CSN: Try to locate Dak Prescott and his identical twin brother Andy Dalton on this chart

Qcard

Reaction score
Fiiine... Pay the market value and tell our Superbowl chances bye bye.

He is replaceable.. He's not some elite QB that the team relies on to win games.

His 20ish TD's and 10 ish INT's is replaceable.

You guys tell me how great he is and we couldnt make the playoffs in a year where we had a superior team.

So going forward its going to get better with him making more money and the roster taking a hit? Please.

We'll all learn the hard way though. Tony Romo's contract didn't teach you guys a lesson. Maybe you will pay attention this time.

Or you could just look around the league and tell me how it's going for everyone paying their elite - mediocre QB a fortune.
Bruh... I told you in my last post, teams that gave QBs at the time market value and where still able to build good teams 49ers, Vikings and Eagles.

Even the Cowboys built around Romo...the so called "most talented team" a rookie Dak ever had in NFL history.....but some How did the Cowboys build a team around Romo's Elite record breaking contract...

You have a self defeating point!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's better than Romo, on the field and in the locker room as a leader.

Saying he's better on the field is just pure stupidity but whatever.. Dude is out there trying not to lose games.

If you want to say he is a great leader and better then Romo then fine.. Whatever.

Dak Prescott is in such an optimal environment that it's created an illusion for some of you guys to think he is better then he actually is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I understand there are GM's that would make stupid football decisions like that.

I'm not arguing over his market value unless the Cowboys say he is worth Russell Wilson money.

My argument is that his money basically gives us no shot at building the team around him that he requires.

You same guys wanting to pay him are the same guys wanting to put the blame on every aspect of our team except him.

He won 1 playoff game in 4 years... Like come on.. Most of these QB's that are getting paid like him at least went to a Superbowl. That's why they are getting paid like that.

We have 0 proof this guy can manage a team through the playoffs and get to the Superbowl.
Romo won 2 in over a decade. Just saying

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Saying he's better on the field is just pure stupidity but whatever.. Dude is out there trying not to lose games.

If you want to say he is a great leader and better then Romo then fine.. Whatever.

Dak Prescott is in such an optimal environment that it's created an illusion for some of you guys to think he is better then he actually is.
Romo wasn't above average until his 7th season. And by that point in his career his injuries held the team hostage. Optimal enviroment? With a bad defense and terrible special teams. The team has never given dak gifts like other qbs. You guys need to watch more football. There's a thing as a defense and special teams helping the offense that has not been the case the 4 years dak has been qb.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bruh... I told you in my last post, teams that gave QBs at the time market value and where still able to build good teams 49ers, Vikings and Eagles.

Even the Cowboys built around Romo...the so called "most talented team" a rookie Dak ever had in NFL history.....but some How did the Cowboys build a team around Romo's Elite record breaking contract...

You have a self defeating point!!

49ers would've been an outlier but they didn't get the job done.. I really don't need to address the rest of your championship team examples lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo wasn't above average until his 7th season. And by that point in his career his injuries held the team hostage. Optimal enviroment? With a bad defense and terrible special teams. The team has never given dak gifts like other qbs. You guys need to watch more football. There's a thing as a defense and special teams helping the offense that has not been the case the 4 years dak has been qb.

Romo had to be a 1 man army and coach for most of his career outside of 2007 & 2014.

Don't complain about Dak not having things please. It's not going to get any better then he has had it.. Stop it with those excuses because you'll be making them until that contract is done.

Of course he needs a great Oline, WR, RB, Defense, coaching, and special teams. He's not good enough to elevate.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo had to be a 1 man army and coach for most of his career outside of 2007 & 2014.

Don't complain about Dak not having things please. It's not going to get any better then he has had it.. Stop it with those excuses because you'll be making them until that contract is done.

