News: CW: ESPN's premiere 2021 power rankings place Cowboys near the bottom

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Ironically, the Buccaneers' power ranking a year ago was the same as the Cowboys' is now - #19.

Unlike the Buccaneers the Dallas Jerry's won't be going anywhere fast. This is a scrub of a team filled with a few flashy individuals. No grit, no fight and as soft as their coach's gut.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't believe they have Kansas City, rated higher than the Cowboys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ironically, the Buccaneers' power ranking a year ago was the same as the Cowboys' is now - #19.
did you look that up? If so it shows the espn pre season P ranking is meaningless.
I dont really buy into power rankings, that just uses flawed stats. And for 21 it would just look at what they did in 20.
There are all sorts of variables that go into how a team will play in any future games. Otherwise betting on games would be easy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
ESPN's premiere 2021 power rankings place Cowboys near the bottom

fa732431b12048e9a2946b4cefa34b96.jpg

"You are what your record says you are." That's just one of the memorable quotes entered into the NFL vernacular by the legendary Bill Parcells. And looking at the latest set of p

Read Full Story
:espn::espn::espn::espn:

DFWJC

Reaction score
motorola says it was 19, which if it was shows that power rankings are meaningless.
At least motorola's
:laugh:
The vast majority of publications had Tampa as contenders pre season last year

But really, I agree. Power rankings are just for entertainent.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
When you’re a dumpster fire for 25 years and the only thing you can muster up is a historically bad defense then you don’t deserve to be higher than 30.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tenth on March 30.
To me that says they should make the playoffs, but not go far. lol
So power rankings are meaningless.

I thought at same time TB would make playoffs, but I didnt think they could go to SB, I gave them about a 20% chance of that.
Then after they lost to NO badly both times, I didnt think they could get past NO or GB.
I was rooting for them all season, but thought NO would knock them out, so I was happily shocked when they beat NO!
After that I though well maybe they can beat GB, thought it was 50% chance, and they did.
Then I though they had a good lets say 80% chance of beating chiefs, because Brady has so much SB experience, and TB was on a Roll
and defense kept getting better and better.
But to be honest I was shocked by KC not getting a TD and only 9 points. I thought it would be a close game and brady wins in last minute.

bewp7

Reaction score
good i am tiered of this team always being over rated and over hyped.

hope no one even talk about them until they win some thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does this mean the Cowboys won't win the ESPN Power Ranking Trophy?

Power rankings in a sport with a playoff system is a joke. ESPN is a joke. Someone should have told them a while back, there just isn't enough sports for a 24 hour a day broadcast.
Yep

Power ranking in NFL is useless. We’re ranked #19. Nobody cares. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe they should start having bowl games for the NFL teams that don’t make the playoffs. Lol

6 wins and you’re bowl eligible. Jethro would love that.