News: CW: Can Cowboys WR Simi Fehoko take over Noah Brown's role?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet we have added several WR that will compete for spots he needs..if he doesnt break into the lineup this year do you not think the FO will look at this as a move on scenario?
No. He was a 5th rounder and his role is on special teams and back up WR. He wasn't drafted with the idea he would be a starter. Yeah it would be really nice if he turned into one. But breaking into the starting lineup or not won't be the determining factor in moving on from him. The Cowboys aren't going to put Lamb, Gallup or Cooks on specials teams. Someone has to fill those roles.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No. He was a 5th rounder and his role is on special teams and back up WR. He wasn't drafted with the idea he would be a starter. Yeah it would be really nice if he turned into one. But breaking into the starting lineup or not won't be the determining factor in moving on from him. The Cowboys aren't going to put Lamb, Gallup or Cooks on specials teams. Someone has to fill those roles.
He could stay on as ST player for sure, he could also get replaced by the next cheaper Semi Fehoko on ST as they see if he can play WR also, I'm just saying this year is important for him as a WR on this team.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Can Cowboys WR Simi Fehoko take over Noah-Browns-role?

OMG....really? What role similar to Brown would that be....stealing money for 5 years? .Setting up the opponent for a game winning TD with a perfect volleyball dig? This is one of the reasons we can't get over the hump.....refusal to CHURN THE DAMN ROSTER when its a Booger and Chuckles draftee!!! The dude is JAG....at best.

slick325

Reaction score
All signs point to Dallas taking a WR early in this draft. That means 5 WRs are likely to be on the team (Lamb, Cooks, Gallup, Tolbert and a rookie). Tolbert may be secure simply due to the draft capital spent on him just a year ago.

Fehoko and every other WR will he competing for 1 roster spot. Fehoko better hope 2 WRs aren't taken in this draft.

I hope he shows improvement and makes a jump. It may be tough to be expected to be like Brown was last season. Tolbert is going to get every opportunity to be the 4th WR, it will be interesting to see Tolbert, the high rookie pick of the 2023 draft and Fehoko compete. But, I think the odds could be stacked against him being the fourth or fifth WR.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I like him, I’m eager to see what he can do.

I’m hoping he surprises this year.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Brown was WR2 by default last year. Thankfully Cooks will fill that role and Gallup hopefully returns to form as WR3. In 2021 Brown had 16 catches for 184 yards. Surely Simi can match that production if given the chance, but barring injury, I don't see him playing a big role in this offense.

plasticman

Reaction score
No young player on the Cowboys team is taking it easy. They are working hard to improve their skill set

Therefore, I have to believe that Fehoko is traveling a similar career path to that of Noah Brown.

I'm talking about guys like Noah Brown, Dalton Schultz, Dorance Armstrong, Tyler Biadacz, Cooper Rush, etc.

Fehoko will definitely get his share of competition.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why don't the Cowboys convert Simi Fehoko from WR to a TE? He's currently 6'4", 222 lbs but runs a 4.37 40. Bulk him up to around 237-240 lbs, have him get stronger and play him at TE. He would by far be our fastest TE who could beat any LB or Safety trying to cover him inside. Everyone knows them Polynesians are known for their body mass and strength. Get Simi in the weight room, bulk him up while increasing his strength, then try him at the TE spot.

What say you?

Kwyn

Reaction score
He hasn’t shown anything since being drafted that indicates he can be a solid NFL player.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's more likely to take over Jalen Tolbert's role.
What, being healthy scratch on game days? Lol He only spent about 8 games activated. The Cowboys are hoping Tolbert will step up seeing they invested a third round pick on him last year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Fehoko does take over Noah Brown’s role that may pretty much be it for Jalen Tolbert. He could end up a complete waste of a third round pick. The Cowboys could possibly take a WR in this draft.

Motorola

Reaction score
Foheko hasnt dont anything. Couldnt even stay healthy last year and I dont think he even played.
Fehoko played in the first 5 games last year before going on IR for the rest of 2022 due to a shoulder injury
43 snaps on special teams, 36 on offense.
3 catches for 24 yards (targeted 4 times).

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not sure.with MM i have noticed once guys get in the doghouse they never get out (ie Cox).

Mr_437

Reaction score
No.
Simi isn't like Noah.
Do the Cowboys have a need in the offense for Simi's skill set?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Not sure if this is right but it's some, for sure. We have heard he was getting more playing time the last 2-3 seasons but when the season starts....
He creates no separation and seems robotic at times. From what I seen in his limited opportunities.. He doesn't stand out..

Tractor1

Reaction score
What, being healthy scratch on game days? Lol He only spent about 8 games activated. The Cowboys are hoping Tolbert will step up seeing they invested a third round pick on him last year.
Laughing...that's the extent of my confidence in Simi.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He looked so out of shape last year.

Dude just needs to run and run and run this off-season.

He has to play faster.