News: CW: Schultz to AFC South? TE named top FA target of 2 different clubs

buddieluver

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if the Raiders signed him they will be running double te sets.

quickccc

Reaction score
Quick what are your thoughts on tagging Schultz, you don’t like it? I figure it’s cheaper then a 5 year deal if the cap is a concern, which I don’t think it is. Would you rather have the 3rd round comp pick? I could see that.

Spend the money somewhere else is a good idea too if they actually do that. I just don’t see them giving out 10m a year to a FA OL or D player on the front 7. Yea I’d rather have a front 7 on the defense or a starter on the OL then a TE, but I like Schultz

- Imo, you use Franchise Tag for key core players - players you count on to build around your offense or defense - Dak, Zeke (former zeke) Dlaw, Gregory, Diggs Martin, Tyron
not secondary role players.

- Contrary to what Scultz-mania fans may be convinced of , Schultz is not Witten 2.0 ... The system makes him ,, he doesn't make the system, he's not a featured player in the offense where defenses have to scheme and account strategy to defend.

- So long as we are running bootleg roll outs and he can take advantage of misdirection or soft zone coverage to get himself open - but he doesn't have the separation skills to get himself free vs tight coverage with the better coverage LBs and safeties. .. you cannot be fooled by smoke and mirrors.

- A compensatory pick is gonna depend upon the size of contract he gets from another NFL team, his snap counts and if that player has received any post season awards...