News: CW: ESPN's premiere 2021 power rankings place Cowboys near the bottom

Creeper

Reaction score
And last year they came into the season as one of the top teams. How did that work out?

The Cowboys are going to be better simply by getting all their injured players back. The defense is a big question mark but I expect some improvement on the DL with guys like Gallimore and Hills getting more experience. We have to see if they can sign anyone to solidify the line in the middle.

Cmac

Reaction score
Reasonable, until proven.....enough of being pre-season contenders before 1 game played. Prove it!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
A record of 6-10 in 2020 rates being in the lower half of the NFL. :omg:
The Cowboys just deserve what their record indicates--no more. :grin:

The C'boys' ways of poor management just kicked them in the keister!

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
This team has way more question marks than answers.

Maybe ESPN doesn't think one off season of Jones magic is the answer.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Good. Now we will go 15-1 with no pressure......
They DO like to grab the one seed while no one is paying much attention....

....then of course choke in the first game after basking in how great they are for two weeks.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"if the Joneses insist on letting the Prescott inferno burn out of control (again), it means other fires will simply go unattended. Or be mismanaged. And that 19th-ranked club that seems to lead the league in dysfunction and underachievement is exactly what their record says they are":hammer:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is accurate. Every year too many Cowboys fans buy the hype of the offseason only to be devestated when the team fails to achieve the expectations set. Even if we draft well and add pieces in FA this team is a 7-10 or 8-9 team.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Every time the team sinks to a low, the following season is good enough for Jerry to sell his optimism.

I doubt they have another clunker. That's what keeps this machine running.

They will 11-12 games this year and the media will be picking them for the SB the following season, when we slip back to 5-6 wins.

They do not, as an organization, have any clue as to how to build on success.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
You don’t need a pimply faced East Coast sports writer to tell you they will disappoint, 25 years and counting speaks for itself. The only people making the Cowboys look stupid are themselves and the fans that over hype them every year.

Are you impugning my fanhood sir?

The simple answer is to always prove the prognosticators wrong. Will the team do that? IMO it is highly unlikely as you seem to imply. I am well aware of the obstacles which include but are not limited to: #1 The ineptness of the GM and thus the front office (yes, it is the single one piece of fact that is consistent since 1995 or even 1994). #2 Coaching is built on cronyism and is directly related to #1 and appeared to be incredibly inept. #3. The "country club" atmosphere which falls directly on #1 and #2. Beyond toxic for a hope at league success.

The order of importance is as I relayed, again IMO.

Despite all this I am, after 55 years, still a rabid Cowboy fan. That is a simple fact, no over-hype, no fan blindness, and no knock on any fan that cheers "their" team on !

Go Cowboys . . . !!!!!!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I always like being ranked lower, that usually translates to a successful season.

Bigdog

Reaction score
What? Don't they know we have a "loaded roster" and the only thing that kept us from making a deep run was injuries? :rolleyes:
We have a loaded roster only in Jerry eyes.