News: CW: The Cowboys are rolling the dice at the center position

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Hey... What's the worst that could happen?! Not like the entire offensive line and our QB would breakdown without a competent center. :muttley:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Hoffman will be called up week 1. And they have Bass cross training. It’ll be fine. No team in the league has great OL depth.

Creeper

Reaction score
I cannot believe what I am reading. I am as optimistic as anyone about this year but the situation at C is a potential nightmare for Dallas. C is the key position on the OL. The quickest route to the QB is over the C. If the C cannot stand up then everything breaks down.

The Cowboys had only Biadasz on the roster. Then they signed Hoffman to the practice squad. Then they signed Sean Harlow for more depth. But let's be clear, these two backups are inadequate and if Biadasz gets hurt one of them will come into the game to face Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams, Da'Ron Payner, Jon Allen, Fletcher Cox, Jordan Davis, and other top DTs. If you think either of these two can stand up to that then you lose your right to criticize Jerry for his horrible personnel decisions over the years.

Hoffman was awful in preseason, even against scrubs who didn't make a 53 man roster. He was clearly one of the worst interior OL. Harlow signed with the Giants in August and was cut before the month was over. No joke, He is not good.

Then I hear how TJ Bass is taking reps at C, as if a handful of snaps in practice is going to turn a college OT and rookie into a NFL C. There is so much more to playing C then just snapping the football.

The Cowboys made a mistake cutting Farniok. No, he wasn't the best Center in the league but he was experienced and adequate enough to replace Biadasz. And again, it is not letting Farniok go. He is just a backup, but letting him go without a better plan is the kind of stupid stuff Dallas has a habit of doing.