Crayton Will Be Key Tonight

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
stasheroo;2258385 said:
I think it comes down to the play of the offensive line. If they play to their ability, I think they should dominate the Eagles defensive line. That would allow the Cowboys to utilize all of their weapons.

I expect Crayton to be little factor given the quality of the Eagles' cornerbacks.

Crayton usually makes a bigger impact against teams with lesser corners. I don't expect him to have a big night against Samuel, Brown, or Sheppard.

Does anyone know if Brown has been ruled out of tonights game or not? Or is he still a game time decision (Hamstring)?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DR.WARE;2258316 said:
the key will be the OL protecting romo and i think the defense has to play real big tonight

Actually, it'll be our backs and TEs who'll have to step up in protection. I imagine they'll go after Procter, too, but by all accounts his issues are more physical than mental.

One or two big plays to outlet receivers early should settle them down, and if we can run on them early, so much the better.

If we sustain drives against that small front, we should be able to grind them out effectively later in the game. Especially if we can effectively keep their offense from converting on us and rolling up significant long drives.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I wonder if the coaching staff ran some plays during practice this week with Tashard and Felix going up against Ware or Ellis to help prepare them for Philly's pass rush??

Reaction score
My cowboys and my fantasy team sure hope that he will!

Crayton looks like he came to give it all this season forreal, Im sure hes his biggest critic when it comes to effort in last years playoff game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Real1st;2258201 said:
Naw.

Barber and Felix will be the key.

I actually agree with this to some degree. I do believe Crayton is going to be a key part of it for us but I think Barber and Felix are going to play a larger role, especially Felix in some dump off situations against their blitzes.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
khiladi;2258264 said:
It's all about you isn't it... Selfish....
hey im with him i hope crayton is huge because my fantasy team is down 1 and my opponent has T.O. i have Barber and Folk so idk its gonna be close i hope its crayton and barber instead of T.O gettin the TD's lol with Folk racking up those extra points!

parchy

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2258198 said:
I hope so......

He is on my fantasy team and I am down by 7....

He's on mine too, and I'm down by five. It's down to Crayton vs. Westbrook.

Pray for me, because it's not looking good.

Reaction score
parchy;2258493 said:
He's on mine too, and I'm down by five. It's down to Crayton vs. Westbrook.

Pray for me, because it's not looking good.

I have Crayton , Folk and the Barbarian.....

Against TO and Dallas D..... down by 7.....

I hope the boys smoke those duds.... and Ill hope for alot of goaline runs:)

Nexx

Reaction score
i cant believe im actually excited about austin returning to the lineup. i hope crayton steps up like he has before.

Reaction score
Nexx;2258504 said:
i cant believe im actually excited about austin returning to the lineup. i hope crayton steps up like he has before.

When you have an all pro pass catching TE.... a 3rd WR shouldn't excite you...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Everson24;2258184 said:
Patrick Crayton will be the key to our passing offense tonight. The Eagles will double TO with Asante Samuel and Dawkins or Mikell. The safety that is not responsible for deep coverage on TO will be focused on Witten.

This leaves Crayton as the reciever with single coverage. He has to be able to beat Sheldon Brown in one on one matchups especially on 3rd downs for us to win this game.

Go Crayton!

I think the entire team coming out ready to play is the key tonight. I expect Crayton to do his job but as coaches love to say it all starts at the line of scrimmage both offensively and defensively with those battles and it you have a great chance at winning.

Nexx

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2258509 said:

well.. just about anything with more speed than crayton excites me. :laugh2:

Reaction score
Nexx;2258518 said:
well.. just about anything with more speed than crayton excites me. :laugh2:

Word......Thats probably every WR on the roster and practice squad....

My money would be on Amendola in a race with PC.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2258198 said:
I hope so......

He is on my fantasy team and I am down by 7....

I'm down by 12 but I got him and witten:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I really don't care how fast Crayton is, as long as he is out making plays that is what matters. You don't get any extra points by getting to the goal line faster. Crayton did a good job last week and I expect him to go out and do his job tonight.

FCBarca

Reaction score
My concerns for the game:

Westbrook - Cowboy killer #1...Particularly as a receiver...He seems to always finds holes in the defense and makes us pay...Plus, they seem to have better targets at receiver to keep the secondary busy and perhaps make it even easier for him to slip open...Will there be a spy on Westbrook? :confused:

Pass Rush - Will they apply enough pressure on McNabb and not let him sit back there all day?

Non T.O. receivers - TO will be the focus for the Eagles D, so everyone else will have to step up...Witten typically thrives which makes me believe he will get a lot of attention tonight...By default, that means Crayton will need to be on his game....Hope to see Barber and/or Felix being used outta the backfield ala Westbrook too

X-Factor - Special teams and/or Desean Jackson...He's an unknown but he's got great speed...Our ST has been lousy and Philly has been doing well...Moreover, how will Jackson do in stretching the field as a receiver?

BTW, caught this from a Philly paper regarding an Eagles fan getting arrested...for SMOKING on the plane :laugh2:

An extra ticket might be available for tonight's game because a passenger on US Airways Flight 1273 this afternoon couldn't control his nicotine urge. The passenger, an Eagles fan flying from Philadelphia International to Dallas-Fort Worth, disregarded the pre-flight warning about smoking and lit up in the lavatory.

Yes, of course, he got caught and was told by flight attendants that he was to remain on the airplane and that he'd be arrested when it landed. While everyone else deplaned -- deplaned, what a word -- the smoking Eagles fan remained behind.

According to federal law, a person can be fined up to $3,300 for smoking in airplane lavatory. It's a big game between the Eagles and Dallas Cowboys tomorrow night, but the passenger probably can't get that much for his ticket.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
FCBarca;2258642 said:

Westbrook - Cowboy killer #1...Particularly as a receiver...He seems to always finds holes in the defense and makes us pay...Plus, they seem to have better targets at receiver to keep the secondary busy and perhaps make it even easier for him to slip open...Will there be a spy on Westbrook? :confused:

Pass Rush - Will they apply enough pressure on McNabb and not let him sit back there all day?

Non T.O. receivers - TO will be the focus for the Eagles D, so everyone else will have to step up...Witten typically thrives which makes me believe he will get a lot of attention tonight...By default, that means Crayton will need to be on his game....Hope to see Barber and/or Felix being used outta the backfield ala Westbrook too

X-Factor - Special teams and/or Desean Jackson...He's an unknown but he's got great speed...Our ST has been lousy and Philly has been doing well...Moreover, how will Jackson do in stretching the field as a receiver?

BTW, caught this from a Philly paper regarding an Eagles fan getting arrested...for SMOKING on the plane :laugh2:

You gotta love iggles fans!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;2258642 said:

Westbrook - Cowboy killer #1...Particularly as a receiver...He seems to always finds holes in the defense and makes us pay...Plus, they seem to have better targets at receiver to keep the secondary busy and perhaps make it even easier for him to slip open...Will there be a spy on Westbrook?

I think Zach Thomas should help out in that department

I would send six guys early just to ensure a 'hit' on McNabb. He's far less effective when he knows the pass rush can and will get to him.

Felix Jones may prove to be a weapon against the Eagles' blitzes tonight. In fact, I'm expecting to see the two back set we've heard so much about unveiled tonight for that very reason.

As much as he may be a factor for Philadelphia, Pacman Jones could very well be that same X-Factor for the Cowboys - both in covering Jackson and on special teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2258509 said:

If Austin gets a long ball for a TD, it'll be a long night for the Eagles...