Current odds on where Belichick will be coaching next year: Cowboys 1

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
what did jimmy do without Aikman?......nothing, 1 playoff game
you guys look at this with tunnel vision lol.
Who drafted brady? sat him a year, then replaced a franchise qb with brady , and chose brady over bledsoe for the SB.
Belechick is mainly a defense mastermind, he would have to have a good oc.
Every coach needs a good qb, take mahomes away from reid and they arent going to champ game or SB.
Reid has taken another QB actually, but for sure the QB/HC matters the most no doubt. Would Jerry give BB the control he needs to fix what has killed this Franchise for 28 years? i dont think so..so we would get a watered down BB who is just looking for a few wins and a twilight exit ..just my opinion of course.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Reid has taken another QB actually, but for sure the QB/HC matters the most no doubt. Would Jerry give BB the control he needs to fix what has killed this Franchise for 28 years? i dont think so..so we would get a watered down BB who is just looking for a few wins and a twilight exit ..just my opinion of course.
I do not think BB is that desperate but it is possible.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
one could ask, then what was wrong with every other year he was coaching without TB? NE was not his first HC job...
one was cleveland, and what HC has had success there?
He was the main reason Parcells won those NYG superbowls, he was the DC.
The early NE SB's were won not because tom or the offense was great, but due to bills defense which was very good.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Hoody may find this year off generates just enough exposure to NFL to keep him content with a much-welcomed renewal of a personal life away from coaching.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Unless Jerry is willing to make significant changes (keeping his mouth shut), I can’t see how those two work together for even a few weeks before it boils over.

If BB is the one making significant changes, it simply represents yet another HC who is just happy for one last pay day and Jerry continues to do things “his way,” which is where the problems begin.

If one coordinator isn’t forced on BB, it’ll be the first time since hiring Johnson that Jerry didn’t pull that.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Unless Jerry is willing to make significant changes (keeping his mouth shut), I can’t see how those two work together for even a few weeks before it boils over.

If BB is the one making significant changes, it simply represents yet another HC who is just happy for one last pay day and Jerry continues to do things “his way,” which is where the problems begin.

If one coordinator isn’t forced on BB, it’ll be the first time since hiring Johnson that Jerry didn’t pull that.
I have to agree; Jethro on several occasions after BP said he would never give up that much control again; and you KNOW BB wants that. IF BB takes less, then his chances of success drop badly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I have to agree; Jethro on several occasions after BP said he would never give up that much control again; and you KNOW BB wants that. IF BB takes less, then his chances of success drop badly.
This is a guy that is rude to the media because he doesn’t want to disclose certain team info publicly.

These are the same things that Jerry can’t WAIT to blab about. One of them would need to change significantly for it to work even shorter term.

Once Stephen catches wind that BB may actually want to pursue some free agents, it’s game over, and Rex Ryan, who will make zero demands for change whatsoever is your guy on a four year deal…..all of which he will be here for whether it’s clear he is the answer or not. That dead coaching money is a real problem that is a priority to avoid. For one team anyway.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
BB will never come here because he wants more control then Jethro will give up

as hard core as he is though, would love to see the interaction between him and the soft turds on this team

This, Jed did this before and you can believe he is not ever doing that again.

Praxit

Reaction score
....this is so odd, it would never work. Sometimes the obvious, isnt so obvious.

gtb1943

Reaction score
This is a guy that is rude to the media because he doesn’t want to disclose certain team info publicly.

These are the same things that Jerry can’t WAIT to blab about. One of them would need to change significantly for it to work even shorter term.

Once Stephen catches wind that BB may actually want to pursue some free agents, it’s game over, and Rex Ryan, who will make zero demands for change whatsoever is your guy on a four year deal…..all of which he will be here for whether it’s clear he is the answer or not. That dead coaching money is a real problem that is a priority to avoid. For one team anyway.
interesting take

Hardline

Reaction score
what did jimmy do without Aikman?......nothing, 1 playoff game
you guys look at this with tunnel vision lol.
Who drafted brady? sat him a year, then replaced a franchise qb with brady , and chose brady over bledsoe for the SB.
Belechick is mainly a defense mastermind, he would have to have a good oc.
Every coach needs a good qb, take mahomes away from reid and they arent going to champ game or SB.
What's Bill Belechick ever done without Tom Brady?
It is you with tunnel vision.

Bagman

Reaction score
What's Bill Belechick ever done without Tom Brady?
By your logic, Andy Reid sucks because he didn't win anything without Mahomes. Jimmy Johnson sucks because he didn't win anything without Aikman. And Chuck Noll sucked because he didn't win anything without Bradshaw.
Or maybe......they were a great HC/QB combo who worked together to win championships. Saying Belichick sucks might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen or heard on a football forum. Good lord.

Bagman

Reaction score
one could ask, then what was wrong with every other year he was coaching without TB? NE was not his first HC job...
What happened to the years the Pats DIDN'T win the SB when Brady WAS THERE ? How come they didn't win the SB EVERY YEAR? You guys are saying Brady won all those SBs, not Belichick. So.......why didn't Brady win every single year ?

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
By your logic, Andy Reid sucks because he didn't win anything without Mahomes. Jimmy Johnson sucks because he didn't win anything without Aikman. And Chuck Noll sucked because he didn't win anything without Bradshaw.
Or maybe......they were a great HC/QB combo who worked together to win championships. Saying Belichick sucks might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen or heard on a football forum. Good lord.
Damn, with this, Andy Reid might be the greatest coach ever. Between 2000-2004, he got consistently closer to a Super Bowl win without a HoF QB than the others.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Walsh and Joe Montana..