News: CW: Gerald McCoy announces retirement; Cowboys DL still in flux after brief 2020 tenure

Jipper

Reaction score
But they wont. Hankins was just cheap enough to obtain. He wasnt even a priority signing. Glad we got him back but this FO still doesnt value the run stuffer more than an average kicker.
You don't know that and it's all speculation based on prior events.

My speculation is that the realize their Achilles heal the last two years on defense has been the center of the line and they are looking to fix it and get to a complete and special defense.

Again, Hankins may not be ideal but he represents the most they have put towards the dt position in a long time and I for one am optimistic that's an indicator that they are going to do more.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

My speculation is that the realize their Achilles heal the last two years on defense has been the center of the line and they are looking to fix it and get to a complete and special defense.

Again, Hankins may not be ideal but he represents the most they have put towards the dt position in a long time and I for one am optimistic that's an indicator that they are going to do more.
I hope you are right but i have good reason to doubt it.

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope you are right but i have good reason to doubt it.
Me too dude, I am so sick of wanting the same toy for draftmas every year and jerryclaus just not delivering...hoping the message has gotten through

Hadenough

Reaction score
What hole? McCoy was washed up along with Poe. Two guys I wanted Dallas to sign much earlier in their careers. Jerry doesn't like to draft DTs in the early rounds and has never liked paying premium dollar for one. Jerry should of gone after Leonard Williams when the Jets were shopping him. They like to waste picks on Trystan Hill and Taco Charlton.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thought McCoy was already retired. No games listed for him the last two seasons on pro football reference.

CapnB

Reaction score
they will never spend a top pick on a DT. Stephen Jones has said time and time again he doesnt see the point in spending that type of pick on someone who is a 2 down player.

blueblood70

Reaction score

achilles heal at times but the bigger issue was Brown and lewis being lost for the year and scrambling for help pus Diggs falling off but and afraid of contact.. the run defense surprisng to most posters here was actually over 19 games as good as the eagles run d actually better,. Shocking huh? we need to get better at every position yearly but saying the middle wasn't the BIGGEST issue when we saw diggs fail to make those 2 big plays and kittles burning 3 of our DBS on huge catch and late got beat a lot..

so looking back over 17 games injures effected the team more than anything the offense blew the playoff games not the middle of the defense they shut down TB and SF

I wouldn't call what our group at DT was last year as scrubs or trash.. sure the right NT/DT1 come up grab him But,

we were top 7 last year on defense, even with all those injuries and ended up graded better then then the eagles in the run game. Our run defense was 4.4 YPC, theirs was 4.6, we gave up 9 rushing tds, they gave up 14, yards about the same.

I realize the need but we had a very good defense against the run at time especially the playoffs.

the eagles value the DT so much it keeps being talked about, but our D ended up closely ranked EVEN with some of those bad games in the middle of the season.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
DT has to be a top 3 pick right? Benton and Ika are there for the taking. I would also grab another guy later on. TE, DT, G and RB first four picks in no particular order. Stromberg is a no brainer if there. Bigsby could be had. Washington could be had with a trade down. It really is set up for them. So easy a Caveman can do it.
I wouldn’t mind if the first two day of picks for us was dedicated to the trenches

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
450.jpg
LOL, wonder if McCoy makes it into the HofF, he goes in as a Cowboy. Even though he got hurt getting off the plane at DFW. :muttley:

Kwyn

Reaction score
The last four years, the Cowboys have spent some draft capital on DTs every year. They just haven’t hit.

2022 - Ridgeway (5)
2021 - Osa (3), Bohanna (5)
2020 - Gallimore (3)
2019 - Hill (2)

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
The last four years, the Cowboys have spent some draft capital on DTs every year. They just haven’t hit.

2022 - Ridgeway (5)
2021 - Osa (3), Bohanna (5)
2020 - Gallimore (3)
2019 - Hill (2)
You making me sad