Twitter: Current cap space update

Carson

Reaction score
how the rams aren't dead last i diont know, maybe math is hard LOL

common sense says they should last by mile..like negative, like blocked from all these trades

someone needs to audit their books.
I believe they are similar to what the Bucs do. They front load the contract as opposed to back load it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No wentz money was a huge part of the cap. Hurtz is making like 50k and a bag of peanuts.

Yes, just checked. Wentz is totally off the books. The Eagles do have $21M in dead cap for 2022. They can’t get around this. Looks to me like the Eagles will roll over $21M to cover their dead money next year. So, it is a wash.

The Eagles basically restructured their top 6 highest paid players down to vet min this year. They just kicked the can down the road one more year.

Plankton

Reaction score
At this point it's about rolling it into next season.

One thing I don't worry about with the Joneses is how to manage cap space.

Bad contracts to players Jerry likes personally? Different story.

Aren't those one and the same?

phildadon86

Reaction score
How good do you think Dlaw is gonna look with Gregory lining up on the other side and having parsons rushing the QB? You watch Dlaw come back and play like an absolute beast and nobody will be clamoring for him to be cut.

How many people were clamoring for Gregory to be cut that are now saying hes playing like a beast, oh my God, so glad we have Gregory.
I’m so glad our fans don’t run an NFL front office

T-RO

Reaction score
2022 Dallas is 30th out of 32 teams...We have Huge Negative Amt. available:
-$19,790,769

Only Saints, Pack worse (they are way, way worse.)

lkelly

Reaction score
Did they get space back from Collins suspension?
Since they restructured his deal to drop his base down to below a million, they actually get very little cap relief from the suspension. It's almost as if they did him a huge solid by converting most of his 2021 salary to a bonus which the suspension wouldn't wipe out. They do get to void the 2022 guarantees which means that they can push a decision on him down the road and not be boxed in by some date near the benning of the league year.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
These cap numbers can and will change dramatically once the new league year starts in the spring.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Should we resent those team for keeping more in house than we do? If so, I don't like them one bit . . . :grin:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
How good do you think Dlaw is gonna look with Gregory lining up on the other side and having parsons rushing the QB? You watch Dlaw come back and play like an absolute beast and nobody will be clamoring for him to be cut.

How many people were clamoring for Gregory to be cut that are now saying hes playing like a beast, oh my God, so glad we have Gregory.

Agree, I want to see what DLAW will do this year to...his contract is an offseason issue..that will have to be addressed at some point....but lets focus on here and now first.

willia451

Reaction score
-$19,790,769

√(-19,790,769²)

alternatively:

abs(-19,790,769)

You're welcome.

:)

Mr_437

Reaction score
-$19,790,769

Trade partners should be lining up.

sjmike

Reaction score
I don’t worry too much about the cap. Teams will find ways to resign their own or free agents etc

I’m happy just resigning Gregory and Schultz and calling it a day
Don't forget Kearse

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t worry too much about the cap. Teams will find ways to resign their own or free agents etc

I’m happy just resigning Gregory and Schultz and calling it a day

Me too. But the question is, who's leaving, Tank or Gregory? This is the last year the two are on the same team. No way are the Cowboys paying both of them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Me too. But the question is, who's leaving, Tank or Gregory? This is the last year the two are on the same team. No way are the Cowboys paying both of them.
Jerry will just promise Gregory a farm, loaded with "crops" when he retires, and he'll work for peanuts.

CWR

Reaction score
At this point it's about rolling it into next season.

One thing I don't worry about with the Joneses is how to manage cap space.

Bad contracts to players Jerry likes personally? Different story.

True, but releasing Jaylon is uncharted territory. Normally we'd hold on to a Crawford type deal and let them drain as much cap as they could. I'm hoping this new staff is helping the Jones boys to wise up in that regard.