Cut / trade AB immediately

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by MichiganCowboyFan, Sep 11, 2021.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,814 Messages
    31,528 Likes Received
    Why? He's far from our biggest issue. And is only an issue because he's a slot CB who is forced to play elsewhere.

charron likes this.
  2. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

1,460 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    Yep....he ain't cheap....that must be the reason he is starting.

The Cowboys signed Anthony Brown to a three year, $15.5 million contract on March 20, 2020. Brown received a $4.5 million signing bonus.

3. NotForLong

NotForLong Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    4,903 Likes Received
    During Antonio Brown's Career . . . I wonder How many CB's were cut after they played AB :huh:

Because that was a standard performance except now he is just 1 among 3 Elite Wrs. . .

He is solid . . . when he becomes over priced then its time to get rid of Him

wecasa, Techsass and kskboys like this.
  4. Soth

Soth Well-Known Member

805 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    I don't think AB should be a starting corner but I think he is ok as a CB3 or CB4.

But we don't have enough depth to cut him. I doubt we can get anything for him in a trade.

Techsass, zrinkill, TNT and 1 other person like this.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan Zone Supporter

40,654 Messages
    14,437 Likes Received
    AB is good in a backup role ..
    He just has no business starting especially against Tom freaking Brady.

6. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received

Tom did seem to shy away from # 7 they call me Mr Diggs and throw laser darts over in the direction of imitation Toast Elvis Patterson # 30

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  7. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Diggs is the new Byron Jones except he actually gets his hands on the football. Teams won't throw at Diggs unless it's zone and the receiver is wide open.

RonWashington likes this.
  8. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

3,285 Messages
    3,405 Likes Received
    I would actually say he is the biggest issue by far. What else is there? Collins getting suspended, DT's not getting enough pressure. Not nearly as bad as what we saw from Brown against AB IMO.

9. BigBlacKahuna

BigBlacKahuna 22Cowboys21

1,605 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    Anthony Brown is horrible…….simply horrible!

10. RonWashington

RonWashington Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received

I just hope Joseph a # 2 pans out . It’s early . He seemed to have good contact with the receiver in pre season was in the same zip code just needs to locate the ball make some plays .

Wright a # 3 seems very intriguing , I see what Quinn liked about him. I was surprised Anthony Brown was given the entire game to prove Antonio Brown was wide open .

MichiganCowboyFan and kskboys like this.
  11. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

3,896 Messages
    6,295 Likes Received
    Brown is more than likely gone after this season as his contract after this season saves the team $5M against the salary cap but releasing him this season has Dallas at a $1.5M loss salary cap wise.

12. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

15,483 Messages
    14,862 Likes Received
    who replaces him

13. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

11,393 Messages
    9,717 Likes Received
    They know this. We've all known this going back to 2016. Didn't Chido start over him when Byron was on the team? Yet apparently he's our 2nd best corner.

14. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

28,814 Messages
    31,528 Likes Received
    Nope. No pressure on Brady is far and away the biggest issue. Everything else pales in comparison.

AB is a slot CB being forced to play outside. The bigger issue is Joseph not being ready. And where's Canady?

15. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    He needs to actually play. AB is worse than Mike Jenkins at his worst.

16. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Canady. Wright in some matchups (not Antonio Brown, but against taller receivers or TEs). Joseph when he gets off the injured list in week 4.

17. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

6,029 Messages
    7,472 Likes Received
    I'm not a fan of Brown, but to be fair, Antonio is one of the best receivers in the entire league playing with the best QB to play in this league. Every corner will struggle, especially when the pass rush was non-existent. Anthony Brown is serviceable and just a place holder for our younger prospects.

18. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

15,483 Messages
    14,862 Likes Received
    Canady.

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  19. MichiganCowboyFan

994 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Canady in week 2 literally. otherwise Herbert will treat Diggs like prime Richard Sherman and throw AB's way all afternoon.

waving monkey likes this.
  20. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

2,857 Messages
    2,661 Likes Received

Diggs played well but why would you throw at him when you have #30 in 1 on 1 with any starting WR? I dont care if he plays CB4 but man give the kids a shot at least they might make a play while blowing some assignments......Brown just can not lock a play down...