Cowherd on the Cowboys 28-23 loss vs. Eagles

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't really like this guy but he's not wrong at all.
He echoes my sentiments . We matched up as good as anyone could expect.

But at the end of the game The eagles performed like a well-oiled machine and we were a disorganized mess.
This along with the fact that we couldn't run the ball and we were one dimensional cost us the game.
Three rushing first downs like he said we needed to get Derrick Henry at the trade deadline and Jerry let us down the same sentiment I've been preaching for a month

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don't really like this guy but he's not wrong at all.
He echoes my sentiments . We matched up as good as anyone could expect.

But at the end of the game The eagles performed like a well-oiled machine and we were a disorganized mess.
This along with the fact that we couldn't run the ball and we were one dimensional cost us the game.
Three rushing first downs like he said we needed to get Derrick Henry at the trade deadline and Jerry let us down the same sentiment I've been preaching for a month
Tennessee has a young developmental quarterback they were not trading King Henry for day three picks. When is the board going to get that through their heads. Henry was not available unless someone offered a Kings ransom.

pitt33

Reaction score
Cowherd is absolutely right in regards to the end of games for this team.

They are a disorganized mess.

And the coach and quarterback are to blame. Mike’s time management and play calling is head scratching for a veteran coach.

Prescott gets so nervous and skittish in those situations that it affects the entire offense.

Man, you can see it in his face.

Just numb to all of this.

It really is what to expect from this team.

And has been.

ESisback

Reaction score
It’s as plain as day! Run Dowdle and Luepke between the tackles. Utilize tempo and motion. Use Pollard on the edges, with quick pitches and dump offs. Combine with play action and roll outs, slants to CD, Ferguson down the seam, Cooks outside.

Tempo, unpredictability, motion—use all your weapons!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cowherd is absolutely right in regards to the end of games for this team.

They are a disorganized mess.

And the coach and quarterback are to blame. Mike’s time management and play calling is head scratching for a veteran coach.

Prescott gets so nervous and skittish in those situations that it affects the entire offense.

Man, you can see it in his face.

Just numb to all of this.

It really is what to expect from this team.

And has been.
:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have to be able to finish the games. Last I saw a game is 60 minutes, not 55.
The Cowboys are not good closers on the bigger stages.

We are able to take it to the brink. We lead the horse to the water but just can’t get across.

It’s definitely a problem . And until we get this enormous monkey off our backs it’s going to continue being called out. And rightfully so.

Time will tell. I’m sure we’ll get more opportunities.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Curious as to where Colin was wrong? What exactly did he say that isn't trut? Are there hurt feelings because he is bang on? Do we not look like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off in these same last minute games over the years? Does MM have no clue how to manage time in these types of games over the years? Curious, and asking for a friend