Creepy culture, crappy play

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I care. Can’t lie that I don’t. Been a Cowboys fan since I was a wee seven year old lad watching “The Catch” on TV and crying when they lost well before JJ owned the team.

I look forward to almost every year. I’m a man of hope no matter how false it is. I’ve just lowered my expectations down to zero.

Don’t think we’ll ever win anything with Dak or JJ.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have said the same thing for 25 years +, yet here I am...blind faith, or a distraction from life? Not sure what keeps me coming back for more pain

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is a big part of why I stay away these days. I’m largely done with this franchise. Barely care anymore.

The Cowboys collapsed yet again, and before they’ve even sorted through the rubble, the offseason is cascading further into a dysfunctional and cultural abyss.

Redundant failures now complicated by creepy voyeurism just smell of Jerry and his decrepit shadow, which now represents a longer history than the classy years that preceded him. We’ve now dealt with his drivel for 33 years, and it’s only getting worse with no Jimmy to be considered again to save it. Too much Jerry in bathroom stalls instead of the background.

The NFL isn’t about to investigate their love-‘em, hate-‘em ratings king, but Congress might, and either way the the Cowboys will be the butt of another gauntlet of humiliation. Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Epstein, and Bill Cosby have nothing on this crap show. The Star is what an asylum look like at night when the light are off.

Then there’s the football side, which once again glorified September statistics and pretended to be a team that mattered. In the end, outside of the worst division in football, the Cowboys proved to be a wannabe’s wannabe, farting and falling down in the last half of the season when the real games were played.

The 49ers called the Cowboys wussies, then went out and skulled them with a laugh. Called their damn shot right in Dallas’ back yard. Predictable and sad.

Dak Prescott proved he’s a nobody yet again, totally lost after the Denver game. He’s 6 years in now, and it’s not going to get any better than what you see. That’s it. He gets all the money, though he’s a glorified Ryan Tannehill. Enjoy those 4-TD games against 4-win teams, I guess.

Zeke’s tread is somewhere along the highway, and the receivers might as well be window mannequins because they aren’t in Dak’s line of sight. The offensive line continues to struggle and take the blame even though the other team knows they only have to account for about 15 yards of the field.

Defensively, they pulled some tricks, but against legit teams, it looked all the same. Micah and his fighting band of overrated misfits.

It’s not changing until somebody takes the team away from Jerry. We know that, so I guess we root for Congress to find far more than what we even know so far. Ain't much of a chance of that happening, but I'm grasping at straws here.

LOL, the Cowboys are suffering bad PR because of their PR guy. Doesn’t that just sum the Cowboys up right there?

This. Is. What. They. Are.

Which. Is. Why. I. Don't. Care. Anymore.
:hammer:....Jerry should do everyone a favor and just sell the team. But instead he's gonna try and take it to the grave with him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know what he means, though, as I'm sure you do as well. We grew up watching a team who competed for titles, won some, and exhibited class with Landry - not the owner - being the face of the franchise. It started that way with Jimmy but Jerry's ego couldn't handle it, so he made it all about himself and his kids.

So now I'm following this team for the sideshow - not expecting to actually see them win a SB (in the years they even make the playoffs) - and laughing every time I see Jerry doing another dumbfounded interview after a playoff loss. He just comes off as an old fool, completely deluded in the strength of his team while undermining whatever chump head coach (who no one else wants) he's currently paying to eventually be his next scapegoat.

How anyone could watch what we've seen since the mid-90s and still think the old coot and his son are going to get it right someday I'll never know.
Sums it up pretty well.
Really hard for us old timers
Because we have seen better.
Much, much better.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hard to believe that a GM of over 30 years.
Has grossly overpaid a RB, ridiculously overpaid a QB and hired a total fraud of a HC all in the last 5 years.
Yet I'm determined to outlast the babbling drunk.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm void of emotion with this franchise at this point. I don't get excited when they win, I don't get mad when they lose, they've sucked the fun out of it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s an old saying…the fastest way to find cockroaches is turn on all the lights. Here’s hoping more light is shed on this disgusting situation by those in some kind of authority.

The Jones’ have once again proven that wealth does not inherently bring respect or character with it. What a sad decline in class this once proud franchise has experienced the last 3 decades.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
upset?? go away ,be gone its choice to root for sprots team no one's forcing anyone into doing anything yet they come and whine all day everyday. Just quit BYE be gone

tired of hearing the fans who are over it..why wait this loing ..should have left decades a go..
no one owes anyone anything.
We have an excellent opinion forum here for all Cowboys fans. Erod or any Cowboys fan here can express their frustrations to whatever degree they feel. As long as we are respectful of those opinions we agree or disagree with, it’s all good.

Blue, you have the right to say you disagree with anyone’s opinions here. In fact, please do state how and why you disagree. That’s exactly what makes this place great. Different opinions.

Consider this a reminder that you can disagree without telling people to go away. You can disagree by stating what you disagree with. Telling people to “be gone” and “should have left decades ago” is pushing into insults not disagreement.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I guess after we were flat out spoiled in the '70s now it's time to pay the piper.

