Cryptic references to Earl Thomas situation

erod

Reaction score
Twice now, I've heard local radio guys discussing Earl Thomas, and each said they'd be willing to talk to him and take a chance on signing him to help the defense.

However, both times they said they were also very weary of doing it because they know some things about the situation that they aren't able or willing to share about the back story going on with Thomas.

Does anyone know what that is about?

I'd like to take the chance on him, but not if it's really ugly stuff beyond what we currently know.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Twice now, I've heard local radio guys discussing Earl Thomas, and each said they'd be willing to talk to him and take a chance on signing him to help the defense.

However, both times they said they were also very weary of doing it because they know some things about the situation that they aren't able or willing to share about the back story going on with Thomas.

I'd like to take the chance on him, but not if it's really ugly stuff beyond what we currently know.
I love how they say "unwilling about the back story"....I'm guessing they don't know and just hear rumors. At the end of the day, his "back story" can't be worse than the Greg Hardy's of the world and the Cowboys signed him.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Maybe the wife and the gun thing?

erod

Reaction score
I love how they say "unwilling about the back story"....I'm guessing they don't know and just hear rumors. At the end of the day, his "back story" can't be worse than the Greg Hardy's of the world and the Cowboys signed him.
No, both mentions were from guys on the station that carries the Cowboys games.

My bet is they were told to keep their yappers shut.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Disgruntled in Seattle and giving your team bench the finger on national TV. Aloof with a bad attitude and attacking a teammate while in Baltimore and let’s also mention a bad husband.

Professional and personally he just seems to be a scumbag. I don’t personally know him but the optics are very bad!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's the combination of off-the-field issues AND locker room issues...just like Antonio Brown. Teams are willing to take a chance on players who have 1 of those issues but when a guy has BOTH? Plus, when you burn your bridges on a team coached by both Pete Carroll and Harbaugh (well-respected around the league), that's also a big red flag.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There is something to the situation we don't know but all teams do. I've heard it referenced several times but no one seems to have the details or is willing to share them. It could be details about one of the incidents, a whole new incident, or the fact teams know he will be facing punishment if he signs a deal. We will eventually find out what is going on.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The guys on the Ticket radio station here in Dallas have several times referred to problems he’s had with his wife threatening to kill him and his brother because of some weird love triangle. The police in Austin (where Thomas has lived in offseason) had been called on her and ET where gun play was involved.

Mental problems (he may or may not have) also have been mentioned. His behavior has been described as very erratic by teammates in Balt. I thought of CTE issues possible, but that’s just speculation. But the guys on the Ticket have said the whispers they hear from many are that he’s “not right”.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Ive heard Fish say this.

Is that who you are talking about

aria

Reaction score
Considering what Hardy did and Jerrah still signed him with only one other team being possibly interested, I cringe to think what we don’t know about ET.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guys on the Ticket radio station here in Dallas have several times referred to problems he’s had with his wife threatening to kill him and his brother because of some weird love triangle. The police in Austin (where Thomas has lived in offseason) had been called on her and ET where gun play was involved.

Mental problems (he may or may not have) also have been mentioned. His behavior has been described as very erratic by teammates in Balt. I thought of CTE issues possible, but that’s just speculation. But the guys on the Ticket have said the whispers they hear from many are that he’s “not right”.

I think that is as likely an explanation as I can think of. Maybe it's a mental health issue that can't be talked about openly because of some HIPAA rules that the league has? Just throwing that out there, because otherwise, I think it's reckless to just throw out rumors that could otherwise potentially ruin a guy's career without having to substantiate them.