Of course he needs a great Oline, WR, RB, Defense, coaching, and special teams. He's not good enough to elevate.
Every qb needs those things. Mahomes has all of those things. More than Dak. I just hope when he gets paid all you hatin bums just leave

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dak should have beat GB in 2016 but that game was fixed by the refs and byron jones sucks in zone coverage. It's a shame dak balled that game.

Offense took to long to show up in that game also. It's always problems with Dallas lol
Was a fun season though

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo won 2 in over a decade. Just saying

And Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson won a Superbowl.. Their skill at the QB position sucked. Romo's skill was way better then Dak's.

Dak just plays in an optimal environment and some of you cant tell the difference because of it.

Romo would still be Romo if he were with the Bengals.. Dak would be out of the league or maybe Andy Dalton if he was lucky.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Every qb needs those things. Mahomes has all of those things. More than Dak. I just hope when he gets paid all you hatin bums just leave

You know what else Mahomes has? A Rookie contract.

While I would argue his defense isn't good and that he can elevate just about anyone you put around him.. He had success on that Rookie deal.

He's done it.. He's climbed that mountain.

If i'm a Chiefs fan I have no problem telling him to name his number because he did what the goal is supposed to be.. Win a Championship.

We haven't even went to a conference title game and we want to pay our guy like he has gone to or won a Superbowl lol.. When he is somewhere between the 10th and 16th best QB on top of that lol.

Qcard

Reaction score
49ers would've been an outlier but they didn't get the job done.. I really don't need to address the rest of your championship team examples lol.
Of course you had to change what I posted...
I clearly stated those teams where able to build Championship contenders around record breaking QB contracts

Dreski

Reaction score
There’s one common denominator between Dak, Romo and their teams falling short. Now that Garrett’s gone, maybe we will see improvement in certain areas. Personally, I believe in Big Mac

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You know what else Mahomes has? A Rookie contract.

While I would argue his defense isn't good and that he can elevate just about anyone you put around him.. He had success on that Rookie deal.

He's done it.. He's climbed that mountain.

If i'm a Chiefs fan I have no problem telling him to name his number because he did what the goal is supposed to be.. Win a Championship.

We haven't even went to a conference title game and we want to pay our guy like he has gone to or won a Superbowl lol.. When he is somewhere between the 10th and 16th best QB on top of that lol.
Chiefs defense, special teams, and coaching was better than Dallas'. Mahomes has more weapons as well on offense. All the advanced stats, and analytics put dak between 7-10. Like I said when he gets paid will you leave?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course you had to change what I posted...
I clearly stated those teams where able to build Championship contenders around record breaking QB contracts

I think the move is to look at the trend of teams that win Superbowls and not the contenders.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And Trent Dilfer & Brad Johnson won a Superbowl.. Their skill at the QB position sucked. Romo's skill was way better then Dak's.

Dak just plays in an optimal environment and some of you cant tell the difference because of it.

Romo would still be Romo if he were with the Bengals.. Dak would be out of the league or maybe Andy Dalton if he was lucky.
Andy dalton was always considered a poor mans romo lol. The best ability is availability. The only time Romo was successful was a team filled with pro bowlers and hall of famers. And the next team with a good defense and best rushing attack in the league. The only thing romo elevated was a turd he dropped in the water.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I've explained a thousand times this week why paying a mediocre QB like he is elite doesn't win you titles.

I'm not explaining it again for you. You'll just have to learn on your own and make excuses when he doesn't.
Yep these fools will be crying how its everyone else's fault but Daks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that is the point they are trying to make. Someone somewhere is probably trying to make the case that Dak is no better than Dalton, which obviously isn't the case. But this chart still puts Dak in the 9-12 range and absolutely outside the top 5.

Tier 1 in 2019:
Jackson
Mahomes
Tannehill
Brees

Tier 2 in 2019
Stafford
Cousins
Carr
Wilson

Tier 3 in 2019
Garoppolo
Prescott
Watson
Rivers
Ryan
I don't think anyone would put Dak in the top 5 of QBs anyway, but there are clearly flaws in this analysis if it indicates Tannehill is.