Image: Current view of Soldier Field

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard the wind chill will be below zero tonight. We're about to learn what the Cowboys are made of.

anava

Reaction score
Will be a fun game to watch (I hope). I enjoy watching games on grass fields, the grass stains and dirt/ mud just seems where football should be played.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So these are not blizzard conditions, but just cold and somewhat windy.
There might be more points thatn I originally thought. That's not the type of weather to stop and offense, unless maybe the wind really cranks up.
Basically, these condition are much more like the Cowboys/Gaints game than that Eagles/Lions game yesterday.

BTW, I love stadiums that have the actual city in the background.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
So these are not blizzard conditions, but just cold and somewhat windy.
There might be more points thatn I originally thought. That's not the type of weather to stop and offense, unless maybe the wind really cranks up.
Basically, these condition are much more like the Cowboys/Gaints game than that Eagles/Lions game yesterday.

What some may not realize is that playing football is hard! Wearing gear, running around, adrenaline and concentration on the game, there are a lot of factors that can beat the cold for football players. Standing on the sidelines is not one of them.

I have snow skied here in Utah with temps in the 20's and once you get going downhill, you never even feel the cold, and sking is not exerting as much energy to keep warm as playing football.

Listening to Fredbeard, Romo, and a few others in their interviews said that playing in cold weather is not that big of a deal. And, Fredbeard actually said he prefers to play in cold rather that hot days.

Titleist

Reaction score
What some may not realize is that playing football is hard! Wearing gear, running around, adrenaline and concentration on the game, there are a lot of factors that can beat the cold for football players. Standing on the sidelines is not one of them.

I have snow skied here in Utah with temps in the 20's and once you get going downhill, you never even feel the cold, and sking is not exerting as much energy to keep warm as playing football.

Listening to Fredbeard, Romo, and a few others in their interviews said that playing in cold weather is not that big of a deal. And, Fredbeard actually said he prefers to play in cold rather that hot days.

Not surprisingly coming from a Wisconsin boy. 20 degrees and windy is probably balmy for him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not surprisingly coming from a Wisconsin boy. 20 degrees and windy is probably balmy for him.

Some posters say that Romo has been living in Dallas for so long that he does not know cold anymore. Bull crap! Once you have lived in cold, you never forget it, or how to handle it.

Cold can be tolerated. Rain, sleet or snow is what becomes a problem because of eyesight and footing. Other than that playing in cold weather is actually not that bad.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some posters say that Romo has been living in Dallas for so long that he does not know cold anymore. Bull crap! Once you have lived in cold, you never forget it, or how to handle it.

Would you say the same is true for hot, especially Texas hot?

I grew up and lived in Houston for 37 years then moved to Cali for four. We just came back this past September and the heat almost killed us. We lost our adaptation for it in that short time. I don't want to imagine July or August.

For me, I can tolerate the heat but not the cold, it is a different animal. Maybe I can't from never living up North but I think I can re-learn how to deal with the Texas summer.

DFWJC

Reaction score

You picked two guys from Wisconsin.
But if you look at dallas' roster, there are plenty of others that don't give the impression that low tempertaure would faze them at all. Certainly not Carr, Witten, or Lee. Just to name a few.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
I'm in Phoenix, and it was 27 degrees this morning! I'm from the East Coast, but 27 is 27 EVERYWHERE!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Would you say the same is true for hot, especially Texas hot?

I grew up and lived in Houston for 37 years then moved to Cali for four. We just came back this past September and the heat almost killed us. We lost our adaptation for it in that short time. I don't want to imagine July or August.

For me, I can tolerate the heat but not the cold, it is a different animal. Maybe I can't from never living up North but I think I can re-learn how to deal with the Texas summer.

I am not saying that there is not a cultural change going from one extreme to the other. What I am saying about this game is that if you have lived your life in the cold, you know how to PREPARE for it.

I grew up in Albuquerque where it is hot, then when I moved to Utah I had to totally adapt. But, when I go down to NM I know how to handle the heat.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You picked two guys from Wisconsin.
But if you look at dallas' roster, there are plenty of others that don't give the impression that low tempertaure would faze them at all. Certainly not Carr, Witten, or Lee. Just to name a few.

That is true. But, I think all the players know how to adapt to a football game in the cold, be it the Cowboys or the Bears.
Not all players grew up in the cold. I just don't think cold weather plays a factor. Rain, sleet, snow, yeah.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I'm in Phoenix, and it was 27 degrees this morning! I'm from the East Coast, but 27 is 27 EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, but 27 degrees isn't 15 degrees. 27 degrees is manageable, even semi-comfortable, if the sun is shining. 15 degrees is cold, even if the sun is shining. And there won't be any sun tonight.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Don't know what it is exactly, but that just looks cold.

yes it is cold & it is hard.

In Texas during winter the ground you think is hard is like a pillow compared to this.

theSHOW

Reaction score
my
I live in Boston and have been to a few Patriots playoff games. As long as you dress warm and in layers it is plenty enjoyable to attend a game even in sub-freezing weather.
question is ...what are you doing following the Patriots around during the playoffs? haha

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Ya, I left my apartment only once today to go grab a burrito. I can confirm to all of you that it is cold as **** out there!

However, the burrito was delicious ;)

Now I am hibernating for the rest of the night with my food baby. Sucks one of my roommates is a Bears fan.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Southern California and moved to St Louis 10 years ago due to amazing employment offer and I hate Midwest winters, hate cold, can't wait for spring, lol

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I live in Boston and have been to a few Patriots playoff games. As long as you dress warm and in layers it is plenty enjoyable to attend a game even in sub-freezing weather.

Chicago is colder than Boston, but ya once you're used to the cold and have a beer coat on it can be enjoyable.