Cut Jarwin even if Schultz walks?

Xavier187

Reaction score
I would and Ill say this we would have to get one FA and a must draft prospect.
Ideally 1 of McBride Ruckert or Ferguson in the draft and either Engram or Howard.
Both of which are miss matches Engram would be perfect due to his speed and a big miss match on the field

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I would cut him to retain Schultz, but if Schultz isn't back I think you bring him back.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It sounds as if Schultz is more than likely signing elsewhere, leaving Blake Jarwin, Sean McKeon as the only Tight Ends on the roster in 2022. Jeremy Sprinkle will be a free agent as well.

Jarwin will count $5.8 million against the cap in 2022 and releasing him would free up about $4 million in cap space.

Should Dallas release him? He's literally done nothing (mainly because he can't stay healthy) since he signed that extension after a big finish in the 2019 season. But even when healthy in 2021, he didn't produce much.

Dallas will be extremely thin at TE even with Jarwin on the roster.

But I don't see how he can be relied upon.

I think cutting him, creating more cap space, drafting a TE in Round 4 or earlier and signing a Free Agent, would be the best roster moves.
Just get which ever NFC east team he went crazy on, and have them on the schedule 10 times....

jrumann59

Reaction score
I would and Ill say this we would have to get one FA and a must draft prospect.
Ideally 1 of McBride Ruckert or Ferguson in the draft and either Engram or Howard.
Both of which are miss matches Engram would be perfect due to his speed and a big miss match on the field
What the team does not have enough receivers that lose concentration and disappear....

Xavier187

Reaction score
What the team does not have enough receivers that lose concentration and disappear....

At this point he needs a QB that could throw the ball to him. He is a match up nightmare. And if you draft a young 50/50 TE then you know for a fact they both will have time on the field

jrumann59

Reaction score
At this point he needs a QB that could throw the ball to him. He is a match up nightmare. And if you draft a young 50/50 TE then you know for a fact they both will have time on the field
he has washed out on two teams, this team does not need another vertical threat.

stiletto

Reaction score
Tight end is a luxury. If we feature a runner (Pollard) that can actually run (not Zeke) a blocking TE is more conducive to success.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jarwin has had two serious injuries 2 yrs running . Yes it’s time to churn the roster.

J12B

Reaction score
If Jarwin is cut, it will be at the end of camp. There's no rush. We have his rights, and aren't on the hook for any guaranteed money.

Without him, who are we supposed to start? Jarwin is probably better than any bridge free agent we're likely to sign. He probably wasn't full healed to start the season. We have his rights for the next two seasons. McCarthy reportedly really liked his potential. It's very unlikely he's not with us next year.

I'm just thinking Dallas could use that cap space during free agency to sign a couple of key free agents.....ah who am I kidding Jones isn't signing anyone lol

You're probably right haha

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If Schultz walks that’s going to leave a big hole. Fans complain about his blocking which is an issue but he’s developed into a very good receiving TE. As for Blake Jarwin good riddance! He always has something that causes him to miss games when he’s on the field he disappears. Since he signed his contract extension 2 years ago he’s made only 12 catches for 108 yards.

Keep Schultz and cut Jarwin, he and TSmith always missing games. Fans who complain about Schultz' blocking should be complaining more about the blocking of our OL.....that was the problem. Schultz did his job on the passing game. Reliable receiver. I think McKeon might be ok, if he can stay on the field and not get injured.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Keep Schultz and cut Jarwin, he and TSmith always missing games. Fans who complain about Schultz' blocking should be complaining more about the blocking of our OL.....that was the problem. Schultz did his job on the passing game. Reliable receiver. I think McKeon might be ok, if he can stay on the field and not get injured.

If it was up to me I would cut Blake Jarwin now. No player has done less with a new contract than he has. Tyron misses a lot of games but we can’t move on from him until we find a solid replacement. He’s still pretty good when he’s healthy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
mcKen is decent. I like him. But getting rid f Schultz hurts Dak. Its a no go.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It sounds as if Schultz is more than likely signing elsewhere, leaving Blake Jarwin, Sean McKeon as the only Tight Ends on the roster in 2022. Jeremy Sprinkle will be a free agent as well.

Jarwin will count $5.8 million against the cap in 2022 and releasing him would free up about $4 million in cap space.

Should Dallas release him? He's literally done nothing (mainly because he can't stay healthy) since he signed that extension after a big finish in the 2019 season. But even when healthy in 2021, he didn't produce much.

I think cutting him, creating more cap space, drafting a TE in Round 4 or earlier and signing a Free Agent, would be the best roster moves.
We need a TE that can block and catch.
That's not Shultz.

CWR

Reaction score

The way the ball gets funneled to the TE imagine a guy like Pitts. Obviously we are all thrilled with Parsons, but had we somehow gotten Pitts we could seriously consider releasing or trading Coop. As it stands losing Coop would be a terrible blow to the offense.

If Dak is going to target the TE so often it would be nice to have a guy with some elite tools.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

they will tag Schultz.