Cut Mike White

John813

Reaction score
If the Titans decide to go with youth at backup QB and decide not to keep the 31 year old former Dolphins QB, Ryan Tannehill, should the Cowboys bring him in for backup to Dak?

Easy yes.

He lacks pocket presence but can run and throw the ball with touch.
He was a disappointing 8th overall pick but had zero offensive line his entire career. Never had a run game either outside of one year with Ajayi.

Watch some highlights of him versus the chargers a few years back. He delivers an absolute perfectly thrown ball to Stills with pressure in his face.

For a backup, he's a great option. If he were to be available of course.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Maybe it's just that sophomore slump we keep hearing QB's go through. Cooper Rush certainly had his last year.

But yes, Mike White should be cut to the practice squad.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
How can people think Zeke is more valuable than Dak now? If we're agreed Dak goes down and we go 3-13, isn't he the guy you need to sign first? Does anyone think we'll go 3-13 if Zeke doesn't play? It doesn't matter who's ranked higher in their positions. I'm a Cowboys fan and I care about our wins more than the idea of who's more elite compared to their peers or whatever.

sbark

Reaction score
Too much talent at other positions to keep qb white, especially with daks strong week to week availability...stays healthy.

C.rush loves k.moores offense I bet.....that Td throw was high level anticipation and throw the wr open.

As much as white got to play with 2's last night, be nice to see c.rush with the 1's....

Blackrain

Reaction score
Mike White is very hard to watch . Get Dak signed and sign a veteran back up we may need someone who can finish out a game in an emergency .

stinkface

Reaction score
Bad thing is he is nothing but a deer caught in the headlights out there. He has much more arm talent then Rush. Probably more then Dak realistically. His biggest problem is whatever is between his ears. I think he pretty much has sucked all training camp, not counting the pre-season games. I'd rather see the 4th string guy get in there and see if he has any upside.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
IF Dak goes down early in the season you acquiesce to a 3-13 record and a premium draft pick. No way you waste money on a mundane retread like Bradford that will only get you at very best to 8-8.
I guess you really don't understand.

If Dak goes down for a short period of time, you want a capable backup that can drive the bus until Dak comes back.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If the Titans decide to go with youth at backup QB and decide not to keep the 31 year old former Dolphins QB, Ryan Tannehill, should the Cowboys bring him in for backup to Dak?

Tannehill might end up starting for the Dolphins. He's not getting cut lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know why they would have brought in a veteran starter if they didn’t think they needed the depth.
no

dude is the average of mediocre trash. I don't want any failed retreads with a career losing record
You are under the impression top level starters are available to sign as a backup? I don’t think Tannehill will be available, but a veteran starter often makes for an excellent backup QB. Like Foles was for the Eagles, or like Beuerlein or Kitna were for the Cowboys at times. Someone that at least had the talent to earn a starting job and keep it awhile is likely more talented than a guy that never earns that chance, plus there is benefit to experience

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Hate to say it and it's really disappointing, but White just has not developed at all and shows no sign getting any better.

There is no point in putting him on the 53 man roster.

He has actually regressed. His YPA is as bad as it can be. Also has zero pocket presence. Plays scared.

JustChip

Reaction score
PS is the best he can hope for. 53 is out of the question.

I don't know what has happened in the last year but it's obvious what hasn't.
What he’s showing is exactly what the scouting report was at draft time a year ago - slow reads and indecision. It’s why he fell to the 5th round. I don’t know this for a fact, but I’m guessing he didn’t progress much during his college career. There were some on here last year at this time espousing to get rid of Dak in favor of White. This post is about White & not Dak; I bring that up just to point out too many people get way too enamored with physical tools and don’t consider the most important tool of all - the ole noodle.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don’t see Tannehill getting released as his team needs a good backup QB as much as the Cowboys do. McCown would have been a good option but Philly got in on that one. Just need a guy that can hold down the fort and go .500 if Dak misses a month, and I don’t see CRush being a guy that can do that yet. I thought he’s looked okay this preseason though.
Tennessee needs a good backup far more than Dallas. Mariotta gets hurt alot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Luckily for us, our starting QB is durable as hell.

That’s another factor in Dak’s worth. Availability is enormous.

I LOVE Romo, but he was never able to play 3 straight years without getting hurt like Dak has.

And when starting QBs go down, seasons are destroyed.
From 06 to 09, Romo missed 3 games in 4 seasons.
From 2011 to 14, Romo missed 2 games in 4 seasons.

I'd say offhand that it's not really true. Before Jerry let the OL fall apart in2009/2010, Romo didn't get hurt easily.

J12B

Reaction score
Zack Martin, Frederick, LVE and Taco were mid-to-late 1st round picks. I included Taco since he suddenly is starting to show signs of major improvement so far this year.

As you mentioned, ClaiBURNED was a total waste of 2 costly picks to move up inside the top 10. Tyron Smith has been a very good blindside O-Tackle, but he's constantly dealing with a reaccuring lower back injury. Zeke is the only other player drafted inside the Top 10 overall picks who has played like a stud, but he's now used that to holdout and hold our team hostage while demanding a new contract that would make him the richest RB in the league, even though he has 2 years left on his current rookie contract. The Cowboys have done better drafting during the middle-to-late 1st round than inside the Top 10.

Great post :clap: