CFZ Crazy recent history: a lack of back to back success

blueblood70

Reaction score
What is the only thing common among those trends?

you can keep trying to blame the jonses for players failing on the field and coaches failing to get them ready or make adjustments ??

sorry that not what we saw on the field. the bad bounces, calls penalties is not on the Jones family.. as matter of fact they got rid of many of the players who were issues the last few seasons with mistakes in big games..this place was upset over those moves..hmm id say your answer are fans .. fans remain consistently poor in creating narratives to blame runs of bad luck some injuries and others just a player or two wrecking a game. I mean 16/17 was ruined over the zeke suspension IMHO..2014/15 was romo injured in 15. 18/19 no explanation i can remember and thats why Garett was finally let go.. 2020 full of injuries o r i believe we have a better finish to that season. So here we are easy to see if healthy; we can buck this trend IMO

Crayton, Conner Willims, and the OL 10 penalties, Murray's fumble, missed Fgs by baily. dez no catch calls, etc etc hardly blame the Jonses

you can go back to many of those seasons where the b2b was missed and many were injuries or players making mistakes at critical times in the bigger games..it happens. So why has no one else done it in the east going back that far?? do the jones family ruin those teams as well??

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you can keep trying to blame the jonses for players failing on the field and coaches failing to get them ready or make adjustments ??

sorry that not what we saw on the field. the bad bounces, calls penalties is not on the Jones family.. as matter of fact they got rid of many of the players who were issues the last few seasons with mistakes in big games..this place was upset over those moves..hmm id say your answer are fans .. fans remain consistently poor in creating narratives to blame runs of bad luck some injuries and others just a player or two wrecking a game. I mean 16/17 was ruined over the zeke suspension IMHO..2014/15 was romo injured in 15. 18/19 no explanation i can remember and thats why Garett was finally let go.. 2020 full of injuries o r i believe we have a better finish to that season. So here we are easy to see if healthy; we can buck this trend IMO

Crayton, Conner Willims, and the OL 10 penalties, Murray's fumble, missed Fgs by baily. dez no catch calls, etc etc hardly blame the Jonses

you can go back to many of those seasons where the b2b was missed and many were injuries or players making mistakes at critical times in the bigger games..it happens. So why has no one else done it in the east going back that far?? do the jones family ruin those teams as well??
Who creates and is responsible for the culture of this team?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oh yeah, a lot of us have known about it for a while.

If McCarthy doesn't win at least two playoff games in 2022 he's out.

He may well be, but we've seen a half dozen head coaching changes since that last happened. The same guy making a seventh one doesn't seem like a solution.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team is what it is as long as the Jones's own the team.
I've come to accept that.
The buck stops there more than it does on the field,
Truth. It stops on the field often enough, but not as much as the FO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Truth. It stops on the field often enough, but not as much as the FO.
So why has no one else done it in the east going back that far?? do the jones family ruin those teams as well??

i mean all those teams seem to have the FO blueprint from owner down constantly firing gms and coaches and making all the FAS moves this place covets.

and yet they have not gone B2b in about the same time period, correct.

explain.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Get your tomatoes ready.

If Jalen Hurts is legit the Eagles will win the division the next two years and finally snap that streak.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh yeah, a lot of us have known about it for a while.

If McCarthy doesn't win at least two playoff games in 2022 he's out.

We simply don't build teams for the playoffs and it blows my mind. It looks like this draft was geared towards selecting players with more of a winning / aggressive attitude. The toxic complacency culture that has carried over from players like Jason Witten and DeMarcus Ware is obviously still here. Romo also shares the blame.
That toxic complacency culture is created by Jerry Jones, who insists on going on the radio and pumping sunshine on his product despite mediocre results.

Rewarding mediocrity ensures much more of it, and Jerry will never see the conflict in the way he goes about his business as well as in the roles he insists on playing.

There's nothing to gain by his constant yapping, and way too often does it send the wrong message.

Just shut up! But they won't do it. Jerry is only here because he wants to be a celebrity.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Inconsistent coaching has led to inconsistent teams. The Cowboys have had four different head coaches the past 15 years.

J_Allen

Reaction score
That toxic complacency culture is created by Jerry Jones, who insists on going on the radio and pumping sunshine on his product despite mediocre results.

Rewarding mediocrity ensures much more of it, and Jerry will never see the conflict in the way he goes about his business as well as in the roles he insists on playing.

There's nothing to gain by his constant yapping, and way too often does it send the wrong message.

Just shut up! But they won't do it. Jerry is only here because he wants to be a celebrity.

We're all tired of it and I think he knows it. I used to troll their Facebook page with a great post from here entitled "this is not my team anymore." I did it for about a week. Well, somehow my account was suspended for 30 days because someone did some digging, I'm talking about some serious digging, and found a joke I made that involved the Russians coming over and bombing a cell phone store.

You will not convince me that it wasn't someone who runs the Cowboys Facebook page. Well, in less than 20 hours guess what, I'm about to start back again.

Inconsistent coaching has led to inconsistent teams. The Cowboys have had four different head coaches the past 15 years.

The problem is they're all puppets and the players know they don't have to answer to them. They answer to Jerry. And Jerry says everything is fine.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Get your tomatoes ready.

If Jalen Hurts is legit the Eagles will win the division the next two years and finally snap that streak.
io would give you a lifetime ban from this place if i was a mod for that statement alone. friggin eagles' fans in here..first its wentz man crush and now this..