Video: Current team reminds Aikman of the 92 team

Flamma

Reaction score
Best teams ever. No team today could beat the Cowboys, the 49ers, the Bills, or the Eagles from 1992. All four of those teams were stacked.

Even the Houston Oilers. They'd put up like 50+ on most of the teams in this current league. A HOF QB with about 4-5 good WRs and a decent combo at RB. The last time I saw an offense similar to that was the greatest show on turf. Today you can't pay them all.

That's what I liked about those decades of the past. You got to see some really amazing teams get built. Today a team has to get lucky to have multiple impact players on both sides of the ball usually through late round picks surprising everyone. Then they can't keep the team together. Heck, Dallas doesn't have Jaylon Smith if not for the injury.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That is so true. Remember watching that game. I was so nervous. I kept changing the channel. Nobody gave us much of a chance out there. I was plenty nervous heading into the SB too. After the blowout in the SB started it was such a great feeling because we all were laughed at for so long. It'll be even a better feeling this time because the wait has been longer.
Not one person thought we could win that game, including Cowboys fans, except Jimmy Johnson.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I wish fans would stop overreacting. Both ways.
Aikman isn't saying the two teams are exactly the same, he's simply saying that this team reminds him of the run they had on the 92 team. He doesn't compare individual players.
Really?

He is talking about DAK at the beginning of the interview and refers to the fact he reminds him of Staubach with the 4th Qt. performances.

listen again..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing that falls short in the comparison is the consistency in the offense. The 1992 Cowboys offense was much more reliable and consistent week to week.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Really?

He is talking about DAK at the beginning of the interview and refers to the fact he reminds him of Staubach with the 4th Qt. performances.

listen again..
That wasn't my point. The title of the thread is what? I was responding to all of those who are suggesting Aikman is comparing the two teams. It was NOT in reference to anything about Prescott.
All Aikman said was that the current team reminds him of the push they had in the 90's. He did not compare the teams or players.

So maybe you should listen again?

cern

Reaction score
he seemed most effusive in his praise of dak despite saying just a week ago he didn't have the accuracy gene. the rest, a stroll down memory for troy.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That wasn't my point. The title of the thread is what? I was responding to all of those who are suggesting Aikman is comparing the two teams. It was NOT in reference to anything about Prescott.
All Aikman said was that the current team reminds him of the push they had in the 90's. He did not compare the teams or players.

So maybe you should listen again?

Bro..

I listen to so much and read so much on the Cowboys..

it all blends together.

It is just that 2 people can read or see the same thing and interprete it differently.

That is why police question multiple witness becuz everybody sees differently.

They are not right or wrong.

People here get too caught up in absolutes.

It gets tiresome frankly.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm rooting for our guys. Buy compares to the '92 team? Nah. We have too many flaws, being realistically, and that '92 team was near perfect. I felt better about the 2016 and 2014 teams than I do about this one.
The competition from the NFC was better back then than it is now. Comparatively speaking, this team can stand against any of these teams.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm rooting for our guys. Buy compares to the '92 team? Nah. We have too many flaws, being realistically, and that '92 team was near perfect. I felt better about the 2016 and 2014 teams than I do about this one.
I feel better about the mental and emotional state of this team than teams in the past. I hate to say it so I'm not going to say the losers name but in 2014 and 2016 it felt like whatever could go wrong was going to go wrong. They were an accident waiting to happen. I think that's why it was so important to me to win against the Giants in the way that they did and beat Seattle in the way they did because that established a different mind set with this team. The past teams seemed to play not to lose and already have built in excuses why they would lose. This team in the last 2 months, excluding the Colts game, has gone out and won and taken it away from other teams. They have a feel for going out and beating a team and not waiting for the other team to screw up or lose. Different swagger to this team. I'm wondering of Troy is referring to the confidence and swagger this team has. No Cowboy team will ever match the 92 and 93 talent. Not in the salary cap era. IMO