Culpepper had an offer - with who? (Lions)

fan62

Reaction score
Culpepper had a meeting scheduled tomorrow with KC. He has called that off, and says he has a better offer from another team, basically? (Link)
Anyone think Jerry may be making another deal here, after Brad's last game?
Could Culpepper be in Dallas tonight or tomorrow. Should would like to know where he is spending the night tonight.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Why bother? He won't be ready to play this weekend, and Romo is expected back after the bye.

If Romo gets another significant injury the 2nd half of the season, the season will be shot anyway.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
fan62;2379656 said:
Culpepper had a meeting scheduled tomorrow with KC. He has called that off, and says he has a better offer from another team, basically? (Link)
Could Culpepper be in Dallas tonight or tomorrow. Should would like to know where he is spending the night tonight.

Culpepper wants a multi yr deal, we need a QB for one game. Plus, do you think it is possible to have Dante learn enough of our playbook to play the defending world champs with 2 days of practice? Honestly? (I admit Dante with 2 days practice is prob better than brad...but I dont think the org makes a decision like that)

fan62

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2379666 said:
Culpepper wants a multi yr deal, we need a QB for one game. Plus, do you think it is possible to have Dante learn enough of our playbook to play the defending world champs with 2 days of practice? Honestly? (I admit Dante with 2 days practice is prob better than brad...but I dont think the org makes a decision like that)

Oh, when I posted this, I did not mean to imply that he would be our QB for this week. I agree, there is no way. I also believe Culpepper is way past his prime, but I do believe he could be maybe 5% better than Brad, and I think Jerry would be wasting some $$ to bring him here.

But saying that, something has to be done, in case Tony goes down again this season. Brad Johnson is sure not the answer for our December games.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2379665 said:
Why bother? He won't be ready to play this weekend, and Romo is expected back after the bye.

If Romo gets another significant injury the 2nd half of the season, the season will be shot anyway.

Yep, no way will he pick up the offense in one week.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Please...no more wasting roster spots...Brad Johnson is already taking up one spot. :cool:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
It could be the Pat's maybe they are finally tired of dicking around with Cassell or the 49ers thats not much better than Cheifs though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I doubt it was the Pats. Cassell is finally clicking on all cylinders. Cowboys wouldn't do it. Unless its about a long term type thing with Culpepper. I don't understand just signing him out of the bleu. He won't be ready until about a week or two and Romo will be back.

alby

Reaction score
Why would we want him now with Romo coming back in two weeks...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2379846 said:
I doubt it was the Pats. Cassell is finally clicking on all cylinders. Cowboys wouldn't do it. Unless its about a long term type thing with Culpepper. I don't understand just signing him out of the bleu. He won't be ready until about a week or two and Romo will be back.

Cassell sucks and Culpepper could take that team depper than Cassell and we all seen what Moss and Culpepper can do together also....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Culpepper turned down the Chiefs b/c he got a long term offer as a baby hand-model.

Kilyin

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2379852 said:
Cassell sucks and Culpepper could take that team depper than Cassell and we all seen what Moss and Culpepper can do together also....

You realize the Patriots are 5-2? Nevermind, I forgot who I'm replying to.

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2379852 said:

We dont get any love on this board for being right....

Everyone is too narrowminded and actually think Brooks Bollinger wouldnt get concussed if he was put in. Too much loyalty to the roster , even when they are bums.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
fan62;2379656 said:

no, it isnt us

Smith22

Reaction score
Not sure, but I would be shocked it if were the Cowboys. We only have 1 game to go and Romo is back.