Twitter: Current draft order

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we were at 4 before the game and 4 after the win.
I thought that win would drop us quite a bit.
Outside of the two QBs and Sewell the first round will be a crapshoot anyway.
I guess the linebacker from Penn State would be a nice consolation prize.

We were at #3 before the game.

starfan1

Reaction score
The Niners are very well coach team and have very good qb. Jimmy G might be back that week. That might not be an easy win.
Nothing is an easy win with this team. Guyer High might give them all they can handle lol

lwehlers

Reaction score
A win Thursday could drop us to the bottom of the top 10......

well it looks like the top three spots are locked the rest of the year. so if the cowboys miss the playoffs they will be anywhere between 5-18 in the draft order. but of course if they make the playoffs then in the twenties.

starfan1

Reaction score
This is why we will maintain mediocrity for several more years.
there's no guarantee even with a top pick that wont remain mediocre. I get your argument and partially agree with it but Id rather win. The league has examples of teams going from mediocre to division champ each year. Look at Pittsburgh ,Look at Indy. I think every year is different and depending on a few moves and a few breaks things can change in a hurry. This is a bad year to benchmark. the common denominator for mediocrity for the cowboys is not so much where you pick but whos doing the picking

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If Dallas plays the rest of the season like they did yesterday, they’re winning the division and picking 19th or lower.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
there's no guarantee even with a top pick that wont remain mediocre. I get your argument and partially agree with it but Id rather win. The league has examples of teams going from mediocre to division champ each year. Look at Pittsburgh ,Look at Indy. I think every year is different and depending on a few moves and a few breaks things can change in a hurry. This is a bad year to benchmark. the common denominator for mediocrity for the cowboys is not so much where you pick but whos doing the picking

The goal is to win Superbowls..

Winning a division championship is almost meaningless.

They're also looking like they are going to let almost half the league into the playoffs eventually making the division championship even more meaningless.

Dallas needs difference making players. They need to add someone electric to the team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No one wants to play us in the playoffs.

tenor.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

100%.......

starfan1

Reaction score
The goal is to win Superbowls..

Winning a division championship is almost meaningless.

They're also looking like they are going to let almost half the league into the playoffs eventually making the division championship even more meaningless.

Dallas needs difference making players. They need to add someone electric to the team.

You mean like Zeke, or like Taco or Jaylon or LVE, Mo Claiborne maybe its how they use their pick IMO. The jets and WFT are perennial top 5 pickers and how close are they. We could go through our past rosters and find good football players that wasnt picked in top 10. look at Zach and Tfred . I think DWare was #11. Theyve had electric as you put it they just havent put together a good defense and special teams at the same time.

again the problem isnt this pick its the pickers. In my heart i believe we are going to win the division. We may very well pick 17-25 range it might be time to start the researching for electric in that range or maybe just solid. We have a better coaching structure it seems where id the best defender in that area

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
100%.......
When we look back later..

the biggest thing I think Big Mike has done..

Is cutting those 3 guys before the Bye Week.

It got the teams attention back on football and to quit feeling sorry for themselves.

Interesting.

Very interesting.

Funny how play improves when you are faced with being fired in a world wide illness.

:mad:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
The hard thing is this: we're not drafting a QB even if we're in the top two. Dak is who this FO wants (at least for another year). The next best prospect is Sewell who would be my choice at #3 even though it's not a top priority.

After that, it becomes more blurry about best fits and where. If Dallas actually had a #4/#5 pick, I would definitely be trying to trade down anyway.

Getting sick of seeing those mocks of Surtain II at #4 - I'm not drafting any CB at #4 ever and there's no Deions anymore.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You mean like Zeke, or like Taco or Jaylon or LVE, Mo Claiborne maybe its how they use their pick IMO. The jets and WFT are perennial top 5 pickers and how close are they. We could go through our past rosters and find good football players that wasnt picked in top 10. look at Zach and Tfred . I think DWare was #11. Theyve had electric as you put it they just havent put together a good defense and special teams at the same time.

again the problem isnt this pick its the pickers. In my heart i believe we are going to win the division. We may very well pick 17-25 range it might be time to start the researching for electric in that range or maybe just solid. We have a better coaching structure it seems where id the best defender in that area

I don't mind how the Cowboys draft. In general I think it's something they are decent at when compared to most of the league.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Niners are very well coach team and have very good qb. Jimmy G might be back that week. That might not be an easy win.

There are no easy wins, but the schedule is very manageable to think they have a better shot of winning the division then they do getting a top 3 pick in the draft.