Video: Cowherd is not impressed with Dallas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Don't know who has a better football team between us and GB. I know the zebras will help GB every time.

But on to Cowturd. I watched the show. You have to understand that most of the national sports media hates the Cowboys or at least has no respect for the team /organization. (I can understand the organizational disrespect because it's Jerrah). Dallas is pretty well gonna get crapped on by the media. And I'm OK with that. The team doesn't need to be reading their own press clippings anyway.

But an example of what I'm say is on air right now, the Week 4 Power Rankings. Dallas is rated #14. They've played the world champs and almost beat them in their house and then went to the LAC's house and did beat then. Both very good teams and ranked well ahead of Dallas, TB #2 and Chargers #10. Now who in their right mind can justify this if Dallas beat them (LAC) in their house?

I can tell you that most of these talking heads see highlights or bits and pieces of games and can't see our defensive improvement. They base their thoughts on that terrible 2020 defense and the lackluster offense that had a 2nd and 3rd team OL and 4 different QB's. Let'em think like that. They're idiots and Cowturd is at the head of the class!

They have Rodgers, Adams, and a bunch of nothing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He basically says last night is what Dallas usually does in stand alone game against NFC East rivalries.

Calls our division trash.

Points out that Dak is 11-1 in these types of games and what we did is nothing new.

Says everyone knows if we play a good offense we won’t stop them.

I don’t think he is wrong about any of his points but he is really ignoring our past defenses and the you movement that we have on that side of the ball. Dallas finally has playmakers on defense and I know we struggled against Tampa in week 1 but we didn’t have Parsons playing on the line either.

The defense just has upside to be really good.

Also, the Ram have the best defense in football and it was like they weren’t giving up yards to Tampa.

He’s also kind of ignoring the Chargers game I feel like too.

I'm not sure what game people were watching...but we kicked the crap out of Tampa...everywhere but the scoreboard.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not sure what game people were watching...but we kicked the crap out of Tampa...everywhere but the scoreboard.

I 100% agree.

Refs decided that game.

They scored more points then we did but Dallas outplayed them.

Plus Parsons was trying to play linebacker and cover guys downfield when he needs to be rushing QBs.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Cowherd is on a TV show. T..V..SHOW.

Show:

-a spectacle or display, typically an impressive one.
-a play or other stage performance, especially a musical.

The only difference between Colin Cowherd and an actor on days of our lives is the depressing music and dark rooms.
both handed a script in the morning, both read off script, both come back the next day to shoot there show. Same for SAS, Skip and all the other actors on the tv shows you guys watch.

9darter

Reaction score
Are you guys hypnotized by this dude's ugly face or what? So many of you link to his crap all the time. Why do you keep watching this pathetic, self-obsessed weirdo? :confused:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He basically says last night is what Dallas usually does in stand alone game against NFC East rivalries.

Points out that Dak is 11-1 in these types of games and what we did is nothing new.

I don’t think he is wrong about any of his points but he is really ignoring our past defenses and the you movement that we have on that side of the ball. Dallas finally has playmakers on defense and I know we struggled against Tampa in week 1 but we didn’t have Parsons playing on the line either.

Also, the Ram have the best defense in football and it was like they weren’t giving up yards to Tampa.

Cowherd sounds like you did when Dak signed his new contract.

"waaaaaaa we are going to be mediocre for the next 10 years waaaaaaa"

Are you now backing off that prediction?

How are all those teams looking with rookie QB's? Remember your famous "strategy"?

Rookie deal QB's? You wanted to trade Dak and his salary for a rookie QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His take sucks, but you must never watch him if you think someone else writes his opinions for him.
I do not watch any of them, do not spend a minute watching any sports talk. I like watching sports but not them talking about it. All I see is what is brought here. Usually a "Hey, y'all watch this, I hate this guy".

But everything they do is planned out with producers because they are all looking for the net effect.

In a past career in music licensing, ESPN, FOX and all the regionals were clients and I got to know them pretty well and sat in on some shows and my eyes were opened to just how well planned some of the seemingly spontaneous banter came off.

Like there is a science to radio sports talk, all basic talk actually, of filling in the spaces. There are content challenges many times and the work around was developed by a consultant in Chicago years ago and everybody jumped on board. Next time you watch or listen to talk programming, note how many times they repeat something, might change it just a little but it is the same content. The consultant dubbed it the "5th Grade Rule", repeat everything like you are teaching the 5th grade.

Colin Cowherd isn't interested in anyone liking or disliking his opinions, he just wants the eyes that relate to ratings that relates to contract. How else could Skip Bayless get 4M a year to do what he does?

