News: CW: The Cowboys are rolling the dice at the center position

gtb1943

Reaction score
Martin has been an emergency center possibility. If I remember correctly he was exactly that a couple of times. Not sure if he still is considered such.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Goodwin and Hoffman or the new guy will be game day call ups until they can get another OL on the roster. If no injuries occur in the first few weeks, then someone will have to be cut to make way for the backup C unless they are comfortable with Bass and Goodwin will have to be inactive until there is an injury.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever became of Nick Martin, Zack’s brother? He’s a former high draft pick and veteran starter with a lot of experience.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If they activate Hoffman or Harlow to the game day roster each week. How is that rolling the dice?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Whatever became of Nick Martin, Zack’s brother? He’s a former high draft pick and veteran starter with a lot of experience.
He was with Washington last year, but I don't see any signs that he's on a roster. Would be a good one to bring in IMO.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Do you have a link to that news? I can’t find anything?
You can do a player search on nfl.com.

Nothing comes up when searching active players, but when you switch to retired players, Nick Martin then comes up.

I did a quick search and didn't see any official announcement from Martin, but he didn't go to training camp, so it looks like he's done.

Having to play for Washington makes lots of players retire.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will be fine. Anyone really think they don't have a plan for backup center? Good grief.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You can do a player search on nfl.com.

Nothing comes up when searching active players, but when you switch to retired players, Nick Martin then comes up.

I did a quick search and didn't see any official announcement from Martin, but he didn't go to training camp, so it looks like he's done.

Having to play for Washington makes lots of players retire.
Same with the giants. When JG left we let Joe Looney go. He went with JG and half way through training camp Looney retired. He wanted to stay with us and I think we should have kept him. He was good depth and could play center.

Bluefin

Reaction score
He was good depth and could play center.
And his Zeke impression was legendary.

005d4a4187cab56bca0f78a69793a075-original.jpg

Plankton

Reaction score
He appears to be unsigned, but he has had a truck load of injuries throughout his career. Might be worn down.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Almost can say that with any of our starters on the O-Line.
True, but the Center position is so delicate since it the position where the ball is snapped, defensive alignment is called at the line of scrimmage and is the spot on the Oline that is the closest for any defender to get to the QB. If your Center stinks, it collapses the whole Oline right up the middle, thus making it hard for the edges to succeed.