Cut Brad Johnson NOW!!!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EveryoneElse;2393732 said:
I don't see Johnson's value to this team.

I don't either.

But take note of this team's total lack of accountability when it comes to poor play.

There are plenty of culprits at this point who have played consistantly poorly over several games - yet no changes are made - anywhere.

The only way this team's lineup changes is due to injury, otherwise you don't lose your 'spot' no matter how ineffective you play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6TerenceNewman;2393387 said:
The Cowboys Should Cut Brad Johnson Right Now! He Has To Be The Worst Quarterback In The Nfl.
Worst? Maybe, maybe not.

Bottom line - he won't get cut during the season.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2393435 said:
If I am not mistaken, Bollinger has some experience holding.
& he did so much of that today. :banghead:

VoR

Reaction score
Nonsense.

If we cut him now how will we beat the Giants with him the next time around?

....as per Jerry Jones

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
We've got two weeks to get another Back up.

There has to be someone in the Canadian league, Arena league ,somewhere!!!!!!:bang2::bang2:

Derinyar

Reaction score
Brad Johnson probably won't be cut, but at this point I think he probably should be. Keep Bollinger around and pick up some young kid off of someones practice squad for 3rd.

I just don't see how Johnson can win a game without the defense standing on its head. Hes an immobile target with a questionable arm and seemingly a lack of accuracy now.

If something should lead to the firing of Wade, and possibly Garrett, it should be thinking Brad Johnson was capable of being a successful backup in this league.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2393927 said:
We've got two weeks to get another Back up.

There has to be someone in the Canadian league, Arena league ,somewhere!!!!!!:bang2::bang2:
I just don't believe the team will at this point. They cannot afford to pull the plug in the middle of the season despite fan discontent.

Other than Tim Rattay I doubt there's an option. He isn't much of one at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394114 said:
I just don't believe the team will at this point. They cannot afford to pull the plug in the middle of the season despite fan discontent.

Other than Tim Rattay I doubt there's an option. He isn't much of one at this point.

Honestly, what 'plug' is left to pull?

Johnson clearly showed he's washed up.

If the team feels Bollinger has any upside, fine keep him.

But I think they should do something at the position and give 'the new guy' two weeks to try to fit in.

I don't think the results could be worse.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394165 said:
Honestly, what 'plug' is left to pull?

Johnson clearly showed he's washed up.

If the team feels Bollinger has any upside, fine keep him.

But I think they should do something at the position and give 'the new guy' two weeks to try to fit in.

I don't think the results could be worse.
Look, I would love it. I do not like Brad Johnson and never have. Commanders fans laughed at us when we got him. I hate that. I just don't think it is realistic.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394173 said:
Look, I would love it. I do not like Brad Johnson and never have. Commanders fans laughed at us when we got him. I hate that. I just don't think it is realistic.

You're probably right.

One of my biggest issues is how this team seems so resistant to change.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If Bollinger had started it would have been a closer game...

BadKarma

Reaction score
BJ isn't going to get cut at this point in the season, regardless of how bad he is. And I seriously doubt Brad is ever going to see the field from here on out. His days as an NFL QB are long gone after his dismal last three games...which is clearly why he should be cut.

If we need someone to run the scout team, then let's find someone who can throw the ball with some effectiveness to give our defense a real QB to challenge during practice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394217 said:
You're probably right.

One of my biggest issues is how this team seems so resistant to change.
It isn't just this team. It's just that we have emotional ties to this one. Show me where the Bears waived Rex Grossman after the last 2 years of media and fan doubts. I missed it.

Tell me there were not threads calling for Romo to be benched earlier this year. Tell me now how those fans were right. I want to bow to them, but I don't know how.

Reaction score
Hostile;2394173 said:

So are the Philly fans. The had special highlights of the Cowboys game and said the Cowboys are done as they LOL!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394245 said:
It isn't just this team. It's just that we have emotional ties to this one. Show me where the Bears waived Rex Grossman after the last 2 years of media and fan doubts. I missed it.

And where did that get them? I know so many teams are resistant to change and admitting they made a mistake. There's a fine line between being knee-jerk and sticking with something too long.

Hostile said:
Tell me there were not threads calling for Romo to be benched earlier this year. Tell me now how those fans were right. I want to bow to them, but I don't know how.

There may have been.

But I probably felt they were so off base that I didn't bother to read them.

Reaction score
stasheroo;2394278 said:
And where did that get them? I know so many teams are resistant to change and admitting they made a mistake. There's a fine line between being knee-jerk and sticking with something too long.

There may have been.

Brad Johnson can't play is right!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394278 said:
I'm sorry, I assumed the point was "this team" is slow to react. I simply contradicted that thinking. It is not just this team. I am not saying the Bears are right or we are. I am saying due to the salary cap and the difficulty of bringing anyone right off the streets to contribute teams do not over react and make mid season mvoes very often. I was merely citing example.

There may have been.

Of course there were. Like I said somewhere else. If we fired or waived every player that there has been a demand for this season we could not field a team or coaching staff. Yet it's not over reacting?

Okay...