Current cap space: 11 million. What moves create more cap space?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Blake Bell shouldn't even be a consideration. He is easily the 2nd best tight end on the team, and the best blocker of the group.

I'm pretty sure you can't cut someone after tagging them.

"He is easily the 2nd best tight end on the team"
Based on what?

"and the best blocker of the group"
Based on what?

Sydla

Reaction score
Cut Prescott/Crawford & Hill. "Restructure" ONLY if the said mentioned play decreases even more. Like Dlaw's pathetic 5 sacks last season. LOL. He was tied for 73rd with those 5 sacks. Pathetic!

You have this backwards. You likely shouldn't restructure Lawrence if his play falls off. Why would you want kick more money and eat up more cap space into future years for a player you think is getting worse? You'd be better off just biting the bullet and letting him play out the contract and get him off the books as fast as you can.

Restructure doesn't mean pay him less and cut his cap hit. Restructure in this sense are accounting manipulations of the players base salary/bonuses to shift cap hits from current year into future years.

And I don't think Lawrence is a declining player anyway.

Sydla

Reaction score
I got one move in mind.

Cut Crawford. Bring in Griffin. Your DL is better. Or if Clowney really is now looking for a one year, reasonable contract, then cut Crawford, move a few more million around and bring him in.

Both would make this a better DL.

Reactions: BAT

lostar2009

Reaction score
Sign Dak then have Crawford take a pay cut. Ill leave everyone else alone.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think cutting Crawford would be a minimal risk well worth taking. We'll have enough candidates at both DE and DT to replace him.

Reactions: BAT

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Blake Bell hasn't stunk it up. He was a solid contributor on a Super Bowl-winning team.
Lol.

Want to make a list of his contributions?

God I hate the "but but but he was on a team that won the super bowl" argument. Ughh.

Fact is he has been on five teams in six season on minimum salaries. You might not think he has stunk it up, but the NFL disagrees with you.

J12B

Reaction score
Restructure:

DLaw - $11m
Zack Martin - $8m
Tyron - $7m

Against restructuring Dlaw only because he is on a downward trend. Restructuring would put the front office in a position where they could not move on from him in 2 years if they wanted to.

Restructuring Martin and Smith would make sense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know a Prescott extension gives us more space. Cutting Crawford does as well.

What others moves are there we can make to create cap space
Why do they need cap space right now?

An 11 man rookie only roster with no practice squad would enable the Cowboys to win the most cap space award...