Crayton

Doomsday101

Reaction score
smarta5150;1760672 said:
That game was chippy all day.

Burnett's taunting, Strahan was in someone's face after EVERY play and Crayton was just doing his fair share.

This was a bitter diviosnal rival game with a lot riding on the line... you have to expect things like this to take place, espicially in a hostile environment with lots of pre-game talk by the Giants.

If this happened after we were lighting up the Dolphins or the Rams then get upset.

But this was the Giants, there is plenty of history between us which will result in these type of games from here on out.

I agree. This team has been accused many times in the past of not playing with emotions they came out and matched the emotions of the Giants and their fans they weathered the storm of the 1st half and shut the Giants down in the 2nd half holding them to 3 points. Yes we had some guys go over the line and allowed themselves to be baited by Giant players on some un-sportsman’s penalties and we have to do better but I was proud how the team came out and played like they did in this environment.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1760696 said:
I agree. This team has been accused many times in the past of not playing with emotions they came out and matched the emotions of the Giants and their fans they weathered the storm of the 1st half and shut the Giants down in the 2nd half holding them to 3 points. Yes we had some guys go over the line and allowed themselves to be baited by Giant players on some un-sportsman’s penalties and we have to do better but I was proud how the team came out and played like they did in this environment.
that's fine...but we have to start carrying ourselves like champions if you want to be a champion...don't GIVE the opposition points with stupidity! If you get called for a facemask or a holding...those are effort plays. But in Burnetts case, THE PLAY IS OVER...the HALF SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER. You cannot let that slide and chalk it up to an "emotional atmoshphere" Or you CAN let it slide and be sitting home this summer when someone picks the wrong time to let their emotions get the best of them and cost us the ultimate prize. Which way do you want it?

superpunk

Reaction score
I hated what he did, but I can't blame him for doing it.

This collection of Giants a-holes is making a run for most hated team, whereas before I couldn't care less about that irrelevent squad in New Jersey. But those imbeciles ran their yaps all week long, and almost deserved it.

It was a bush-league move, but I understand why he did it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;1760710 said:
that's fine...but we have to start carrying ourselves like champions if you want to be a champion...don't GIVE the opposition points with stupidity! If you get called for a facemask or a holding...those are effort plays. But in Burnetts case, THE PLAY IS OVER...the HALF SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER. You cannot let that slide and chalk it up to an "emotional atmoshphere" Or you CAN let it slide and be sitting home this summer when someone picks the wrong time to let their emotions get the best of them and cost us the ultimate prize. Which way do you want it?

Jimmy's team were nailed for things like that as well in the past. I have no problem with people calling it what it was a bonehead mistakes but this team had to go out there and fight and that is what they did in a very hostile place. As for Burnett other than that 1 stupid play he had a good game. I'm not going to over react to this 1 incident he made a mistake and he knows it

alancdc

Reaction score
superpunk;1760712 said:
I hated what he did, but I can't blame him for doing it.

This collection of Giants a-holes is making a run for most hated team, whereas before I couldn't care less about that irrelevent squad in New Jersey. But those imbeciles ran their yaps all week long, and almost deserved it.

It was a bush-league move, but I understand why he did it.

I agree. I didn't like what he said after the game worse than the TD. Pretty stupid and juvenile.

khiladi

Reaction score
Crayton stepped up big-time, and was crucial in the first-half to maintain balance offensively. After that drive before the half, it became clear that Dallas was going to click. That drive was a thing of beauty. The very next series, they moved the ball at will. Give props to Crayton....

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I have no problem with anything Crayton done or said, he had some huge catches against a division rival and on the TD he strolled in. it wasn't something stupid with players around him, he was in the open with no Giants player within 10 feet of him so it wasn't even close to being risky. his comments after the game were funny I thought, Giants had been saying all week that they were better, we were over-rated, they were gonna leave their stamp on the NFl....to me Crayton's comments were just another way of saying that we went into their house and showed them who was the boss of the NFC - I thought it was funny but also true.

I do have a problem with the taunting penalty though, that was complete stupidity. they stopped a guy on the run right before half time, we would have went in with the momentum, the lead and in control of the entire game - why even think about trash talking to that extent? a few words here and there are fine but don't stand over someone and put the team in trouble.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah...just a couple of weeks ago a small contingent of fans were ready to bury this guy.

You wanna stop Witten...Terrell Owens will hurt you.

You wanna stop Witten and Terrell Owens, Crayton will pick up the slack.

This team is extremely difficult to stop.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get to meet the G-Men again in the playoffs.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1760621 said:
I hope coach Sherman has a sit-down with Crayton and explains that he needs to protect the ball better. At the tail end of the TD, he was dangling the ball out with one hand like he does because he knew he was gonna do his showboat style TD. True, there wasn't a Giant within 10 yards, but still, his carelessness with the ball could cost us at some point.

I agree. I'm always worried about Crayton after the catch. I hate the way he sometimes dangles the ball with one hand. He did a good job yesterday in the middle, but when he's trying to make a move on the outside, it looks so dangerous.

dguinta1

Reaction score
I am not a fan of those comments especially from a non-super star type player. The best in the league can say stupid things like that though they shouldn't.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree....I had really hoped that we'd see Crayton step up today as it was clear the Giants were going to try and remove Witten from the equation...He'd have no excuses if he failed, but he came up with some nice plays.

The TD in the first half with the ball being set down was a bit weak, IMHO...Fortunately, Hurd was there just in case but that kinda showboating isn't my thing.

The comments after the game were still bush league, regardless of Jacobs' mouth etc...You don't come back after someone else's antics to create some of your own...Character is maintaining poise even when others are not...Nothing to be proud of, IMHO.

links18

Reaction score
I wonder if Crayton's agent is telling him to run his mouth so he can get some attention around the league in a contract year? He came to play, no problem at all with his game, but his antics on the TD were just plain indefensively stupid and his comments after the game were even worse. If we lose a home game this year, get ready to see the opposing team imitating a dog taking a leak on Texas Stadium.....

alancdc

Reaction score
links18;1760996 said:
I wonder if Crayton's agent is telling him to run his mouth so he can get some attention around the league in a contract year? He came to play, no problem at all with his game, but his antics on the TD were just plain indefensively stupid and his comments after the game were even worse. If we lose a home game this year, get ready to see the opposing team imitating a dog taking a leak on Texas Stadium.....

Exactly what I was thinking.