Cut Day Thread

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
At this point, biggest questions are in the secondary. Do we go five deep at CB or six and if so, who gets the ax?

I expect Wright stays on and we carry six.

erod

Reaction score
"Released with positive game film..."

Soft.

If you day everybody had a great camp, then nobody had a great camp.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Surprised but not surprised to see Carlos Watkins go

I didn't think they would do it. Funny thing is that I believe he's eligible for the practice squad under the new rules. I really had trouble trimming the DTs, so I'm kind of glad we stuck with our younger guys.

However, it's possible we bring him back when we move Washington and Tyron to short-term IR.

Last edited:

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I didn't think they would do it. Funny thing is that I believe he's eligible for the practice squad under the new rules. I really had trouble trimming the DTs, so I'm kind of glad we stuck with our younger guys.

I believe he's one of those vet releases that will be back once players are placed on IR to return.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Players left to have a decision on.

QB, Grier or Rush or do they keep both.
WR, Houston, and what to do with Washington, probably make the team, move to IR. Then bring Watkins back possibly.
RB, good to go
TE, good to go, or should be
OL, Ball, Waletzko, Alarcon, maybe Farniok.

LB, Harper, Jefferson, Gifford
DL, Bashem, Ridgeway, (could bring back Watkins), possible trade a player,
DB, Goodwin, Bland, Bell (one never knows), Wright. Possibly move Makuamu (groin), Joseph (concussion), Lewis (hamstring?) to short term IR.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Good actually. Probably means Hendershot is on the team.

His upside blows away that of McKeon, who is kind of redundant on this roster anyway.
I think his injury is part of why he was cut. But how is he redundant? He is nothing like our other TEs. He was our only blocking TE on a team with possibly a crappy blocking OL that wants to run the ball a lot

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I believe he's one of those vet releases that will be back once players are placed on IR to return.

Just added that to my post. I agree that he could be, especially since we haven't cut some of the usual suspects for that yet.

morasp

Reaction score
Le'Raven Clark's draft profile

Overview
Clark is an ascending left tackle prospect with the elite foot quickness and length that NFL teams simply don’t pass up for very long. Clark could still use more muscle on his frame and will need to be much more consistent with his technique rather than just relying on his length if he is to reach his full potential in the pros. Left tackles with his potential in pass protection carry first round value and Clark has a Pro Bowl upside with the floor of an average NFL starter.
Strengths
  • Possesses good thickness through his rear and thighs helping him drop and anchor
  • Plays with outstanding foot quickness in his pass sets
  • Able to mirror head-faking pass rushers like a cornerback with ability to shift weight and change directions seamlessly
  • Uses choppy, controlled slides in pass sets instead of long, protracted kick-slides
  • Able to shut down darting inside moves with relative ease
  • Blessed with exceptionally long arms
  • Uses length and excellent timing to get hands on edge rushers quickly disrupting their gameplan
  • Has athleticism to effectively recover and fight back when he gets beaten
  • When he gets hands on defender and locks out, it is over
  • Has impressive sink steps inside to wall of B-gap against twists and the backside in running game
  • Does adequate job of sustaining blocks
  • Plus lateral quickness off the snap
  • Can reach and seal the edge in run game
  • Accelerates into angle blocks, runs his feet and washes defender down
  • As base blocker, has ability to strike, turn and pin defensive ends on off-tackle runs his way
  • Instinctive and proactive against twists

TexasBacon

Reaction score
"Released with positive game film..."

Soft.

If you day everybody had a great camp, then nobody had a great camp.

Come on man. There's no need to be Mr. Tough Guy when players who have worked insanely hard to get here are getting some bad news. Besides, this is the teams media staff doing this. Plenty of actual bad things to complain about with this team instead of nit picking at something decent.