CSN: Try to locate Dak Prescott and his identical twin brother Andy Dalton on this chart

dacoming

Reaction score
Dak has won 40 out of 64 games, plus a playoff game.

He’s played well in all 3 playoff games. The moment has never been too big for him.

It’s amazing to me that people think QBs like that grow on trees.

Yes, Dak will be expensive to sign. That’s the cost of having a good, veteran QB in 2020 and beyond. The alternative is to start from scratch and re-enter QB purgatory. The years between Aikman and Romo were pure misery. We got VERY LUCKY that the misery ended with an undrafted guy in Romo.

There are at least 20 starting QBs who aren’t as good as Dak. Why don’t those teams all just call 1-800-Quarterback and get their guy???
Same thing I used to say about Romo. People act like good QBs are dime a dozen. We had Tony Banks, Hutchinson, Leaf...it was depressing! Romo wasn't even drafted!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wanted Dallas to trade Romo! They didnt listen to me then and now the same mistake is about to made if they sign Dak. This will probably end with Dak costing McCarthy his job.
Nope. Seriously doubt it. There is a big reason Mike McCarthy took the job, and that reason is Dak. He's even said as much. Bill Belichick has also given great praise to Dak. You're going to tell me both of those coaches don't know what they are talking about concerning Dak?

phildadon86

Reaction score
And Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson won a Superbowl.. Their skill at the QB position sucked. Romo's skill was way better then Dak's.

Dak just plays in an optimal environment and some of you cant tell the difference because of it.

Romo would still be Romo if he were with the Bengals.. Dak would be out of the league or maybe Andy Dalton if he was lucky.
Umm no. Romo didn’t have an mvp caliber season until he has all of those things around him. All pro oline all pro rb all pro wr hof tight end. I swear some of you people act like Romo didn’t have talent around him. He went to the playoffs with one of our best teams ever in 2007. What happened? Romo isn’t some God amongst men here. He’s had lots of talent around him too. There is no point in arguing with you though. Even if Dak threw for 400 yards and 4 tds in the Super Bowl you’d say it wasn’t him that elevated the team so I’m done with this argument

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Umm no. Romo didn’t have an mvp caliber season until he has all of those things around him. All pro oline all pro rb all pro wr hof tight end. I swear some of you people act like Romo didn’t have talent around him. He went to the playoffs with one of our best teams ever in 2007. What happened? Romo isn’t some God amongst men here. He’s had lots of talent around him too. There is no point in arguing with you though. Even if Dak threw for 400 yards and 4 tds in the Super Bowl you’d say it wasn’t him that elevated the team so I’m done with this argument
This post shows you that people use outliers and emotional blabbering to make points smh. Dak needs top shelf talent to be average. Romo made people look good at times that probably shouldn’t be in the league like Holley and Robinson. When Dak had that level of talent we had to give up a first because he couldn’t do jack with that talent level. Y’all just see whole numbers and say Dak is it smh. I can’t change yalls mind but he isn’t that good.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He doesn't suck.

He's about like Dak.

I don't think there is 1 NFL GM that would take Dak over Wentz either. That is some fan generated crap that only a Cowboy fan would say.

I think there is quite a few GM who would take Carr over Dak.. At least a handful... Especially if you factor in Cap Space.

IMO Dak > Carr - Dak 35 mill < Carr 25 mill

There isn't, Wentz did exactly what he was paid to do this season, carry his team! Playing without his top 3 WR for most of the season, playing without a couple of his top RB threats for a good part of the season and also playing without Ertz for a game or 2 near the end of the season, and his starting tackles at the end, he found ways to win and get his team into the playoffs. You can dice it and slice it anyway you want but it's the truth. One guy got paid like a franchise QB and acted like it this season and the other is going to get tagged this season because he didn't

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the numbers. So we are saying that a QB that gets 25 Total TD's and 17 Total Turnovers per season (+8) completes only 62% and gets 3600 total yards is twins with a QB who totals almost 30 total TD's 29.5 and only 13.5 total turnovers (+16), completes 65.8% and has a Half a yard higher YPA (7.6-7.1)....Allrighty then!!! Not to mention one guy plays well in the playoffs and has already won one, and the other folds like a cheap suit. Extremely dumb comparison.

Dalton Career
25 Total TDs/17 Turnovers 62% YPA 7.1 int% 2.7
3646 Total yards per season

Dak Career
29.5 Total TDs/13.5 Turnovers 65.8% 7.6 int%1.7
4250 total yards per season

phildadon86

Reaction score
This post shows you that people use outliers and emotional blabbering to make points smh. Dak needs top shelf talent to be average. Romo made people look good at times that probably shouldn’t be in the league like Holley and Robinson. When Dak had that level of talent we had to give up a first because he couldn’t do jack with that talent level. Y’all just see whole numbers and say Dak is it smh. I can’t change yalls mind but he isn’t that good.
It’s not an outlier. Romo has had a lot of talent most of his career. You’re using outliers like Robinson and Holley (who made one big play in his career) to prove your point which makes you look ridiculous. Romo has had 2 hall of fame guys on offense in their prime. Who on our team right now can you say that about? You can hate on Dak all you want but the truth his he isn’t garbage and he does elevate when he needs too. He’s also been hamstrung by a coaching staff who wanted to make him into Romo when he isnt. You’re going to be very impressed and look even worse next season when the coach is tailoring the offense for his skill set. Not the other way around.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
They want you to do mental hoola hoops so they can convince you that Dak is as good as some of those guys.

