Video: Cowherd takes the Cowboys over the Patriots

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What going to be whiter? Our uniforms on Sunday or the flag the Patriots are going to be waving in the 2nd half?

:flagwave:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Has this been posted already?

3:46 into the video.

I just wrote Cowboys! on a rock and threw it through my neighbor's window.

Zeke is not the best RB in the league.
Our oline is not the best either.
And win or lose, I'll still want to get rid of Garrett. He is what I think he is. JAG. Always gonna be a gameday liability.

But yeah, I think we can win this one.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
We need to get a special teams touchdown tomorrow. Some trick play on a fake field goal kind.

Qcard

Reaction score
Has this been posted already?

3:46 into the video.

I just wrote Cowboys! on a rock and threw it through my neighbor's window.

2 Weeks ago I hoped Stephen Jones would lock Dak up in an executive office till he signed a deal. Now the floor is $35 mil per season. A win against weakened Patriots...what's next.
Remember Jerry and I think Parcells got Romo in the office and wouldn't let him leave till the got an extension (Romo earned highest contract after improving).
You don't want a bidding war with other teams.

MikeB80

Reaction score
2 Weeks ago I hoped Stephen Jones would lock Dak up in an executive office till he signed a deal. Now the floor is $35 mil per season. A win against weakened Patriots...what's next.
Remember Jerry and I think Parcells got Romo in the office and wouldn't let him leave till the got an extension (Romo earned highest contract after improving).
You don't want a bidding war with other teams.

Romo didn't sign that contract when they sat him down.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Cowboys have the better team. Brady is showing his age. Dallas pass rush is going to give him troubles.

Zeke will be the difference maker. I expect Cowboys to win. We shall see.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A matchup of two colossal powerhouses.

Meanwhile Zeke vs Pats line

K4HA471.gif
:lmao:

GMO415

Reaction score
Herd is the most cerebral guy out there. I believe him. All that makes sense, but I think JG will blow it for DAL.

GMO415

Reaction score
I think this game is especially important for Garrett, a win tomorrow might solidify another contract from Jerry.
Regular season games don't decide contracts after a decade. Only playoff results

GMO415

Reaction score
I've been saying it all week - I just don't see a scenario in which we lose this game to this team. We're so much better than the patriots at just about every position; however, their coach is a sociopathic genius and he knows their outmatched big time - so I expect him to put everything he has into gameplannig for this game. If we don't turn the ball over, this forum and the world will be shocked at how badly we beat the Patriots.
We were so much better than NYJ but how'd that turn out?

erod

Reaction score
If Garrett beats Belichick, Jerry will be so giddy that he'll extend Garrett 10 years

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I like Cowherd a lot. I think he often has insight that I don't. He's also interesting most of the time.

Although I think it's reasonable to take the Cowboys side of the spread, I think his reasoning was about as bad as I've heard in a long time.

- cherry picks defensive stats against the Patriots starting with the Ravens game. I mean, really. The Ravens are an anamoly this year; no team in the NFL is like them in the least.Using the Ravens game to bolster the point that the Pats defense is not really that good while ignoring defensive DVOA which indicates the Patriots are one of the all-time best defenses is just bad. BTW, DVOA is now entirely adjusted for strength of opponent and I think the Patriots are in the top 5 all time (if I remember correctly).
- comparing Dak's rushing ability with Lamar and Cam which ignoring that the Patriots are the most disciplined rush team in the NFL at keeping the QB in the pocket while not allowing him to either break through the middle or escape to the outside. They pay for it by not getting to the QB as often, but their secondary often holds up anyway.
- Saying that the 'Boys will score an (easy) late TD to give them an 11 point victory while ignoring that the Patriots this year are playing a full 60 minutes; there is no garbage time against the Pats defense even in the midst of their blowouts.

That all being said, the Pats offense is struggling both because of offensive weapons as well as an OL that has not played well. LT Wynn's return may or may not make a big difference. Yes, he's a really good player. But integrating back in after missing half the season isn't a given.

The Patriots running game has been abysmal for weeks. Again, the OL was been a significant problem but it's also because TB hasn't played as well both in reading defenses, making adjustments at the line pre-snap or throwing under pressure. Just lots of issues to correct. I can see some progress being made on some issues, but not across the board. Expect another weak offensive performance by the Pats.

The Pats 2-minute offense has been effective when it's been run - but they don't have the personnel to run it unless Dorsett is cleared for the game. Just another piece missing for them.

Finally, Cowherd predicts a "low scoring game" of 55(!) points. What??

Really like your post although it's harshing my hope for a win. Your point about the Pats defensive DVOA being legitimate is what did it. I was hoping the teams & QB's the Pats have faced skewed
their numbers & maybe they weren't as good as appeared. I'm afraid Dak's recent successes won't hold up against a Belichik defense. I'm not really expecting our run game to be any better either. Our biggest hope may be our defense coming up with their 1 game of the year performance.