At that time we were led by the greatest of American heroes .You could be proud of your team and it represented everything good in sports.

We should have known back then that great level of enjoyment was going to come at a steep price and we have been paying it for quite a few years now.

I wish I had the energy to get upset and care like I used to or even care that other people don't care but I just can't muster the ambition to worry about it.

I lowered my expectations to just making the playoffs a long time ago and that helped considerably but I will say I never thought I would be disgusted with a 12 and 5 season but somehow this team has made that happen.

As far as the off-field stuff it's just part of today's society every institution we were taught to believe in has become corrupt why should the cowboys be any different.

I do know that I'm not counting on Congress who couldn't find their behind with both hands to bring any justice to any situation

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have an excellent opinion forum here for all Cowboys fans. Erod or any Cowboys fan here can express their frustrations to whatever degree they feel. As long as we are respectful of those opinions we agree or disagree with, it’s all good.

Blue, you have the right to say you disagree with anyone’s opinions here. In fact, please do state how and why you disagree. That’s exactly what makes this place great. Different opinions.

Consider this a reminder that you can disagree without telling people to go away. You can disagree by stating what you disagree with. Telling people to “be gone” and “should have left decades ago” is pushing into insults not disagreement.
two faced Hypocrites the ones that yearly say they are done and gone yet here they are its waste of time to come out with tirade like that and then still here talking Cowboys but al to the negative. You are in or out , its one thing to state you are disappointed but to come in and say you are done as fan ill, real fan who would never disown this team, i take offense to the daily bashing and from fans who say they are no longer fans and come here to stir chit up..ill lash back, period, wont ever change. Ill stick up for this team like i would sibling who makes mistake and wouldn't allow them to be constantly put down and belittled.

IM not changing as die hard fan if fan writes a dear hon letter im holding them to it. BUH BYE delete your account and move on.. go follow a sport like tennis easier to put the blame on an individual player vs a team sport.

it is just sport and if as a person it disturbs you to point of an emotional breakdown, for your own health, please delete tour account and move into a healthier daily activity.:rolleyes:o_O:cool::popcorn::oldcouple:

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
two faced Hypocrites the ones that yearly say they are done and gone yet here they are its waste of time to come out with tirade like that and then still here talking Cowboys but al to the negative. You are in or out , its one thing to state you are disappointed but to come in and say you are done as fan ill, real fan who would never disown this team, i take offense to the daily bashing and from fans who say they are no longer fans and come here to stir chit up..ill lash back, period, wont ever change. Ill stick up for this team like i would sibling who makes mistake and wouldn't allow them to be constantly put down and belittled.

IM not changing as die hard fan if fan writes a dear hon letter im holding them to it. BUH BYE delete your account and move on.. go follow a sport like tennis easier to put the blame on an individual player vs a team sport.

it is just sport and of as person it disturbs you to point of an emotional breakdown, for your own health, please delete tour account and move into a healthier daily activity.:rolleyes:o_O:cool::popcorn::oldcouple:
He didn’t say he was totally done. He said he didn’t care anymore.

Like our very generous Mod suggested if you have an opinion to add or want to discuss other opinions then this is a site for you. But if you’re only interested in bashing other fans because they don’t agree or see it as you do then you’ve become the problem .

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
Franchise embraced a "good enough" philosophy. It shows year in and year out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither Jerry Jones nor none of his DNA brood will make me quit. I fell in love with this franchise long before his family took ownership.

All the frustration and anger makes perfect sense. CowboysZone is a good place to vent. However, I will be <expletive> if I ever allowed some hyper-rich Arkansas narcissist run me off.
OK, why'd you have to bring Arkansas into this?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys is tough. There is the lack of achievement on the field and always seems to be some mess off the field and the team has an owner than had made his ugly face the face of the franchise and he is forever spouting off about nothing at all. And it is not even worth trying to figure out what the old fool is trying to say.

However, this is where we come to vent, to express our frustrations and to even go as far to say I don't care or even I quit. But, we should not hold that against anyone and certainly shouldn't push back on them. Who knows the frustrations better than we do?

Here's an idea to explore. Instead of going on the attack for how a poster feels, why not explore why they feel that way and if we might help? I know it's not as much fun as hammering on someone who already is feeling a little punk.

And there is a huge difference between I don't care and I don't want to care. The best analogy I've seen on this is from a man's perspective but it works the other way as well. Being a fan of the Cowboys is like being in love with a cheating woman who does not love you back. You just can't help yourself, you can't stop loving her. There have only been thousands of songs written about that one subject.

The hardest part of being a fan is that there is no reward for it. The cold hard fact is that we care more about the team than the people who coach and play for it. We are the ones with the history. Been following this team for 61 years and an exclusive fan for 53 of those years. That is a lifetime of caring.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The local poll here in Dallas says it all in this love/ hate relationship .

The Cowboys remain the most beloved and popular sports franchise in DFW Metroplex while their owner is the most hated sports figure.