Culpepper had an offer - with who? (Lions)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The guy that was floatin around and I am shocked it took so long for someone to pick up was Byron Leftwich.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
YoMick;2379956 said:
Vinny Testeverde has been signed out of retirement home how many times??

:lmao2:

We're talking QB's that can help a team. Not a general athlete such as Dante.

I'd STILL take Vinny over Culpep.

JRid21

Reaction score
CATCH17;2379965 said:
The guy that was floatin around and I am shocked it took so long for someone to pick up was Byron Leftwich.

If Leftwich didn't take so long to get rid of the ball, he would still have his job in Jacksonville. Honestly, has anyone ever worked with him on his mechanics?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
JRid21;2380037 said:
If Leftwich didn't take so long to get rid of the ball, he would still have his job in Jacksonville. Honestly, has anyone ever worked with him on his mechanics?

He's had help on his mechanics. Unfortunately, all the Jags could afford was a pitcher. :D

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
JRid21;2380037 said:

He had some flaws but it wasn't so bad that it should've taken that long for him to be picked up.

I felt like 3 of the NFC North teams would've upgraded with him as their Starter as well.

Culpepper on the other hand is awful. I was a big fan of his coming out in the draft but it didn't take long for me to realise what type of QB he was.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk.com reporting it's the Lions:

CULPEPPER VISITING LIONS
Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2008, 10:00 a.m.

Unretired quarterback Daunte Culpepper is visiting the Detroit Lions, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.

Though most teams typically hold “Gong Show” workouts on Tuesdays, and while the Lions have sniffed around a slew of players with recognizable names this year, Culpepper’s decision to rebuff the interest of other teams (including the Chiefs) because he was/is in discussions with what he called a “better fit” makes it reasonable to conclude that the Lions are the team to which he was referring.

Detroit is one of the few places where Culpepper would have a chance to play in 2008 (if, that is, he can find a way to throw the ball through those tricky Ford Field winds). The current starter is Dan Orlovsky, and second-year pro Drew Stanton is developing sufficiently slowly to be in real danger of falling behind Drew Henson — if that hasn’t already happened.

But to the extent the Culpepper is looking for an opportunity for 2009, the Lions might not be the ideal choice. With coach Rod Marinelli most likely gone after the season (if not sooner) and the front office possibly being cleaned out, Culpepper would have to hope that the new regime wants to keep him around.

Then again, Culpepper could create a job for all of them next year, if he can shake up a team that has dipped to 0-7, and that could lose the next nine.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That would really upset Nors if they signed Dante and he took the job away from his boy.

JRid21

Reaction score
CATCH17;2380082 said:
He had some flaws but it wasn't so bad that it should've taken that long for him to be picked up.

I felt like 3 of the NFC North teams would've upgraded with him as their Starter as well.

Culpepper on the other hand is awful. I was a big fan of his coming out in the draft but it didn't take long for me to realise what type of QB he was.

I always liked Leftwich and wanted him to suceed

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Maybe the Romo injury is turning out worse then we think it is.. First it was what it is now, then it was like it was going to be just the one game, if not any at all, but then suddenly it was swung back out to this date, maybe it's all lies and/or wishful thinking, and a lot worse then we're being lead to believe.

Maybe we're thinking longer term as for a backup and it has nothing to do with the next game coming up.. Maybe we're worried about the one AFTER the bye week which would give a new QB time to learn the playbook.

Maybe Brad's "tank" has just emptied and there's nothing left. Maybe it was something nobody had really expected.

Lots of 'maybes' and I could go on with more. But bottom line is we're in desperate need, and perhaps even more desperate than any of us has been lead to believe, Brad is just NOT doing it, our 3rd string is a joke, not too mention Jerry's own personal track-record since purchasing the Cowboys. Nothing is impossible. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. And anyone who thinks they know anything where Jerry is concerned, really just shows how blind they personally have been the last 20 years.

Knowing Jerry's track-record and feeling our desperate need, I would say it's not even out of the realm of possibility that one Quincy Carter has been inquired about even in a preliminary check of what's available at the moment. Let alone a Duante.