Crazy stupid draft idea

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The worst team picks 2nd and so on, until 32. The #1 pick automatically goes to the SB Champs.....imagine how much more competitive the playoffs would become.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The worst team picks 2nd and so on, until 32. The #1 pick automatically goes to the SB Champs.....imagine how much more competitive the playoffs would become.
Wouldn't help us any.

cowboyec

Reaction score
not enuff.
success should be rewarded...not failure.
worst team picks last.
super bowl champ 1st.
draft order...in the order of success.
champ...1st
runner-up....2nd
and so on.
teams that finish at the bottom...pick at the bottom.

kskboys

Reaction score
What you guys are missing is that if you put all the good players on one or two teams, the league would eventually fold. Need people to watch the 2-14 teams also to keep the money flowin' in.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
SO you’re saying to make the playoffs more competitive we should give the patriots Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Saquon Barkley, Julio Jones, Lane Johnson, and Khalil Mack?

Such an interesting concept, tell me more.

timb2

Reaction score
I would like to see the Pro Bowl be competitive. I say the winning team spilts 10 million for the winning team and the loser gets nothing. Also just have the NFC vs AFC. This crap of Deion Sanders's team vs Marshall Falk's team is pathetic.Like I really care if Deion's team can beat Marshall's.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What you guys are missing is that if you put all the good players on one or two teams, the league would eventually fold. Need people to watch the 2-14 teams also to keep the money flowin' in.

They should give the team that makes the most money the top pick and go from there.

If the NFL wants to make the most money they should want the best money making teams to be in the playoffs/Super-Bowl.

Prime21

Reaction score
Get rid of the draft. Let rookies come into the league as FAs. Let them choose where they live, their coach, scheme, fit.

Stop letting crap franchises destroy the careers of elite college prospects.

Rookie Free Agent Frenzy!!!

cowboyec

Reaction score
I agree with Tex Schramm....parity is just another form of communisim.
I say.....reward success...not failure.
:starspin:MERICA!:starspin:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I agree with Tex Schramm....parity is just another form of communisim.
I say.....reward success...not failure.
The draft itself is a form of communism. So is the salary cap. You want a free market system? Easy: abolish those two things. Any player can sign with any team for whatever they can negotiate.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The draft itself is a form of communism. So is the salary cap. You want a free market system? Easy: abolish those two things. Any player can sign with any team for whatever they can negotiate.
AMEN!
MERICA!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This makes no sense. Nobody is out there tanking the playoffs. They're all fighting tooth and nail. What they need to do is institute the new lottery system the NBA is going to. Even tanking won't guarantee you the top pick.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

If it was communism, the commish or supreme power would be determining where players signed etc.

CPanther95

Reaction score

I wouldn't call it communism, but it certainly violates just about every one of our federal anti-trust laws and the draft is textbook example of illegal collusion.

... but they are exempt - by order of Congress.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
If it was communism, the commish or supreme power would be determining where players signed etc.
What do you think the draft is?
I wouldn't call it communism, but it certainly violates just about every one of our federal anti-trust laws and the draft is textbook example of illegal collusion.

... but they are exempt - by order of Congress.
This is a common misconception. MLB is the only sports league with a blanket anti-trust exemption, dating back to a Supreme Court decision in the '20s. In later cases, the Supreme Court declined to extend such an exemption to the other major sports leagues. Congress has given the NFL a limited anti-trust exemption, but only when it comes to negotiating TV rights, not with regard to labor relations.

The reason the draft is legal is that it is negotiated as part of a collective bargaining agreement between the league and the union. Collective bargaining agreements are allowed to include provisions that would be anti-trust violations if ownership tried to impose them unilaterally. But if the NFLPA wanted to abolish the draft (or the salary cap, for that matter), they could decline to agree to it as part of the next CBA. And there would be war.