Current cap space for all teams, Cowboys 32

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We keep signing players, and our cap space keeps going up. One day Howie will figure out how to use it; makes us look bad that we’re not putting it into the roster

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What do we have to show for this?

Stephen is always pinching pennies and yet we have the least money available.

We all like to joke that 'cap boy' is trying to win the salary cap championship not the football one, but he sucks at that too!
isn't that the weirdest thing, we're trying to save money, but we're at the bottom

Rayman70

Reaction score
most of the playoff teams from last year are at the bottom . So it stands to reason we are there.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Updated Top 51 Cap Space

1. WSH, $63M
2. NE, $58M
3. TEN, $55M
4. PHI, $39M
5. CHI, $31.7M
6. DET, $31M
7. ARZ, $30M
8. CIN, $29.6M
9. LV, $29.5M
10. LAC, $29.1M
11. GB, $25M
12. LAR, $23.7M
13. IND, $23.2M
14. DEN, $21M
15. MIN, $19.3M
16. SEA, $19.2M
17. CAR, $19.1M
18. HOU, $19M
19. SF, $17.4M
20. BUF, $17.2M
21. NO, $16M
22. KC, $15.8M
23. JAX, $15M
24. BAL, $14M
25. PIT, $12M
26. NYG, $11M
27. CLE, $8.2M
28. TB, $8M
29. NYJ, $7.9M
30. MIA, $5M
31. ATL, $4.3M
32. DAL, $4M
look at it like Jerry does, we have no place but up to go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
18 on down to 32 is the lower tier of cap space. Many playoff teams. All we need to do is flip a couple switches and we are in the top tier.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've not even restructured anyone to create space when we could easily do that.

Something is brewing in the big D.
Brewing?
Seems they can't even find a match, or lighter to start a fire to brew anything.

I think they are in a cave using rocks (their brains) to create a spark.

jgboys1

Reaction score
If you turn that list upside down, we have the most cap space!

She how easy that was Jerry!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
From my perspective, I think its pretty obvious that the Cowboys are running a stealth tank job. That's why they kept McCarthy around. Instead of paying him to go away and paying a new coach, they get to blame fat Mike and have a down year. They aren't restructuring all of their deals because they want to clear their future cap for a new coach to remake the team in his vision.

I have no idea what is up with Dak. All I know is that nothing that the Jones boys say publicly is to be taken seriously. They lie with impunity. They may re sign him or they may let him walk in hopes of getting a much more cost effective solution next offseason (see Pittsburgh).

BigD5

Reaction score
I don’t get it. We know Dak is like middle of the road as far as his cap number amongst QBs. But what other players are sucking the cap dry? We don’t have any players worth a d a m n ! Lamb and Parsons aren’t even making much yet. How in the world is this even possible??

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow the Commanders signed like 50 FA’s and still have the most money left.
And that's shocking how do you not pay attention to bad teams who don't have a lot of quality players on it you know they traded away some of their best players last year they have spare parts at quarterback they don't have a lot of high-priced guys on there and they sucked they've been last in the division or close to last for like 3 straight seasons you're gonna have a lot of money that is how this works the better teams typically have the least amount of money they have to create money the Dallas Cowboys will be fine it doesn't matter they'll last if they need money and they target a guy they will restructure a contract and they will get the guy they want just because that list right now makes it look like we have no money they can easily find the money...

Lots of teams that spend the biggest I'm not saying all but most are the ones who have been bad for a very long time they don't draft well or if they do they trade away their players because they don't wanna give them second contracts and then they're really bad and then until their fan base can't handle it anymore then they finally start spending the money and yeah they have a lot of it that doesn't mean they're gonna build a great roster they just have a lot of resources but you don't typically flip a team in one off season you've been bad for four or five years in a row but you do have a lot of money and high draft picks but hey if you wanna win in that category that's great but when you're a 12 win team three straight years you've won your division twice and you draft well and you have a lot of players better in the top tier that you have to pay them top money then you have less money it only makes sense when you're consistent playoff team it's hard to have a lot of cap space..

blueblood70

Reaction score
They free up cap space when needed.
There's a lot of delusional and lost people in here that don't understand that they also don't understand that some of the biggest spenders that have the most money have been teams that have been bad for a very long time they get rid of all their good players instead of paying them they have a lot of good draft picks and a lot of money to spend but yet the teams who have been good for a really long time or even great have less money to spend and have to free it up when needed that is just the way this works I for some reason does this place really want us to be the Washington dead skins I mean am I missing something you'd rather win the offseason have more money to spend and have higher draft picks but be really bad for four or five years I mean is that what this place is saying because you paid the price by drafting well and having a lot of high-priced players on your team....