There is so many factors and only a homer would say Dak wasn't padding his numbers on bad teams.

Or, the chart is proving wrong to haters like you that Dak is better than Dalton. Better than most. Still gotta make the throws and the catches still have to be caught. No matter what the opposing team is doing.

Just stop. You don't like him. Got it. Still is a good QB and had a very good year. Possibly better if not injured on throwing arm and coaching didn't crap the bed. He did miss throws healthy as well. I'll give you that. He should've of used his feet more as well.

pansophy

Reaction score
Once again, this is a terrible argument. Just because Romo didn't play in 2016 doesn't mean that his massive contract wasn't on the books. Dak Prescott has spent the better part of 4 years operating under a cap that still gave a disportionate amount of money to the QB position.

We already know that Dak can produce in such a cap situation.
That’s fair, though what was Romo’s cap percentage versus what will it be? If the league keeps making more money then it probably won’t matter at some point. I’m still waiting for a cap year to actually contract. Less people go to the games, less people are watching.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 Future Hall of Famers

D5-rBXcXoAc7uNz.png
Not really similar at all

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think that is the point they are trying to make. Someone somewhere is probably trying to make the case that Dak is no better than Dalton, which obviously isn't the case. But this chart still puts Dak in the 9-12 range and absolutely outside the top 5.

Tier 1 in 2019:
Jackson
Mahomes
Tannehill
Brees

Tier 2 in 2019
Stafford
Cousins
Carr
Wilson

Tier 3 in 2019
Garoppolo
Prescott
Watson
Rivers
Ryan

Tier 1 is pure proof that if your coaches put players in position to succeed, they can, and most certainly will. Ryan friggin Tannehill, y'all.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yeah and as critical as I am of Dak, we also need to consider his HC was Garrett. It’s a handicap to everyone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
SF had 6 takeaways in 3 losses. 2/game
KC had 5 takeaways in 4 losses. 1.25/game
We had 4 takeaways in 8 losses. .5/game

Yep Dak sucks. :thumbup:
....and Carr doesn't. :rolleyes:
He doesn't suck.
That's your opinion. If that were the case, why do the Raiders want Brady?! Let me guess, for Carr's backup?! :lmao:

Nope. Seriously doubt it. There is a big reason Mike McCarthy took the job, and that reason is Dak. He's even said as much. Bill Belichick has also given great praise to Dak. You're going to tell me both of those coaches don't know what they are talking about concerning Dak?
Preach it luv. :thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Belichick could have won a Super Bowl with Andy Dalton.

The fact that Dalton had ANY success considering the team/city/coach is amazing.

Similar with Dak. Amazing that he had success under Garrett.

Romo had to just ignore Garrett to have success but Dak is not the type to over-ride the Head Coach.

Romo would have multiple SB wins with Belichick.

Aikman with Belichick would have won more than Brady. That combination might have a dozen consecutive SB wins.

Imagine Dan Marino in his prime with Belichick/Patriots in the 2000s. It would need to have started with Marino as a rookie. By the time Jimmy went to Miami Marino's ego and control over the organization combined with his age was not a formula for winning.

Coaching matters.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There isn't, Wentz did exactly what he was paid to do this season, carry his team! Playing without his top 3 WR for most of the season, playing without a couple of his top RB threats for a good part of the season and also playing without Ertz for a game or 2 near the end of the season, and his starting tackles at the end, he found ways to win and get his team into the playoffs. You can dice it and slice it anyway you want but it's the truth. One guy got paid like a franchise QB and acted like it this season and the other is going to get tagged this season because he didn't

I can think of one GM

giphy.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It’s not an outlier. Romo has had a lot of talent most of his career. You’re using outliers like Robinson and Holley (who made one big play in his career) to prove your point which makes you look ridiculous. Romo has had 2 hall of fame guys on offense in their prime. Who on our team right now can you say that about? You can hate on Dak all you want but the truth his he isn’t garbage and he does elevate when he needs too. He’s also been hamstrung by a coaching staff who wanted to make him into Romo when he isnt. You’re going to be very impressed and look even worse next season when the coach is tailoring the offense for his skill set. Not the other way around.
Who Dak elevated? Who has said man without Dak this player we would never see the best of this player? Who said Romo never had talent? When you're in your feelings you start reading things any ole way. I said Dak can't even play good when he did have that type of talent which isn't the same thing you said I said smh. Dak isn't that good. He beats up on teams picking in the top of the draft and fools people like you who get all your info from espn and fs1. I hope Alex Smith Jr gets better since I'm a fan of the Cowboys but I'm not holding my breath on him getting better all of a sudden.