Current Playoff Standings

alancdc

Reaction score
DTK;2453923 said:
You need to do the history. Chicago is named the windy city because of its politics, not the weather.

This must be a joke. Ever been to Chicago? It isn't the windy city because of politics.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
alancdc;2453932 said:
This must be a joke. Ever been to Chicago? It isn't the windy city because of politics.

There's a lot of wind in other places too, but it's mostly just people having gas.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2453917 said:
I blame it all on the Saints. Garcia had 9/23 passing today. How do you win the game with those kind of numbers??

The Saints can't seem to get up for these types of game, but if it was against the Cowboys, watch out.
I feel like you just kicked me in the nads when I see that.

DTK

Reaction score
alancdc;2453932 said:
I've been to Chicago MANY times and I'm quite aware of the fact that the wind does blow there. But google "the windy city" title for Chicago and get back with me. Has to do with politics at the turn of the century, nothing to do with the weather.

Just saying...

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Panch;2453931 said:
I still think they're gonna come back to earth in December. As do I with Carolina.

Well keep dreaming-we all keep saying every week how those 2 teams would fade into oblivion. If they're not now, I can't see how they'll magically do so now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge;2453905 said:
Anyone who would rather play Arizona than Chicago hasn't been paying attention........IMO/FWIW........ ;)

Neither one worries me. Bring them on.

alancdc;2453932 said:

It is windy. We would still destroy Chicago. AZ is more dangerous as Sarge knows.

alancdc

Reaction score
My apologies. I would absolutely play Chi rather than AZ. Geographic conditions in the area (e.g., proximity to Lake Michigan, local prevailing winds, etc.) make Chicago a naturally breezy area. Another contributing factor is how the city was rebuilt after the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. Planners modeled new streets on the grid system. This resulted in man-made wind tunnels in high density areas, such as the Loop, as the wind could travel down the columns and rows formed by the buildings and pick up speed. However, regardless of these facts, Chicago is not noted to be significantly windier than any other US city. For example, the average annual wind speed (mph) of Chicago is 10.3, New York City, Central Park 9.3, Boston 12.4 and Los Angeles 7.5[1].

This "windy" explanation is from the Freeborn County Standard of Albert Lea, Minnesota, November 20, 1892 (digitized citation available on NewspaperARCHIVE.com}:

Chicago has been called the “windy” city, the term being used metaphorically to make out that Chicagoans were braggarts. The city is losing this reputation, for the reason that as people got acquainted with it they found most of her claims to be backed up by facts. As usual, people go to extremes in this thing also, and one can tell a stranger almost anything about Chicago today and feel that he believes it implicitly.
But in another sense Chicago is actually earning the title of the “windy” city. It is one of the effects of the tall buildings which engineers and architects apparently did not foresee that the wind is sucked down into the streets. Walk past the Masonic Temple or the Auditorium any day even though it may be perfectly calm elsewhere, and you will meet with a lively breeze at the base of the building that will compel you to put your hand to your hat.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2453960 said:
Well keep dreaming-we all keep saying every week how those 2 teams would fade into oblivion. If they're not now, I can't see how they'll magically do so now.
Dreaming is for people scared of reality. Atlanta hasnt beaten any teams above .500 on the road all season and they have two of em in the next three weeks and not to mention, Tampa Bay being squeezed between those two.

Carolina just hasnt impressed me and their December schedule is killer, especially if the Giants dont rest their starters in Week #16.

Washington came down to earth recently and I see one of these teams, if not both, slipping.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Doomsday;2453506 said:
We need Carolina to win that division since we have the tie breaker on TB.

Not necessarily. If Tampa Bay wins out and takes the South at 13-3, or beats the Panthers and Falcons and wins the division at 12-4, that also would help us. If Tampa beats Atlanta, that gives the Falcons five losses and gives us the tiebreaker over Atlanta. And if Tampa beats Carolina, that gives the Panthers four losses, with the possibility of a fifth against the Giants (or Broncos or Saints). Also, if the Panthers lose to the Bucs and the Giants, we would have the tiebreaker over Carolina, as long as we beat the Giants. Tampa Bay finishing 13-3 not only would help us make the playoffs at 12-4, it also could help us make the playoffs at 11-5.

tiny tim

Reaction score
Sometimes it's hard for me to know what I want to happen in the NFC. There are so many ways that this wildcard race can play out. One thing that is always clear is I want the Cowboys to win.

Now as for who the Cowboys play if they make the playoffs. Well I believe that they can beat anyone no matter where they play. In the playoffs anything can happen. It will be harder for us to win as a wildcard, but we will still have a chance to win the NFC and go to the Super Bowl.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's up with TB and Atl?

Don't they know they are screwing with our playoffs?

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
It's in our hands. we dont have to depend on anyone else. we have to keep winning to get in the playoffs.PERIOD! we dont need to be sitting around hoping someone do our job for us. we have got to beat pittsburgh.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
So if the playoffs started next weekend... we would be on the outside looking in?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It's annoying - I think that both Dallas and Washington are better than either TB or Atlanta, but somehow both of those teams are on the inside and Dallas and Washington is trying to nudge in.