Crayton sticks it to Brad Johnson on his arm strength

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
juckie;2170453 said:
Last time I check ole man noodle arm has a ring.

So does Trent Dilfer. That doesn't mean I think he would be a great option either.

I actually read a quote from Wade Phillips in an article where he used this to legitimize Brad Johnson's continued existence on the roster.

How many years ago did he get this ring?

I can appreciate he is a savvy veteran who knows what to do with the football. But his body and more specifically arm strength is the concern. Mentally, he is exactly what you want in a backup.

This is just like living with the same sort of fear I had when Wade Wilson was our primary backup. You are just flirting with disaster because physically he just isn't capable.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Alexander;2170491 said:
This is just like living with the same sort of fear I had when Wade Wilson was our primary backup. You are just flirting with disaster because physically he just isn't capable.

:bow:

Yes, I think we is all in agreement that we flirts with disaster by having Brad be No. 2.
Jerra doesn't have viable options right now and I can't criticize him, but still it is our weak link.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2170523 said:
:bow:

Yes, I think we is all in agreement that we flirts with disaster by having Brad be No. 2.
Jerra doesn't have viable options right now and I can't criticize him, but still it is our weak link.

Hmm...I am surely impressed with how all you "football experts" know more about Johnson's abilities than the Cowboys' coaching staff does.
If Wade had half of the football knowledge you guys do, he would march right over to Jerry and demand Brad be cut today:rolleyes:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think it was even meant as a knock on his arm, earlier today andre gurode was on talking about the differences between Romo and Johnson. He said romo will dance around and make some things happen, but brad will see something and go there with the ball, if he doesn't have anything then he will get rid of the ball and not make mistakes.

I take "check down johnson" more as his being cautious than limp armed.

Aven8

Reaction score
I remember back in the day when we played against Brad how hard it was to sack him. He use to get rid of the ball so quick (it use to frustrate the heck out of me!) Also, so what about the short passes. Eli won a SB last year playing that game!!

PS Simms sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2170314 said:
A buddy passed this along to me.

It was a quote from Patrick "Mr. Route" Crayton about Brad Johnson's lack of arm strength.

"We call him check-down Johnson."

Ha-Ha. Funny.

OK, I'm among those who wish Brad J were playing out his golden years somewhere else. I'm among those wishing that Simms could get a tryout here. I'm among those who think our lack of depth in QB is a weak link (aside from Mr. Marshmallow Wade Phillips).

But something seems odd about Crayton making fun of another teammate's abilities, because Crayton still has not shown a consistency that is needed by a No. 2 WR. And I cannot forgive him for giving up on that route last season. And for having a Reggie Swinton mouth without the attendant skills.

Anybody have a nickname for Crayton?
He needs to be knocked down a notch, iffin you ask me.

This is football players clowning around, stop trying to start sh1t.. Get of PC back, it's getting real old... Move on already!!!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EPL0c0;2170434 said:
pot...kettle... What's that saying about he who is without sin... Crayton needs to prove he's something more than a #3 WR before he starts chucking criticism

One of these days, it'd be great to hear why it is a player should have to meet a fan's arbitrary performance standards before having an opinion or making a joke. I find this expectation befuddling when it's in reference to remarks made to the media. When it's applied to hearsay, all I can do is shake my head.

For example. If I were to say "my buddy heard that EPL0c0 said that Hos is a CHOAD" would everybody start telling EPL0c0 to shut up and deliver some quality posts before chucking choad references around? Would they then start saying that Hos is a CHOAD? I don't think they would. I think they'd just assume that the my comments were just stupid and go on about their day. But maybe that's just me.

juck

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2170649 said:
Hmm...I am surely impressed with how all you "football experts" know more about Johnson's abilities than the Cowboys' coaching staff does.
If Wade had half of the football knowledge you guys do, he would march right over to Jerry and demand Brad be cut today:rolleyes:

Amen.:bow:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;2171094 said:
One of these days, it'd be great to hear why it is a player should have to meet a fan's arbitrary performance standards before having an opinion or making a joke. I find this expectation befuddling when it's in reference to remarks made to the media. When it's applied to hearsay, all I can do is shake my head.

For example. If I were to say "my buddy heard that EPL0c0 said that Hos is a CHOAD" would everybody start telling EPL0c0 to shut up and deliver some quality posts before chucking choad references around? Would they then start saying that Hos is a CHOAD? I don't think they would. I think they'd just assume that the my comments were just stupid and go on about their day. But maybe that's just me.

resisting urge to call hostile a choad....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
stealth;2170817 said:
I don't think it was even meant as a knock on his arm, earlier today andre gurode was on talking about the differences between Romo and Johnson. He said romo will dance around and make some things happen, but brad will see something and go there with the ball, if he doesn't have anything then he will get rid of the ball and not make mistakes.

I take "check down johnson" more as his being cautious than limp armed.

A checkdown QB is a mentally sharp QB who avoids mistakes and takes what the defense gives.

That doesn't speak to his arm issues. But you can't pretend that it doesn't exist.

A great QB is going to be able to hit the big ones when they present themselves. I don't have much confidence Johnson could consistently.

A few underthrown wide-open seam routes might change some minds. Hopefully we never have to see that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We know Brad is a smart QB. We know he doesn't have the arm to throw it 50 yds down the field. Hopefully he has enough in the tank to manage a very talented team. Name one backup QB who doesn't bring a negative balance to the team in comparison to the starter.

As I said. He ain't Earl Morrall.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2171124 said:
What is a choad?

A choad is any object that's wider than it is long. Hos was used purely for example purposes.