Current cap space for all teams, Cowboys 32

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is why I don't understand when someone says "This is what they do every year".

It's not what they do every year.

Yeah, they're never very active in signing outside free agents, but they are never THIS inactive with all aspects of the team.
I'm with you. Something just doesn't feel right. Yeah, they aren't super active in free agency most years, well....ever, but they usually still make some moves. So far this off-season they are completely sitting on their hands. Unless you count a 32 year old LB.

Maybe Jerry meant they're "all in" on a reboot. Honestly, I'd be fine with that. I'm cool with a down year as long as it means we are retooling.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Philly has signed a bunch of players and have 39 mil left? It's like there's no cap for them.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
DET has $31M in cap space o_O

And as you look at the other playoff teams, almost all of them, if not all, have lots of cap space available despite having franchise QBs.

StarLord

Reaction score
Yep, either they're working on a trade for inepto or they are setting him up for this coming season to fail miserably.
Post-June 1st cut is still a possibility and would make the most sense after missing the March 13th deadline.
Hmmmmmm
I hope so.. I'm terrified this a bizarre play to try and play hardball in negotiations with Dakky Duck, and ultimately, they'll resign him around spring training. Punting on 2024 and forfeiting the future on a new Dak deal

Carter

Reaction score
We could easily free up 35-40 M with extending Lamb and Dak and Restructuring others. We choose not to for whatever reason. That should tell you something about next season.

McCarthy and Zimmer only have 1 season contracts. They are set up to fail, so they can clean house 2025. Will be interesting to see if they extend Dak or not before TC.

75boyz

Reaction score
I still think its being saved for the future contracts of Dak, Micah and CD.

They will shuffle the other player contract numbers at the appropriate times in order to fulfill this 3 headed star power marketing strategy for the near future.

jmo

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We could easily free up 35-40 M with extending Lamb and Dak and Restructuring others. We choose not to for whatever reason. That should tell you something about next season.

McCarthy and Zimmer only have 1 season contracts. They are set up to fail, so they can clean house 2025. Will be interesting to see if they extend Dak or not before TC.
These 1-year contracts are laughable. The refusal to extend players clearly signals a desire for a roster overhaul. It's evident that Jerry lacks a coherent strategy, opting instead to lay the blame on the coaching staff when things inevitably go south during the season.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This means nothing coz we all know Stephen can improve our rankings into the top 10-15 with the stroke of a pen within a few hours........IF he wanted to.
It means plenty because every other team can also do the same thing putting is right back at square 1.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
There's a lot of delusional and lost people in here that don't understand that they also don't understand that some of the biggest spenders that have the most money have been teams that have been bad for a very long time they get rid of all their good players instead of paying them they have a lot of good draft picks and a lot of money to spend but yet the teams who have been good for a really long time or even great have less money to spend and have to free it up when needed that is just the way this works I for some reason does this place really want us to be the Washington dead skins I mean am I missing something you'd rather win the offseason have more money to spend and have higher draft picks but be really bad for four or five years I mean is that what this place is saying because you paid the price by drafting well and having a lot of high-priced players on your team....
Fair points…this also may be the longest sentence I have ever seen.
:laugh:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Saints went $-81 million to $14 million

#WeChooseToBeBroke
We could go to the top of the list if we wanted. Too many people just want to be ignorant about the cap and use it for an excuse for inactivity. And that is all that it is...an EXCUSE!