News: CW: Cowboys reportedly 'dug in' on Zack Martin contract holdout

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiletto

Reaction score
All they needed to do was recognize him with a decent pay raise after his last 3 All Pro selections to keep near the current rate. I know he signed a contract but GOOD employees shouldn't have to ask for a promotion or salary change...

Havic

Reaction score
All they needed to do was recognize him with a decent pay raise after his last 3 All Pro selections to keep near the current rate. I know he signed a contract but GOOD employees shouldn't have to ask for a promotion or salary change...
Big money will go to Dak, CD, Parson's + others.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If they renegotiated his deal - they’d be killed for it here, if they hold their stance they’ll be killed for it here. It’s lose lose at this place no matter what on most things. Personally, I do think they’ll come to some middle ground understanding where he gets some sort of raise

starfan1

Reaction score
I guess this means we’re gonna have to keep Josh Ball? Darn we’re in trouble

ghst187

Reaction score
They need to dance this delicately. If they “dig in” then the agent will do likewise and then it escalates to a Cold War that is harder to work out. On one hand, if they cave like they did with Zeke then it opens the floodgates that any player can do the same the second they feel they are underpaid. On the other hand, they are underpaying for the best or near best OG in the game. They have to find a middle ground that allows the player to save face and feel appreciated while not opening the floodgates for everyone demanding a new deal. This is what the FO gets paid to do.
They don’t have a great track record….

Carson

Reaction score
He signed the contract let him live up to it. The team has some big contracts coming up with Dak, CeeDee and Parsons.
Cap is rising. You spread Dak out, Diggs has wiggle room, you back load Lamb. Parsons hit doesn’t impact for another three seasons.

Plenty of room to do this. It’s bogus it’s taking this long

plasticman

Reaction score
It makes me wonder about Martin's frame of mind even if he does return without a new contract. Will he be able to put the disappointment behind him and give 100%?

Can't Jerry make some type of magnanimous gesture and add a little something that won't derail contract plans of other important players?

No matter the final results of this situation, it will not be a victory for Jerry Jones.

75boyz

Reaction score
They need to dance this delicately. If they “dig in” then the agent will do likewise and then it escalates to a Cold War that is harder to work out. On one hand, if they cave like they did with Zeke then it opens the floodgates that any player can do the same the second they feel they are underpaid. On the other hand, they are underpaying for the best or near best OG in the game. They have to find a middle ground that allows the player to save face and feel appreciated while not opening the floodgates for everyone demanding a new deal. This is what the FO gets paid to do.
They don’t have a great track record….
Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.