Flamma

Reaction score
There's a lot of delusional and lost people in here that don't understand that they also don't understand that some of the biggest spenders that have the most money have been teams that have been bad for a very long time they get rid of all their good players instead of paying them they have a lot of good draft picks and a lot of money to spend but yet the teams who have been good for a really long time or even great have less money to spend and have to free it up when needed that is just the way this works I for some reason does this place really want us to be the Washington dead skins I mean am I missing something you'd rather win the offseason have more money to spend and have higher draft picks but be really bad for four or five years I mean is that what this place is saying because you paid the price by drafting well and having a lot of high-priced players on your team....
I'm not talking about other team's mistakes. Jerry tried harder in the past, but has since stopped due to bad mistakes. Nothing the Cowboys do right now is with the intention to get better results. Nothing. The team stays competitive, but never in SB contention.

fivetwos

Reaction score
From my perspective, I think its pretty obvious that the Cowboys are running a stealth tank job. That's why they kept McCarthy around. Instead of paying him to go away and paying a new coach, they get to blame fat Mike and have a down year. They aren't restructuring all of their deals because they want to clear their future cap for a new coach to remake the team in his vision.

I have no idea what is up with Dak. All I know is that nothing that the Jones boys say publicly is to be taken seriously. They lie with impunity. They may re sign him or they may let him walk in hopes of getting a much more cost effective solution next offseason (see Pittsburgh).
I’m not entirely convinced it’s blatant lies vs having no real plan that makes actual sense, or the ability to come up with one as far as roster building.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not talking about other team's mistakes. Jerry tried harder in the past, but has since stopped due to bad mistakes. Nothing the Cowboys do right now is with the intention to get better results. Nothing. The team stays competitive, but never in SB contention.
Look I was simply responding back that you're correct they will find the money if needed but don't say they're not in contention your opinion about what contending and what isn't contending is off base if you go to the playoffs 5 out of eight seasons when your quarterbacks healthy you are a contender when you're the number 2 team in the NFC with a home game you definitely built a contending team that team failed it failed miserably we have fell short for a long time I get it but don't say you can't build a roster that can contend because lots of things have to happen in the playoffs those players should have been good enough if you can win 12 games in a regular season you should be able to compete harder so the front office put the players on the field the coaches and players themselves have to be responsible and have accountability as well I'm not saying the Joneses are perfect well let's stop with the nonsense because how is it that the team in our division this place gives most credit to for making the most wise moves making more moves you know just doing things and how we Roseman with the Eagles how do we beat them twice in the last three years for the division if the Dallas Cowboys front office doesn't know what they're doing??

Yes we've had some problems in the playoffs but don't call them failures to put a contending team on the field they put a contending team on the field check out all the Pro Bowl players any all pros first through 14 all pros were getting pillaged people are taking our players why is it that ohh some of these players that are being taken some of our fans didn't like but other teams are taking them how could you have a roster full of talent and say the front office and the GM is bad no he may not be one of the better ones but he sure ain't the worst one in my opinion because he is putting enough talent on this team to get to the playoffs getting to the playoffs makes you a contender yes we've fallen short I get it.. But there isn't a magic formula in my opinion I don't care what name you thought we should have got that we missed out on you don't even know if they would have lasted the year without getting hurt or if they would have fit in with your team and played well that's why the whole dream team the paper champion nonsense you don't win in the offseason you win during the regular season you have to win enough games to get in the playoffs..
I'm not disagreeing that it's been a disappointment it's been a kick in the gut a kick in the cherries that the way we're exiting playoffs but don't say this front office hasn't built a roster good enough to contend because it has some of those games against San Francisco we're very close the Rams 8 point game we actually were competitive we just fell short there were too many penalties there were some bad play calls the referees got involved don't say we weren't contenders we were in those games those were close heart fought games yes we fell short...

Now the Green Bay game yes this recent game I had everybody's upset about they have a right to we weren't in that game we got our ***** kicked from the first snap as soon as that coin hit the ground and Green Bay walked their offense out on the field the game was over you could feel it you could see it but that wasn't just Jerry that was the coaching staff that was some players coming out saying dumb shift like they're tired it's been a long season they weren't mentally into it all that nonsense that's not Jerry these players play well enough to get them in the playoffs three straight years in in the other playoff games were competitive this year it completely went South I get it we're all upset but they can put a contender on the field we just gotta get over the hump...

But to sum it up the whole reason I posted a reply to you because I agree they will find the money if they need it when they have a player to target we have six months to put together a roster to compete again and let's just see how it works out and nobody will have any data until we play games and that'll shake out in January we won't know even six games into the season could you remember that year in 2018 at the trade deadline we were three and five we got amari Cooper ended up 10 and six got hot got on the run and got to the second round of the playoffs this is never over in the offseason and it's never over even halfway into the season there's always a chance and we can argue about whether the season was a failure when it's over not six months before it starts..