Current News

triplets_93

Reaction score
New Details Emerge About The Impressive Response From The Good Samaritan Who Stopped Mall Shooting

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...-the-good-samaritan-who-stopped-mall-shooting

Police said that 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken had no prior police training and no military background and that he learned to shoot from his grandfather, CNN reported.

Dicken was at the mall Sunday with his girlfriend when the shooter emerged from the bathroom and opened fire on unsuspecting shoppers. What happened next in terms of his performance in neutralizing the shooter was simply amazing.

Dicken, using a 9mm Glock pistol, fired off 10 rounds, hitting the shooter eight times in the span of only 15 seconds and from a distance of about 40 yards away.

Greenwood Police Chief James Ison revealed in a statement Tuesday afternoon that he had made an error in previously saying that Dicken had neutralized the shooter in two minutes and that he wanted to correct the record, WRTV Indianapolis reported.

The Wall Street Journal’s Editorial Board noted that it appears that Dicken was lawfully carrying his pistol under the state’s new law that allows people to carry handguns without a permit.

“We could not find that he had a permit,” Ison said. “He was carrying legally under the constitutional carry law.”

The Daily Wire previously reported that more Americans trust a Good Samaritan armed with a gun to stop a mass shooting than police officers or federal agents, according to a Convention of States Action and Trafalgar Group survey of Americans.

The new survey found that more Americans believe that their best protection in a mass shooting situation is a nearby armed civilian, rather than police officers or federal agents. Respondents chose armed citizens as the best protection by 41.8% to 25.1% for local police and 10.3% for federal agents. About a fifth of people chose none of the above — 22.8%.

nobody

Reaction score
New Details Emerge About The Impressive Response From The Good Samaritan Who Stopped Mall Shooting

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-...-the-good-samaritan-who-stopped-mall-shooting

Police said that 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken had no prior police training and no military background and that he learned to shoot from his grandfather, CNN reported.

Dicken was at the mall Sunday with his girlfriend when the shooter emerged from the bathroom and opened fire on unsuspecting shoppers. What happened next in terms of his performance in neutralizing the shooter was simply amazing.

Dicken, using a 9mm Glock pistol, fired off 10 rounds, hitting the shooter eight times in the span of only 15 seconds and from a distance of about 40 yards away.

Greenwood Police Chief James Ison revealed in a statement Tuesday afternoon that he had made an error in previously saying that Dicken had neutralized the shooter in two minutes and that he wanted to correct the record, WRTV Indianapolis reported.

The Wall Street Journal’s Editorial Board noted that it appears that Dicken was lawfully carrying his pistol under the state’s new law that allows people to carry handguns without a permit.

“We could not find that he had a permit,” Ison said. “He was carrying legally under the constitutional carry law.”

The Daily Wire previously reported that more Americans trust a Good Samaritan armed with a gun to stop a mass shooting than police officers or federal agents, according to a Convention of States Action and Trafalgar Group survey of Americans.

The new survey found that more Americans believe that their best protection in a mass shooting situation is a nearby armed civilian, rather than police officers or federal agents. Respondents chose armed citizens as the best protection by 41.8% to 25.1% for local police and 10.3% for federal agents. About a fifth of people chose none of the above — 22.8%.

Those are pretty stunning numbers, and damning for police officers and feds.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Good thing that young man didn't have to wait for that so called Uvalde chain of commands. Something tells me he wouldn't have waited anyway. That's why he's a true hero.

There's tweet out there that said "One 22 yr old man at an Indiana mall was more effective than 400 law enforcement officers at Uvalde."

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There's tweet out there that said "One 22 yr old man at an Indiana mall was more effective than 400 law enforcement officers at Uvalde."
So true. Here's the young man. Elisjsha Dicken
f73a6c42-7c5d-485d-880b-d37c6a6df576-Image-1.jpg

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...led-greenwood-park-mall-suspsect/65375869007/

triplets_93

Reaction score
The natural-color images above were acquired on July 6, 2000, and July 3, 2022, by Landsat 7 and Landsat 8. The detailed images below also include a view from Landsat 8 on July 8, 2021 (middle). The light-colored fringes along the shorelines in 2021 and 2022 are mineralized areas of the lakeshore that were formerly underwater when the reservoir was filled closer to capacity.

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/150111/lake-mead-keeps-dropping

jnday

Reaction score
What really puzzles me is Uvalde is in the middle of a very pro-gun area and I thought that there would have been numerous people, including cops, that would have run to end the threat caused by the shooter. Maybe cops have become scared of the consequences that comes from shooting a suspect. I can understand why a cop wouldn’t want his picture all over the evening news because he is likely to be charged for murder. I am sure that cops have those discussions with their families, friends and co-workers concerning the consequences for doing their jobs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What really puzzles me is Uvalde is in the middle of a very pro-gun area and I thought that there would have been numerous people, including cops, that would have run to end the threat caused by the shooter. Maybe cops have become scared of the consequences that comes from shooting a suspect. I can understand why a cop wouldn’t want his picture all over the evening news because he is likely to be charged for murder. I am sure that cops have those discussions with their families, friends and co-workers concerning the consequences for doing their jobs.
I don't think most cops would think twice about the possible consequences of killing a mass shooter in the act...regardless of what that shooter looked like.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Other infant formula makers besides Abbott have faced Cronobacter contamination and operational deficiencies, documents show

https://abcnews.go.com/US/infant-fo...r-contamination-operational/story?id=87268233

Some of the operational deficiencies that helped trigger the massive shutdown of Abbott Nutrition's infant formula plant earlier this year have also been found at some other companies' factories, according to an ABC News investigation of some of the other formula makers that have stepped in to help fill empty American grocery shelves in the midst of the critical nationwide shortage.

The pathogen that prompted those concerns, Cronobacter sakazakii, can be widely found in the environment -- but in infants, it can be deadly.