Twitter: Current draft order

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Been saying for weeks, fans need to stop projecting a top 3 selection, just too many wins left on our schedule. Still have 3 games against the woeful division, cincy/49ers without their QB's. It's more likely they win the division then having a top 3 pick.

Creeper

Reaction score
We'll have to wait and see but this year's draft doesn't seem to be very deep with NFL ready players. Outside of the 2 QB and Sewell, there are a couple of CBs who are by no means sure things. If they are not drafting top 3, then there might not be a big difference between the 5th pick and the 10th pick.

Yesterday was one game, but if they continue to play like that, given their schedule, they could wind up 7-9 with a middle of the round draft position. On the other hand, they continue to give up big plays and all it takes is a team with a good defense and the weapons to exploit the secondary and they will be on the losing end again.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Been saying for weeks, fans need to stop projecting a top 3 selection, just too many wins left on our schedule. Still have 3 games against the woeful division, cincy/49ers without their QB's. It's more likely they win the division then having a top 3 pick.
The Niners are very well coach team and have very good qb. Jimmy G might be back that week. That might not be an easy win.

Hardline

Reaction score
So we were at 4 before the game and 4 after the win.
I thought that win would drop us quite a bit.
Outside of the two QBs and Sewell the first round will be a crapshoot anyway.
I guess the linebacker from Penn State would be a nice consolation prize.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is why we will maintain mediocrity for several more years.

Actually, this is why.

082b3a8a62d1b87e4a481f3ea74d6ba3-original.jpg

Bigdog

Reaction score
If we win the division, which I full anticipate happening, isn’t the best pick we can get 21st?
I think so but you have a lot more confidence then me in winning this division. I think we may win one more game and that is Cindy. We may win against Philly depending on which Wentz shows up. I just don’t have confidence in our D.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm hopping off Team Tank for the time being.

The Jones boys have made it clear they aren't in the market for a QB, I can't see them picking Sewell, and this isn't a particularly great group of defenders at the top of the board.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score

Yep. And there's a good chance NYJ, Jacksonville, and Cincinnati (without Burrow) already have the top three picks locked up.

aria

Reaction score
I think so but you have a lot more confidence then me in winning this division. I think we may win one more game and that is Cindy. We may win against Philly depending on which Wentz shows up. I just don’t have confidence in our D.
We’re in a baaaaaaad division man. If Philthy had a better QB they might have a chance but Wentz is that bad. Washington is a mess and the Giants have seemingly improved but they’ve beat Washington twice and Philthy once so they’re not exactly setting the world on fire. I just give them the benefit of the doubt because they have a good defense and have played a lot of very close games against very good teams.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
So we will end up 6-10 and win the division. Then lose in the WC round. Effectively shooting ourselves in the foot. We need a top 8 pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm hopping off Team Tank for the time being.

The Jones boys have made it clear they aren't in the market for a QB, I can't see them picking Sewell, and this isn't a particularly great group of defenders at the top of the board.

In other words, drafting in 10-15 range isn't a bad thing.......just the spot for defensive starter w/o reaching ( CB or Lber )

tyke1doe

Reaction score
At this point, it doesn't even matter.

I know I've been on the side of tanking, but, really, I'm joking. I know players aren't going to purposely tank. And these matters are out of my control anyway.

So I just roll with it. I find solace in the fact that if we continue to lose, we rise higher in draft position. If we win, that's what I expect players to do.

I try to find a silver lining in either situation.

Besides, I really only want Trevor Lawrence, and we weren't getting him. The NY Jets aren't going to give up that top spot. They've worked too hard to get it. And we don't need to give up a king's ransom to get him. With this ownership, we're going to need all the blue chip talent we can get. That means we need MORE picks than fewer to increase our draft-success rate.

I'm just along for the ride. Ride or die. Cowboys or bust. Keep hope alive.