Twitter: Current cap space update

fivetwos

Reaction score
At this point it's about rolling it into next season.

One thing I don't worry about with the Joneses is how to manage cap space.

Bad contracts to players Jerry likes personally? Different story.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Was led to believe that Iggles were in cap hell but obviously not the case.
As for our situation, it doesn't look great (nor horrible) but shouldn't we be expecting the cap to rise significantly for next season as the TV money should be better than the weird COVID effect from last year?

John813

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did the Eagles go from so far under to so far above. Same for the WFT.
Every year it seems there do this.

Which is why I do not get concerned over it all. It works itself out somehow.
Saints somehow got rid of what, like 78 million off its cap. But mostly they circumvented it somehow, as Drew Brees restructured his deal before he retired, and it seemed to eliminate half of that.
Jerry could not get a way with that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Was led to believe that Iggles were in cap hell but obviously not the case.
As for our situation, it doesn't look great (nor horrible) but shouldn't we be expecting the cap to rise significantly for next season as the TV money should be better than the weird COVID effect from last year?
we have a lot of talent AND our players are also overvalued because we are the Dallas Cowboys.

Id say we are in pretty good cap shape. The cap is expected to go up pretty big next year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Kut. DLAW, restructure Prescott and Coopers contract for starters.

How good do you think Dlaw is gonna look with Gregory lining up on the other side and having parsons rushing the QB? You watch Dlaw come back and play like an absolute beast and nobody will be clamoring for him to be cut.

How many people were clamoring for Gregory to be cut that are now saying hes playing like a beast, oh my God, so glad we have Gregory.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Surprising that the Eagles are $21M under the cap this year. Maybe because they pushed a lot of dead money to next year. Don’t know. I’ll check later. My guess is that Fletcher Cox and dead money from Wentz will be a lot.

conner01

Reaction score
Question for one of you cap experts
If that’s current cap space how can you be over the cap

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Surprising that the Eagles are $21M under the cap this year. Maybe because they pushed a lot of dead money to next year. Don’t know. I’ll check later. My guess is that Fletcher Cox and dead money from Wentz will be a lot.
No wentz money was a huge part of the cap. Hurtz is making like 50k and a bag of peanuts.