Video: Cowherd: The Dallas Cowboys have become "has-beens"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas is no irrelevant that he can't stop making these opinion pieces......

Want to play a great drinking game? Do a shot every time he mentions Russell Wilson. You'll be hammered inside 25 minutes.

ICP

Reaction score
As a franchise I think they've been 'has-beens' for quite awhile honestly. I mean when was the last time Dallas had a stretch of 3-4 years in a row where they were really good? Heck, it's hard to point out even two years in a row. Especially when you can't point to a single Divisional or League Championship playoff appearance or win.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"People keep talking about the Cowboys so they're still relevant."

Does that do something for you? I've seen that sentiment more than once and it does nothing for me. I don't care if media talk about the Cowboys.

I want to see them be legitimate contenders again. Something they haven't been for 25 years, despite occasional delusions to the contrary.

ESisback

Reaction score
We all want them to be legit contenders. Personally, I use the relevance stuff and America’s Team label to annoy the haters!✊

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When a team has been mediocre for the last 25 years, "has been" seems a fair label to me. Contenders, they're not.:thumbup:

Last edited:

J817

Reaction score
Last time I checked it was a free country. People can cheer for whoever they want. Even in Canada where I live.

Your stance is pure arrogance. And insulting to all Cowboy fans no matter where they live.

I understand your objection to his post, but be honest I never really understood the whole root for the team outside the region your from thing, but that’s just me. I root for the Cowboys simply because the city of Dallas is in the name. No other reason. I hate Jerry Jones. There isn’t a player on the currant team I really like. I think Deion was the only player that I was really a “fan” of growing up (I love the big egos that can back it up). When he was on the team of course. Saying that, to each his own. Who cares right? It’s not my thing. Who cares what someone else’s thing is?

The one thing I really really don’t understand is why are so called Cowboy fans policing other fans on what being a “fan” means? On this board especially. It’s getting very annoying. Really, who gives a damn how or why a person is rooting for a team? Why is this even topics of discussion? Who cares if you would rather the Cowboys tank then win meaningless games. Who cares if you would rather they win. Who cares a guy from Georgia is rooting for the Cowboys. If after 25 years someone is still considering the Cowboys as their favorite team, it eliminates them from being a bandwagon fan. There are no Dallas Cowboy bandwagon fans. They haven’t existed in 10 years (probably more).

Last edited: