Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys have become "has-beens"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Facts exist even when you don't agree with them. The Cowboys have not played in a championship game of any sort in 25 years.

There are over 55 million Americans who weren't even born when Super Bowl XXX was played. "Has beens" is being kind.
Yes, but for the sake of argument theres about 275 million Americans who were born when the Cowboys played in Super Bowls. And two previous generations of Cowboy fans who have witnessed greatness.

Despite the lack of success this era it will take at least another generation from this lack of success to truly become a has been.

By that time the current leadership will be gone. 50 years and two generations removed from greatness will return this franchise to has been with the 90’s generation in their aging years all thats left to recall championship eras. Check back about 2045.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You try being a Cowboys fan for 50 years living an hour from Pittsburgh. You'd be waving a silly towel over your head like the rest of the locals.

It's easy being a "diehard" when 90% of the people around you root for the same team. Stop patting yourself on the back. :rolleyes:
Why would anyone want to be aCowboys fan in Steeler country. We certainly don’t see Native Texans becoming Steeler fans here. How does that happen up there?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
After decades of being a die-hard Cowboys fan, I barely give a crap anymore about this unlikable franchise.

And there are many millions just like me.
As soon as they start winning they’ll all be hopping on again. Dallas is a winners town just as Troy said correctly.

cowboyec

Reaction score
so if he really honestly truly believes that...then why does he keep doing segments on us.

Zordon

Reaction score
He's right but its been like this for a long time. Were going on 25 years now. That didnt start this year.
This first time we've ever been flexed out of SNF. Our ratings have been down signficantly. Even in the 2015 season our ratings still held up. Something feels different this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This first time we've ever been flexed out of SNF. Our ratings have been down signficantly. Even in the 2015 season our ratings still held up. Something feels different this year.

I love it.........I hope Jerry and the Cowboys get embarrassed as much as possible. It creates change.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Yeah. It is different this year. The team isn't fun to watch. I was watching the Ravens game and I felt like I was watching the Jets play. This coaching staff is ruining the franchise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last time I checked it was a free country. People can cheer for whoever they want. Even in Canada where I live.

Your stance is pure arrogance. And insulting to all Cowboy fans no matter where they live.
I’m curious how fans abandon their local or regional team. It’s not a common occurrence. At least not here.

Are you from this area or parents, family from here?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Notice how it's the Dak haters who listen to Cowturd?

Then they come on here and start a thread showing video of this turd berating our Cowboys and Dak?

pitt33

Reaction score
I don’t get why most people rag on media like Cowherd. Yes he can flip flop from player to player and team to team but who doesn’t in that business? And let’s face it, he’s not stretching the truth here. Dallas stinks and is a rudderless ship. They stunk when Dak was playing. They have become league bottom feeders.

I believe the bottom line is this: The Dallas Cowboys won’t win jack **** until they fix that defense.

Reaction score
I’m curious how fans abandon their local or regional team. It’s not a common occurrence. At least not here.

Are you from this area or parents, family from here?
Nope.
First game I ever saw I was a child watching the Colts game winning FG and watching Bob Lilly throwing his helmet in frustration. Thought they got a raw deal when the DB (Renfro?) was ruled he touched the ball on their TD.

Next game I ever saw was the next year when they dominated the Dolphins. Only Super Bowls were shown up here in those days

Been a fan ever since. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. Actually I'm not.

The idea that only people who live in north Texas are allowed to cheer for the Cowboys is disgusting to me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don’t get why most people rag on media like Cowherd. Yes he can flip flop from player to player and team to team but who doesn’t in that business? And let’s face it, he’s not stretching the truth here. Dallas stinks and is a rudderless ship. They stunk with

I’ve got news for you boys. The Dallas Cowboys won’t win jack **** until they fix that defense.
Right. He was supporting us last year. He flips with the wind following the current trend. No news here.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
We didn't just become has-beens, we have been that for 20 years.

It just gets more noticable each year.

ESisback

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're one of those fans who gets excited when Forbes does their most valuable franchise list, too.

The Cowboys still get a lot of attention for reasons that have nothing to do with accomplishments on the field.

It's 2020. 1995 was a generation ago.

Think I don’t know what year it is? 25 years ago I was out of college 14 years and married for 9. Are you mad that the Cowboys get attention?

I’m guessing you’re the type of fan that was ******** yellow years after I started watching the Cowboys, and you feel threatened or inadequate because your favorite football team hasn’t done anything you can brag about at the water cooler. Yeah, it’s been a long time, but history’s still history, and we STILL have a legacy unmatched by the majority of the league, AND the largest fanbase.

I don’t feel inferior to ANYONE, and I won’t apologize.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope.
First game I ever saw I was a child watching the Colts game winning FG and watching Bob Lilly throwing his helmet in frustration. Thought they got a raw deal when the DB (Renfro?) was ruled he touched the ball on their TD.

Next game I ever saw was the next year when they dominated the Dolphins.

Been a fan ever since. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that. Actually I'm not.

The idea that only people who live in north Texas are allowed to cheer for the Cowboys is disgusting to me.
Franchises depend on their local base to support them financially unless the rest of the country is flying in for the games. It goes against all of the normal protocols not supporting your local or regional teams.

Most fans either abort their local team cause they suk or hop on another team cause they were great.

The Cowboys popularity and greatness in their glory years attracted fans from all over. Some of which are great fans. I’ve met many of them in my travels on the road to Cowboy games. And they all admit why they hopped on the wagon. Others are much like the fans who have hopped on the Yankees or Lakers for example over the years.

But there’s often a different mentality or attitude born into the fandom than an adopted fan. Americas Team label is worst thing that ever happened to our franchise. Landry was right!!

Last edited: