Cut down in 8 days

Jarntt

Reaction score
Freeman and Flournoy

also Golston with a year at his actual position of DE. He is too small to be a DT on run downs. He is a good run stopping DE. Isn’t going to do much in the pass rush though which is the problem with our Edge guys not named Micah.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s not the same player as the kid.

And Dallas needs the cap.

Plus he’s UFA after the season.
You’re right but if the Cowboys are going into the last game of the season needing a win to get in the playoffs and Dak is out, who do you want as QB, Rush or Lance?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, I watched and and I saw the plays where he had huge holes to run through that any running back could have done the same.

He was not breaking tackles though. He avoided tackles a couple of times by making great moves, which is why I already pointed out he is quick and shifty.

However, every time someone got their hands on him (not swiped at him as he ran by, but actually got their hands on him), his progress was stopped abruptly .. just like last season.

Vaughn is quick and shifty and when he can avoid getting touched, he can gets some yards.

That said, Sproles was great because he was frustratingly hard to tackle, not because he had long runs.

Sproles amazing runs came from breaking tackles that should have been for a loss or short gain that turned into 20+ yard runs.
Dude, 6.8 yards per carry.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes, I watched and and I saw the plays where he had huge holes to run through that any running back could have done the same.

He was not breaking tackles though. He avoided tackles a couple of times by making great moves, which is why I already pointed out he is quick and shifty.

However, every time someone got their hands on him (not swiped at him as he ran by, but actually got their hands on him), his progress was stopped abruptly .. just like last season.

Vaughn is quick and shifty and when he can avoid getting touched, he can gets some yards.

That said, Sproles was great because he was frustratingly hard to tackle, not because he had long runs.

Sproles amazing runs came from breaking tackles that should have been for a loss or short gain that turned into 20+ yard runs.
He got yards when there wasn't a hole too.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I wanted Deuce to do well last season and this preseason as well, but he just hasn't shown the ability to break tackles like Sproles did.

Sproles excelled because he was quick, shifty and hard to tackle. Deuce has shown he can be quick and shifty, but he has so far not shown he can break tackles once someone gets their hands on him.

The other running backs bring more to the table than he does right now from both the short/hard yardage runs as well as protecting the quarterback.

I am not saying they should release him, but I really think they should push him to the PS this season until/unless he earns a spot on the active roster.
I think he would be picked up off waivers. I would keep him on the roster and stash Freeman on the practice squad instead. Deuce showed production and ability to get away from tackles Saturday and was a reminder what he could potentially bring, just need to see that more regularly.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Doesn't the new league rule of allowing a 3rd QB (who doesn't count on the 53 man roster...or be stolen from the practice squad) to stay allows both Rush and Lance to remain as backups?
They still count against the 53 man roster, but the rule change allows you to not need to carry 3 active qbs on game day and they can be activated in an emergency.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Julius Wood.....think there is something there...would love to see him make some special teams plays.

Blitzen

Reaction score

Sproles did not frequently break tackles to make those absurd gains. He mostly outmaneuvered the would-be tacklers. He had elite acceleration and agility and very good long speed. His time to reach top speed was some of the best I’ve ever seen-he looked like a human bumble-bee playing.