Loso86

Reaction score

Screw him and every other hater. They can beat the rams, bucs, packers, chiefs and bills easily and he will find a way to hate and complain

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Over the last 2-3 years, Cowherd has become extremely unlikeable. Granted, maybe it is because i'm just a psychotic, biased cowboys fan and all Cowherd seems to do these days is hate on the Cowboys,and in the past two years, it has been completely warranted.

However, his take today was complete and utter bull****. He COMPLETELY overlooked and discounted the Chargers win to the point of not mentioning it at ALL while he was making his weak *** initial argument. That being said, I have a strong feeling that even if someone were to bring up the Chargers W to him, he would have a bunch of readymade excuses lined up, probably something like "The refs won that game for the Cowboys" and "Herbert diced them up, just couldn't finish in the redzone, mostly in part to the refs", etc. al.

At this point, its nothing less than laughable and tiring. Cowherd has become yet another Stephen A-style mediot who thrives off of trolling and trying to be "original" (as some have mentioned already), even if it means sacrificing logic and real-live facts, which he did in order to make his repugnant argument today.

I'm not saying this Dallas team will win the superbowl based off of last night's performance, but to sit here and say that they AREN'T a top 5-6 team in the NFL at this point in time is nothing less than hating nonsense. The defense has improved leaps and bounds and are playing like a group of hungry, FIERY hunters who want to attack.

Swagger

Reaction score
Don't know who has a better football team between us and GB. I know the zebras will help GB every time.

But on to Cowturd. I watched the show. You have to understand that most of the national sports media hates the Cowboys or at least has no respect for the team /organization. (I can understand the organizational disrespect because it's Jerrah). Dallas is pretty well gonna get crapped on by the media. And I'm OK with that. The team doesn't need to be reading their own press clippings anyway.

But an example of what I'm say is on air right now, the Week 4 Power Rankings. Dallas is rated #14. They've played the world champs and almost beat them in their house and then went to the LAC's house and did beat then. Both very good teams and ranked well ahead of Dallas, TB #2 and Chargers #10. Now who in their right mind can justify this if Dallas beat them (LAC) in their house?

I can tell you that most of these talking heads see highlights or bits and pieces of games and can't see our defensive improvement. They base their thoughts on that terrible 2020 defense and the lackluster offense that had a 2nd and 3rd team OL and 4 different QB's. Let'em think like that. They're idiots and Cowturd is at the head of the class!
We should be in every top 10 power ranking at worst.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Over the last 2-3 years, Cowherd has become extremely unlikeable. Granted, maybe it is because i'm just a psychotic, biased cowboys fan and all Cowherd seems to do these days is hate on the Cowboys,and in the past two years, it has been completely warranted.

However, his take today was complete and utter bull****. He COMPLETELY overlooked and discounted the Chargers win to the point of not mentioning it at ALL while he was making his weak *** initial argument. That being said, I have a strong feeling that even if someone were to bring up the Chargers W to him, he would have a bunch of readymade excuses lined up, probably something like "The refs won that game for the Cowboys" and "Herbert diced them up, just couldn't finish in the redzone, mostly in part to the refs", etc. al.

At this point, its nothing less than laughable and tiring. Cowherd has become yet another Stephen A-style mediot who thrives off of trolling and trying to be "original" (as some have mentioned already), even if it means sacrificing logic and real-live facts, which he did in order to make his repugnant argument today.

I'm not saying this Dallas team will win the superbowl based off of last night's performance, but to sit here and say that they AREN'T a top 5-6 team in the NFL at this point in time is nothing less than hating nonsense. The defense has improved leaps and bounds and are playing like a group of hungry, FIERY hunters who want to attack.
Also his take on Aaron Rodgers last week was genuinely embarrassing. Cringing. Speculating about his family and making assertions without any first hand knowledge.

Skip embarrassed himself as well when banging on about Prescott and his supposed mental health. Why don't they just comment on the sports rather than making random personal comments about players!? Shocking journalism really.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowherd sounds like you did when Dak signed his new contract.

"waaaaaaa we are going to be mediocre for the next 10 years waaaaaaa"

Are you now backing off that prediction?

How are all those teams looking with rookie QB's? Remember your famous "strategy"?

Rookie deal QB's? You wanted to trade Dak and his salary for a rookie QB.
Or like you did when Zeke signed.....and still sound that way. Oh the irony!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have to know there's a schtick. Of course there are some real genuine shows. And of course tensions, contrarians, drama makers....sells!

We apparently hate him here and even we're talking about him. Masterful.