone, now right away the hate for MM has begun before the inks dry.. lmao SMH need a computer screen break..signing out..see ya :)

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Nah.

Dallas needs hope and excitement more then anything.

We need that 2016 Dak and Zeke feeling back in Dallas.

Hiring McCarthy does nothing to energize the fan base and i'm sure the players are probably feeling the same.

This was a ho hum typical Jerry Jones hire. Boring and a guy they can bully around because he is fortunate to have this job.
The Players?

Screw what these players think. A bunch of overrated bums...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Nah.

Dallas needs hope and excitement more then anything.

We need that 2016 Dak and Zeke feeling back in Dallas.

Hiring McCarthy does nothing to energize the fan base and i'm sure the players are probably feeling the same.

This was a ho hum typical Jerry Jones hire. Boring and a guy they can bully around because he is fortunate to have this job.

No, Dallas needs someone who can actually coach and get them over the hump. The fans wants deep playoffs runs, not "hype." This was a smart, prudent move. Yeah, maybe it wasnt the flashiest. Maybe it was boring. But I'll take a boring coach who just wins over a college coach who's never coached a single NFL snap any day. This team isn't rebuilding, they're trying to get over the hump.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Pretty much what I’ve been saying. Dallas made the wrong type of hire because they don’t value those types of coaches.

WE needed a flashy hyped up big risk big reward type of coach to get the fan base and players energized.

They went with another Garrett.

You guys trip me out w this another Garrett bs. McCarthy is 10-8 in the playoffs, been to 4 NFC championship games(I think) and won a Super Bowl. I think his win percentage is .681 or something like that. Sure he had Aaron Rodgers, but let’s not act like Dak is some scrub. The dude has won in the nfl for a very long time. He’s lifetimes ahead of Garrett

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Pretty much what I’ve been saying. Dallas made the wrong type of hire because they don’t value those types of coaches.

WE needed a flashy hyped up big risk big reward type of coach to get the fan base and players energized.

They went with another Garrett.

Cowherd has been completely wrong on Dallas all year.

Has not had a clue about Dallas.

Why break a streak now.?