Cut Brad Johnson NOW!!!!!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2393475 said:
I always love threads that have no chance of happening. The hell with rationale.

You're forgetting something important. All we need to do is call Rent-a-QB. That's all. It's expensive but worth it. It's time to make that move IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394314 said:
I'm sorry, I assumed the point was "this team" is slow to react. I simply contradicted that thinking. It is not just this team. I am not saying the Bears are right or we are. I am saying due to the salary cap and the difficulty of bringing anyone right off the streets to contribute teams do not over react and make mid season mvoes very often. I was merely citing example.

Not for me, like you, my only concern is what this team does. And my point isn't simply a 'cut everybody' approach.

Of course there were. Like I said somewhere else. If we fired or waived every player that there has been a demand for this season we could not field a team or coaching staff. Yet it's not over reacting?

Okay...[/quote]

I can only speak for myself, but I think some guys need to sit. Or in Johnson's case, be gone. Cutting him shouldn't hurt this team's cap too much. But I would also like to see underachievers like Adams sat down. Today's game wasn't an isolated example of his struggles.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394357 said:
Not for me, like you, my only concern is what this team does. And my point isn't simply a 'cut everybody' approach.

I can only speak for myself, but I think some guys need to sit. Or in Johnson's case, be gone. Cutting him shouldn't hurt this team's cap too much. But I would also like to see underachievers like Adams sat down. Today's game wasn't an isolated example of his struggles.
Prediction...

By season's end Adams will have a great game where he makes a difference. I would sit him for a game if he is really this hurt. Maybe the bye will help him.

The point is, sitting someone to put a lesser talent in the game is hardly a wise solution. I do not like the way Adams is playing either, but tell me an option. Is Adams sitting permanently? Rather than just rant and rave I'd like to see a solution.

I can't stand Johnson. I like Vinny better. That is how bad I don't like him. I would take Bledsoe back. It is that bad. There simply isn't a better solution to be offered at this point.

We need Romo. That is more evident than ever. Cutting Brad Johnson doesn't solve anything except I no longer have to see him. That and 5 bucks will buy me a latte at Starbucks. Whoop dee doo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2394406 said:
Prediction...

By season's end Adams will have a great game where he makes a difference. I would sit him for a game if he is really this hurt. Maybe the bye will help him.

The point is, sitting someone to put a lesser talent in the game is hardly a wise solution. I do not like the way Adams is playing either, but tell me an option. Is Adams sitting permanently? Rather than just rant and rave I'd like to see a solution.

I would play Free or McQuistan. And if neither is capable of doing that, I contend that they shouldn't be here. It's the James Marten thing all over again. Why keep a guy around who can't play? Shuffle the deck, churn the bottom of the roster, whatever you want to call it. But if Free or McQ aren't an option with Flo badly hurting then they shouldn't be here.

Hostile said:
I can't stand Johnson. I like Vinny better. That is how bad I don't like him. I would take Bledsoe back. It is that bad. There simply isn't a better solution to be offered at this point.

I'd have to look around, but I think a young guy with potential upside would be better than that dead end.

Hostile said:
We need Romo. That is more evident than ever. Cutting Brad Johnson doesn't solve anything except I no longer have to see him. That and 5 bucks will buy me a latte at Starbucks. Whoop dee doo.

It might provide a "John Roper/Curvin Richards" message to some of the team's underachievers. But if the guy can't contribute, he shouldn't be here.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Brad's from Georgia, right?

I figure that if the plane doesn't pass directly over that area from New Jersey to DFW, a nice westerly breeze will push his parachute close enough.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2394437 said:
I would play Free or McQuistan. And if neither is capable of doing that, I contend that they shouldn't be here. It's the James Marten thing all over again. Why keep a guy around who can't play? Shuffle the deck, churn the bottom of the roster, whatever you want to call it. But if Free or McQ aren't an option with Flo badly hurting then they shouldn't be here.
I see no reason to believe they are a solution.

I'd have to look around, but I think a young guy with potential upside would be better than that dead end.
Even if there is (which I think is highly doubtful) how long before he is ready?

It might provide a "John Roper/Curvin Richards" message to some of the team's underachievers. But if the guy can't contribute, he shouldn't be here.
I'm not against it. I just doubt it will happen. It's like the GROZ stuff. Did anyone really believe he was going to be gone in mid season? Or Bruce "Lloyd Christmas" Read?

After the season, I will join anyone in a freak out/over reaction. In season, I see no purpose to it. It isn't even worth venting about most of the time.

dacoming

Reaction score
Romo also threw an interception on his first NFL pass. BB started to settle down a little. That being said, he's nothing more than a third stringer.

thundercowboy

Reaction score
What about that kid who played for Louisville U. last year?
Brian something.
He was very accurate.
Dallas should have drafted a qb this year or at least grabbed Colt Brennan before the Commanders did.
Maybe they can make some kind of deal to get Kevin Kolb away from Philly, I doubt that the Eagles would do it direct, but Jerry might be able to wheel and deal away thru another team.
Pick up Kitna in the off season.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
Good way to send a message to a junky playing team .. And a junky coached team.. Wouldnt be a bad idea---- cut Johnson now.. Please put foot down and start sending a message to players and coaches...