Cut down in 8 days

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Booth wasn’t traded for to be cut because he would cost us $1M in dead money. i don’t see trading for him for 2 weeks just to take on that dead money.
Stop with the "dead money" -- Now, please follow along here. Cutting him means we take a hit of 1 mill-ish. That's nothing in the NFL - that's almost the rookie minimum. No NFL owner blinks over that with a 208 million cap.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I realy don't think the team will release him, at least not this season.
The two players with special skills are being used for special speed type skills for running and receiving the ball...not returns.

shabazz

Reaction score
Who’s your pet cat to make the team?

Mine’s Deuce. May not be a reach after he showed up last Saturday, but I’ve always been rooting for him.
Pet Cat.....Undrafted safety Julius Woods.....he's a gamer and a thumper against the run

Jarntt

Reaction score
Stop with the "dead money" -- Now, please follow along here. Cutting him means we take a hit of 1 mill-ish. That's nothing in the NFL - that's almost the rookie minimum. No NFL owner blinks over that with a 208 million cap.
Stop with the half-reading and not understanding . The point is this isn't a guy we signed in March or who has been here for a couple of years. We just traded for him a week ago. The HC knows him well.. We wouldn't throw away $1M in dead money for two weeks of the preseason where we would do better to give other guys fighting for jobs snaps and when we don't have injuries and don't need camp bodies. Are you unable to process that?

exciter

Reaction score
His best season was 438 yards in 5 college season playing all 12 games in 4 of the 5. The carries the team has given him so far leans towards camp body. If there’s some juice I’d suggest he start showing it. Currently I don’t even think they’re considering him as a PS candidate!

Chasing6

Reaction score
I feel like Rush could get cut.
I don't see Rush getting cut in any scenario.

If Dak is extended, I think Trance is gone at the end of the year.

If Dak walks and Jerry rolls the dice with Trance, they will need a veteran back up QB like Rush.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They aren't cutting him. That's my opinion.
I agree he has to make the team and he needs to be used more anybody saying he's not breaking up tackles most running backs his size including Tony Pollard who's bigger obviously didn't break that many tackles but the more you run the more opportunities you have you might break some tackles,

we have too many hammers on this team wait all the backs in front of him zeke, freeman ,rico, Hunter, are all bigger physical backs that are more inclined to go up the middle have less wiggle less moves you can't have that many hammers and no nails...

we need a change of pace back,

this is the change of pace back until further notice and it's up to Mike McCarthy to put him in better situations to utilize him and the way Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy been the last few years I'm not sure they're capable of creating offensive plays and bringing in the right packages of running backs to run those plays.

I think he makes the team because he's the only different running back that could be considered the change of pace running back on this team the other guys are all the same and I think hunter might be cut unless they make him a fourth tight end because zeke is gonna be the true fullback that can also be a runner short yardage goal line move the chains and then you got Rico with a little bit more speed but not much so he makes the team so now you got a bunch of other hammers that do similar things one of those are two of those guys aren't making this team therefore it only makes sense that Vaughn gets a shot here....

blueblood70

Reaction score
His best season was 438 yards in 5 college season playing all 12 games in 4 of the 5. The carries the team has given him so far leans towards camp body. If there’s some juice I’d suggest he start showing it. Currently I don’t even think they’re considering him as a PS candidate!
They said that about Tony Pollard as well and I believe maybe in a few years that's what Pete can be he looks like him seldom used in college was typically a backup low number so you're not sure what you're getting but he has that type of body and the way he plays looks like Tony Pollard so he may not be used this year but if he can hang on the team a couple years just like Malik & rico did he might eventually make the team... Too big a numbers game this year so maybe he just gets stashed on the practice squad..

exciter

Reaction score
Pollard was a backup due to seniority players ahead of him. He still averaged 7.1 and 7.7ypc average with his chances. He showed enough to to be a 4th after just 3 seasons just on potential and talent.
Peat wasn’t even a priority FA. He was bottom of the scrap heap after everything else was picked over!